• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

Mr. Skumbag, I can verify that codeine after a decent MXE trip can be very nice. Say, an hour or two after peak effects of MXE are wearing off. You might find the effects of the codeine seem enhanced to a surprising degree.

You are correct, however, in surmising that MXE will take over codeine if you dose codeine first and then take a mid to high dose of MXE. Doing that is a waste of codeine, IMO.

For the sake of harm reduction, I will add that the potentiation (<-- is that not a word?) of codeine via consumption of MXE beforehand can be quite strong indeed. So if one is not familiar with the effects of opiates, it would be pertinent to keep the doses low.

If one is familiar with opiates, but not habituated, then I think one could be very pleasantly surprised at how well MXE boosts a modest amount of codeine.

Stay safe and be at peace%)

SubdethGet some travel calm (red packet works great for me), it's OTS at pharmacys.

I'd recommend the blue travacalm instead - the red one doesn't contain an antihistamine, and it's anti histamines that are usually most effective for opioid nausea, because they directly counter act the mechanism through which nausea is induced in the first place. The blue travacalm contains the antihistamine dimenhydrinate - plus you also get the potentiating effect of anti histamines.

Bought my usual 40 pack of generics & the chemist was a bit frazzled after a hectic day. Anyway she could not work out my change when I gave her a note & coin so I would get a note back. Then she gave me change from a $50 not a $20. I smiled at her & gave her the extra $30 back so I suspect she will not be questioning me when I purchase in the future. A little thing like that matters for future purchases since she will remember me as the honest guy with a toothache.

My random act of kindness today :)

not really an act of kindness... the extra $30 wasn't coming out of her paycheck geezer

not really an act of kindness... the extra $30 wasn't coming out of her paycheck geezer

Probably not but thats $30 credit in the karma bank for me & honesty is a character trait I hold dear these days.

Even with my heaviest drug abuse I was scrupulously honest but when I was gambling honesty went out the window as fast as my bank balance went in the red :\. Probably because drugs were much cheaper than heavy gambling (for me at least).

Might have to pick up another pack of 15's for Friday as it is a nice end to the week.

Me too, ive never stolen from anyone. Once I ran out of money I ran out of drugs.

Has anyone tried potentiation of codeine using valerian root? I used to take 12g of the capsules about 5 mins after drinking my CWE. Definitely made the body buzz stronger for me. I'm not sure if taking such a large dose of valerian with a daily APAP/codeine CWE is very good for your liver though.

^it can be a bit unpredictable, can't it? There are just so many variables which can alter your experience.

Do you always use the same brand of tablets, same technique? Do you have a ritual: eating or not eating beforehand, taking antacids, etc?

Is it possible that you took something beforehand which may have counteracted the codeine?

For instance, I used to find that some of the relatively newer generation of antihistamines which have a more focused effect than the broad spectrum first generation ones would drastically alter the subjective experience. During hayfever seasons I would take a Telfast in the morning and forget about it, then later a CWE would be disappointing and I wouldn't know why.

I mean, it's well known that doxylamine (often sold as Restavit) can make a modest CWE feel a lot stronger (well, heavier at least); whereas fexofenadine (sold as Telfast in many countries) would take away much of the subtle but pleasant effects of codeine to the point where it was almost like I hadn't had anything at all.

I cant do a proper cwe unless im using Panadein forste.... not these days anyways....to gluggly just doesnt work with any drug with less codeine... anyone else have this issue?

I haven't eaten in the last 48 hours, I used Dimenhydrinate to counter the histamine reaction, not the same brand and it's the first time I've used a para/codeine pill over ibu/codeine, same dose (~600mg), no ritual other than dissolving pills in 100mL and allowing it to filter while still in the fridge maintaining constant temps. No other meds or anything that could have any influence.

It took about an hour and I started to feel a mild buzz, but nowhere near the feeling last time. I'm in two minds about giving up on opiates altogether. I can't get morph and even my drug taking friends have said to me that they'd want nothing to do with my if I started on H.

Mr. Skumbag, I can verify that codeine after a decent MXE trip can be very nice. Say, an hour or two after peak effects of MXE are wearing off. You might find the effects of the codeine seem enhanced to a surprising degree.

You are correct, however, in surmising that MXE will take over codeine if you dose codeine first and then take a mid to high dose of MXE. Doing that is a waste of codeine, IMO.

For the sake of harm reduction, I will add that the potentiation (<-- is that not a word?) of codeine via consumption of MXE beforehand can be quite strong indeed. So if one is not familiar with the effects of opiates, it would be pertinent to keep the doses low.

If one is familiar with opiates, but not habituated, then I think one could be very pleasantly surprised at how well MXE boosts a modest amount of codeine.

Stay safe and be at peace%)

hell yes does mxe increase the effects of codeine.my god it increases the effects alot i had my usual dose about 2-3 hours after the main effects of mxe worse off.i got a histamine reaction and all my arms n stomach were pink from scratching.at some points the itch became so intense it began to hurt almost like i was getting burnt :\

^it can be a bit unpredictable, can't it? There are just so many variables which can alter your experience.

Do you always use the same brand of tablets, same technique? Do you have a ritual: eating or not eating beforehand, taking antacids, etc?

Is it possible that you took something beforehand which may have counteracted the codeine?

For instance, I used to find that some of the relatively newer generation of antihistamines which have a more focused effect than the broad spectrum first generation ones would drastically alter the subjective experience. During hayfever seasons I would take a Telfast in the morning and forget about it, then later a CWE would be disappointing and I wouldn't know why.

I mean, it's well known that doxylamine (often sold as Restavit) can make a modest CWE feel a lot stronger (well, heavier at least); whereas fexofenadine (sold as Telfast in many countries) would take away much of the subtle but pleasant effects of codeine to the point where it was almost like I hadn't had anything at all.

i find promethazine to work best for the itch.it also has a really nice feel when ur on some codes.be careful mixing sedating anti histamines tho as i said it can make the experience stronger.more smack like IME get a nice nod when some prometh is added for about a hour or 2

Bit of nostalgia ol chaps? Found old N+ tablet in an old Uni pencil case. Thought Id give it a go at splitting. The lighting isnt the best but its essentially your standard issue concave-convex perfect split..... throw the concave in the bin, throw the convex in the pile.

The annoyance me and my room mate used to whinge about of having to go through a 48-box and split the whole lot before we could start the movie and be rad itchy half an hour in.... compared to messin about with water, clothes, filters etc etc.

days.png

DOnt get me wrong CWE... I still love you. But you can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Heh, them were the days.

I think my first decent codeine batch involved these.

I used to cwe half my batch, and chomp the rest. Think I was worried about the binders/fillers.

Bit of nostalgia ol chaps? Found old N+ tablet in an old Uni pencil case. Thought Id give it a go at splitting. The lighting isnt the best but its essentially your standard issue concave-convex perfect split..... throw the concave in the bin, throw the convex in the pile.

Haha!

I remember hearing about those. When were they on shelves?

I think I've been CWEing for longer than those were around, but somehow never heard about it or used them.

Or maybe I did hear about it but couldn't believe it - sounded too good to be true!

^ they were around early 2000's if my memory's correct, maybe up untill 02/03?

I didn't believe it untill I tried it....... that was a happy day.

Haha!

I remember hearing about those. When were they on shelves?

I think I've been CWEing for longer than those were around, but somehow never heard about it or used them.

Or maybe I did hear about it but couldn't believe it - sounded too good to be true!

fuck those were the days.i wish i was using when they were around :|