• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

VYVANSE and MDMA

JaceV

Greenlighter
So my friend was curious to know if its safe to take vyvanse on a regular daily schedule and then roll later? Here is more specific information to help those who may be able to help me.

So a friend of mine just started taking 50mg of vyvanse a day every morning around 7-8:30am as prescribed by his doctor for ADHD/ADD. This friend doesn't roll often, only like once every month at best but more like every 2 months. Either way is there any known chemicals or reactions that are bad when taking a daily amount of vyvanse and rolling on MDMA. Keep in mind my friend doesn't abuse the vyvanse at all he just takes the select amount all the time and he usually takes a 136-150mg of MDMA aka Molly with no known added amps, its pure MDMA. He wants to know if he should worry about rolling while on his new regiment of vyvanse and wethe ror not he should stop taking vyvanse few days before rolling or what. Also since he takes vyvanse in the morning all the time and only rolls at night will it be ok if he did both same day. By night i mean around 8pm earliest to 10pm for rolling. My friend and i would appreciate the information that can help him to have a good safe time rolling. :)

Thanks in Advance brothers and sisters!! PLUR:):)

Yah the vyvanse will significanyly decrease the euphoria from the roll, and if he takes the two in close proximity, he could experience serious side effects like the fatal serotonin syndrome.

You will probably get better answers in the mdma sub forum of bluelight

Quick question, is this "friend of yours" really you? Because we all know it is. We don't use things like "my friend" or "SWIM" or the like here on Bluelight.

I'm going to move this over the Ecstasy Discussion forum.

BDD --> ED

like the fatal serotonin syndrome

That's not really true. Vyvanse is just lisdexamphetamine and is converted by the body into dextro-amphetamine (AKA regular speed). Taking it regularly will likely put a dampen on an MDMA experience, and depending on how long he's been on it that may or may not be overcomable with a short break from the drug. I would say a 48-72 hours to make sure it is out of your system at least and a week to be relatively "back to normal" or at least ready to roll. This is assuming he has only "just" got on the medication and does not need a taper to stave off withdrawal symptoms.

Other than a cross tolerance though, the two drugs shouldn't interact in any dangerous way. This would be a great question for the new MDMA + Stimulants sub thread

True, but there is a risk of serotonin syndrome on MDMA alone. It does not explicitly cause it as is the case with MAOis and MDMA, and the OP is talking about medicinal doses anyway.

Yes there is a risk, but saying death is one of them is a bit fear- monger sounding to me... yes, the risk is there, but it is so slim it's almost not worth mentioning.

You never know, peoples' bodies react differently and its only in the spirit of harm reduction I warm him about the risk. I could sit here nd say that he will be fine and not experience SS, but I would be talking out of my ass.

It's better to be safe than sorry. And i wasn't predicting that he dies, rather saying that SS could cause death

I have personally combined these two substances quite a few times with no complications. That is not to say that it will be safe for anyone else, you know your body and limitations better than we do, but if it were me i would take the vyvanse as prescribed even on the day you plan on dosing.

mdma. I feel that dicontinuing the vyvanse mayresultinadiminshed experience because you are abrubtly stopping something your body/mind has become acclimated to. You dont want to be going through wd's while trying to enjoy yourself with friends. Choose a friend you are closest to and explain your concerns to him/ her, this way they can keep an eye on you and if any complications arise they can take the appropriate measures to ensure you remain safe/ alive.

Quick question. Im new here so I didnt quite know how to start or where to go for this question so apologies if Im in the wrong place.
I have been taking 20mg XR Adderral for about 2 weeks now (school purposes) I ran out yesterday and a friend gave me a 50mg Vyvanse while I wait for my new prescription. Im planning to take a cap of MDMA on Saturday. Today is Tuesday. I was just wondering if anyone has had any diminished effects from using stimulants throughout the week before taking mdma? Ive had an interaction once before when I took a 30mg IR adderral on the same day I rolled. The roll was delayed by about 2-2.5 hours, but when it finally hit, it was amazing. I dont want my roll to be delayed this weekend, so should I halt taking any other stims for the rest of the week?

Last edited: