• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

I'm not very good at reading these things. Am I correct in deducing that consuming some high glucose foods - a handfull of grapes or something - with a dose of Rikodeine would increase the absorption of the Sorbitol - therefore making it less uncomfortable for recreational use (as it absorbs more quickly?) Or is it the other way 'round completely...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7712303

I have a very weak stomach but I found eating foods like chicken on bread before and after a bottle of Rikodeine work great but I don't really like any opiates except Codeine so I don't really bother anymore.

Don't know why but codeine works for me these days. I still find it strange that I used to be able to take ~600mgs and not feel a thing.

Just dosed 600mgs and am feeling nice and cozy %)

^ It's a nice little bonus when you re-visit something which previously had no effect and find that it's now doing something good.

Codeine is one of those things that I'll never lose respect for. It's been so good, on so many occasions. Just because it's next to useless for me now doesn't mean
I'm going to forget all the good times <tips hat and winks across room at codeine>

Also, to the poster asking about how to stop itching:

As others have said, antihistamines are very effective. Just note that 1st gen ones such as those mentioned above are the way to go, because newer selective ones (like the brand Telfast) can have counter-productive action; ie. they can alter your subjective experience of codeine, making it less enjoyable.

Don't know why but codeine works for me these days. I still find it strange that I used to be able to take ~600mgs and not feel a thing.

Just dosed 600mgs and am feeling nice and cozy %)

Yeah I'm exactly the same, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. It's weird because no matter what I'll get extremely itchy meaning I've extracted a decent amount of Codeine but sometimes the Opiate effect is just not there.

I was wondering how dangerous it is to take 800mg of Ibuprofen at a time?

not very, and with food in the stomach even less. Granted it is double the standard dose so some people would get a cramp or heartburn feeling but I would say I've had much much more than that and had no probs. not reccomended, long term stomach issues if always done, but no not dangerous

I was wondering how dangerous it is to take 800mg of Ibuprofen at a time?

Guess that depends on how well you tolerate ibuprofen generally. Do you take it at normal therapeutic doses (200-300mg) without issue?

If you have stomach ulcers or have a sensitive stomach in general, you could end up feeling very uncomfortable indeed.

Future, i wouln't reccomend it, but i've taken upto 1600mg of ibuprofen at a time(always always on a full stomach) on a few occasions when i was lazy and i've never had and stomach problems or pains.

Yes, i know i shouldn't be doing that. Most of the times i do do cwe's, but like i said. Sometimes i'm just lazy:p

It's probably just all in my head but for some reason I tend to feel the effects of Codeine more when mixed with Ibuprofen compared to Paracetamol. Does anyone else experience this?

50-60mg is a nice dose for me and I'm not going to CWE 4-5 tabs. Never experienced any sort of discomfort from Ibuprofen, even on 1000mg but I do always eat prior.

I am a big fan of codeine. It does not offer the warmth of oxy but it is cheap and easy to access. With fortnightly use I have found my sweet spot to be 5-600mg with appropriate potentiators.

Went through a phase of frequent abuse but was driving all over Melbourne & having to find new chemists to put on rotation. Fuckin annoying to say the least

So the past 3 codeine experiences I have had all ended up with bad nausea. Obviously this is a common side affect from codeine, and opiates in general, though I have never experienced such extreme stomach discomfort from codeine in the past.

Around 30-45 minute after taking it the nausea comes on, especially if I get up and move, it ends with me hugging the toilet bowl for a good 10 minutes.
I usually take around 600mg, which is a normal dose. Usually have a very light meal before hand, just so I have something in my stomach, and I have my CWE's perfected. The majority of the time ill either have a beer prior to ingestion or a Phenergan as well.
None of the aforementioned have been an issue in the past. Which leads me to my question, why does this happen?! It's quite annoying as I enjoy codeine recreationally and as a pain relief tool.

Have i developed an intolerance to it? Also, does anyone else experience similar reactions?

I am a big fan of codeine. It does not offer the warmth of oxy but it is cheap and easy to access. With fortnightly use I have found my sweet spot to be 5-600mg with appropriate potentiators.

Went through a phase of frequent abuse but was driving all over Melbourne & having to find new chemists to put on rotation. Fuckin annoying to say the least

what potentiators? diphenhydramine? dxm?

if its dph, is that otc? what can i ask for?

ive had the problem for a while where 500mg I can barely feel, and 750mg plus I will get barely any recreation effects, (maybe a slightly better headspace for an hour), and then mad itching the rest of the night

^ Dxm works good for me, I use periactin (cyproheptadine) a sedating antihistine (really cheap) too.
45mg dxm 45mins before codeine, 4-6mg periactin with the dxm.
Makes a huge difference, more couch lock and staring into nothingness...

SubdethGet some travel calm (red packet works great for me), it's OTS at pharmacys.

I used to use it every time I used opiates, but now days I don't seem to need it.

Dose some maybe half an hour before your codeine, and if you still get naseaus after your codeine then take another travel calm. Never had a problem since using it.

Last edited:

ive had the problem for a while where 500mg I can barely feel, and 750mg plus I will get barely any recreation effects, (maybe a slightly better headspace for an hour), and then mad itching the rest of the night

So the past 3 codeine experiences I have had all ended up with bad nausea.

a) have you tried eating (or cut it up small enough to swallow) some ginger prior to dosing? its a very effective anti-nauseant and saves me chucking my guts alot on psychs

b) are you getting close to a nod when you dose? for me i tend to only chuck when im really wasted on op8s
so maybe you need to lower it a little

^^^
^ Dxm works good for me, I use periactin (cyproheptadine) a sedating antihistine (really cheap) too.
45mg dxm 45mins before codeine, 4-6mg periactin with the dxm.
Makes a huge difference, more couch lock and staring into nothingness...

Last edited:
I haven't used ginger before, I'll give it a shot next time round, cheers.

600mg doesn't have me nodding these days, It does sedate me quite a bit though most of the time.

Also; regarding potentiators, I've found 30mg of DXM about 45 mins before codeine increases the Euphoria noticeably, even with a tolerance. 30mg of promethazine (personally) increases the duration. Antihistamines are pretty horrible IMO, always leave me feeling like shit the following day. Have yet to try DPH though.

^ just shows how lazy I am, laying on a couch that's a couple meters away from my pc....

But still I'm on my mobile.

Imo, dxm makes the codeine kick in a bit quicker, and makes the rush you get at the start more intense.

Sedating antihistamines seem to lengthen the plateau, and really get the CNS depression happening. I have found it much easier finding nod town with these, sort of creeps up on you throughout the plateau.

But I will add too, sometimes if I've eaten that day, or dosed later in the day my liver just doesent seem interested, end up with a mild hit that doesent last long.

Last edited:

I had a standing nod the other night off 480mg codeine with 1 x 15mg Restavit 30 mins before dosing & 10mg diazepam with a couple of cones 30 mins post dose. Kinda lucky my balcony door was open as I staggered 2 steps whilst having a ciggy & would have gone through a glass door headfirst :D. Then again I dose a maximum of once every 10 days now & seem to get consistent affects with that combo.

But I will add too, sometimes if I've eaten that day, or dosed later in the day my liver just doesent seem interested, end up with a mild hit that doesent last long.

I have found that if I eat >4 hours before dosing the effects take about twice as long to kick in but seem to plateau for longer?

hey guys n gals

has anyone had codeine while on mxe before?i assume there would be some sort of increased effects but how much and what effects.does the mxe take over the codeine buzz?