Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Americans

Season 2 ep 1 was great - was NOT expecting what happened with the other family.

Can't wait to see more of Stan and Nina. And Clarke and Martha :> Man, when Martha finds out what's up I have a feeling she's gonna go postal.

There are so many Soviet agents in DC this season. Does anybody know if there were really that many?

Don't get me wrong - Elizabeth is right there, but Nina is on another level. Plus Elizabeth fucked that black dude...

Sleeper, Stan's wife.

Who you got?

Last edited:
Anyone been following the show?

What's going to happen to Martha?

Anyone think Philip is going to murder her?

I'm following. I guess it's a spolier.
Anyone think Philip is going to murder her?
That's how I understood the last scene. Early during that episode I thought to myself that the whole Martha subplot had been lingering way too long in the show and that something needed to change. So right on time!

Paige ruins the show. Like Dana from Homeland. Always teenage daughters slathering everything with narcissism and melodrama.

^ Yup! IMO she's even worse than Dana. Her Jesus-freak yet whiney side plot ruined this season.

The Americans, along with The Leftovers, are currently the best shows on television. Two of the five greatest shows of all time, IMO.

Random timing for me to post here, I know, it being months after the season 4 finale and months before the season 5 premier, but I couldn't sit idly by and say nothing when I saw that one of the most outstanding seasons of television of all time passed without a single comment on this site.

I would put this show, along with The Leftovers, right up there in the pantheon of television greats like The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. In fact, these five shows are the only ones I place in what I refer to as the "transcendent" tier of television. All are remarkable accomplishments that I place side by side with some of the great literary works of all time.

I bring The Leftovers up when speaking of The Americans because both stand as the greatest achievements of this current generation of TV, and yet receive almost zero viewership.

And with the revelation that he killed yet another innocent person over nothing, Phillip face is back this episode.

Mathew Rhys does an amazing job at conveying his character's abject existential misery in a way that is both visceral and subtle, without ever appearing unnatural or exaggerated. Late season 3 through early season 4, my heart would break every time he appeared on screen, like I had just witnessed one of the dogs from an ASPCA commercial.

I know I am essentially talking to myself here, but this show is so good I can talk to myself all day about it.

Fuck this season was good. First 10 episodes were a little slow, building up the exposition in order to deliver those epic payoffs (plural) at the end. Reminded me of season 3 of Breaking Bad in that regard.

As always, the choice of music was top tier this season, but this track was the highlight for me:

https://youtu.be/tkBivvXwEWM

The power of that scene, where Paige is invited into the darkroom, implying her full immersion, both physically and ideologically into her parents' world.