• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Help needed - long-term gabaergic drug use.

would also be interested to hear anyone's experience with piracetam at the increased dosages.

I never considered the scheduled status of cannabidiol. The fact that it's not explicitly listed is interesting, but I wouldn't consider obtaining some on that basis...

Hammilton, you might consider eating your own fingers if you were suicidally in agony with screaming pain.
Man, I'm looking for help. I can't be too picky right now.
Why not try something if it's helped others and is fairly safe?
I trust Triputory. Please get in touch.

Cannabidiol is psychoactive to some extent, but it does not produce typical cannabinoid effects like THC does. It's a different kind of psychoactivity.

CBD acts as a CB2 agonist, and a CB1 antagonist. In addition it has agonistic effects on serotonin 1a receptors. CB2 agonism is implicated in the antispastic and immune modulatory effects, CB1 antagonism and 5ht1a agonism cause anxiolysis and relaxation.

Part of the reason CBD is still illegal is because it can be converted into THC through heat, improper storage, and from the presence of acid. This is also why cannabis plants almost always have more THC than CBD. Discussion of the legality and sourcing of CBD is not a topic that's really appropriate here though.

Sekio, Let me know what you think: Should I be concerned abou this conversion if CBD is stored in a glycerin base for ~2 months?

Sekio, Let me know what you think: Should I be concerned abou this conversion if CBD is stored in a glycerin base for ~2 months?

I can't say. You'd need to GC/MS it or something.

I might eat my fingers?

I might jerk off on a policewoman too.

But I might not. I'm pretty sure I'd get a legit script for painkillers. Or maybe a non-legit one.

Hammilton, I am being sincere.
By saying you might eat your own fingers, I was inferring that you might go to any lengths.
The pain I experience is very high-frequency sound-pain (imagine several 7-13 KHZ whistles being blasted into your ears 24/7)
It is worse than conventional pain. I've had neural pain and almost crippling sciatica for 8 years and the agony from this
type of tinnitus is worse. I'm not bad with pain. I used to do a ton of endurance training. Believe me I know how to befriend pain
but there is no script for this type of virtual pain. I cannot rest in bed without feeling my ears are going to bleed. I sleep only
through exhaustion. I can hardly walk, talk, read, can't watch TV or listen music which exacerbates condition monumentally,
it's a living death, it's agony writing this, whenever I try to focus/concentrate on anything it screams sharper and louder.
I'm no neurosurgeon and even the top guys in the field are fishing in the dark. If Triputory has had some luck with CBD,
I trust him, also I know that it has relevant anxiolitic properties not terribly open to abuse. Man, Ive hardly ever taken an aspirin.
My doctor can't help me. If Triputory can get in touch or if anyone can let him know I'm waiting on him, please call him for me.
I appreciate the humor Hammilton, there's no way you could have known about the severity of my condition.

Hi TriputoryHeadicine, just in case there's a problem with my inbox
I'll put my email on this post

[email protected]

I'll probably get spammed by everyone on the planet but I need to get in touch with you
Thanks

I've seen the debilitating nature of hyperacusis.

Does smoking shit weed help you? That'd be a hell of a lot easier than trying to find pure cannabidiol.

Thanks for understanding Hammilton. My problem is I've never even smoked a cigarette, let alone weed. Don't even drink.
I just thought I'd try a small sample cannabidiol having read so much positive stuff about it.
If you've got any ideas let me know.

Thanks for understanding Hammilton. My problem is I've never even smoked a cigarette, let alone weed. Don't even drink.
I just thought I'd try a small sample cannabidiol having read so much positive stuff about it.
If you've got any ideas let me know.

Marcus i think this study can be interesting for you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23426878

it say that Amantadine (an antiviral drug used as an antiparkinsonian too and for chronic fatigue) successfully suppressed tinnitus on a guy that suffered from it for years, maybe you can ask your doctor to try it for a few days and see if it work ?

As for Afobazole you need to take it for several weeks (5-6 ) at 30mg/day to start feeling it effects, you don't have to cycle it but i can't guarantee that it gonna work for you because it seem that certain individual don't respond to it (or maybe they didn't try it long enough )

You can try Etizolam too it is a thienobenzodiazepine that will not affect your tinnitus negatively unlike Alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam ... but like benzodiazepines you can't take it regularly

also you should reduce you medication usage to the minimum because aLOT of them are ototoxic even when you don't see it on medications insert

also ALL antidepressants are ototoxic (all of them have tinnitus as a side effect and alot of them can give hearing loss ), if you start taking a medication and you start noticing an increase in tinnitus just stop it because it's probably not your anxiety (i see alot of people start taking ototoxic medications and then think that the increased tinnitus that they are experiencing is probably due to their anxiety while it's the medication that they are taking that is damaging their ears ! )

you should seriously buy this book http://www.amazon.com/Ototoxic-Drugs-Exposed-3rd-Edition/dp/1935939009/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365456297&sr=8-1&keywords=ototoxic+drugs+exposed
it has alot of good advices and a BIG list of ototoxic substances ( Medications, Herbs, Chemicals)

Hope i helped

Edit:

Cannabidiol can probably help you for your Pain, anxiety etc.. but the problem is that if you don't live in USA sourcing it would be very difficult,
so the oonly option left is to grow a high CBD species (cbd crew, juanita la lagrimosa ..) and then extracting the cbd from the plant

Last edited:
also ALL antidepressants are ototoxic

do you have any evidence at all to back that up? "antidepressants" covers a fairly wide variety of different chemicals.

try Etizolam too it is a thienobenzodiazepine that will not affect your tinnitus negatively unlike Alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam

why? it hits the same targets as alprazolam etc.

do you have any evidence at all to back that up? "antidepressants" covers a fairly wide variety of different chemicals.

guy, I'm tired of repeating myself, all the informations are available in my precedent posts you just have to read,
all the antidepressant are ototoxic, they all have tinnitus as a side effects and i'm talking about ALL antidepressants (SSRI, SNRI , tricyclic, tetracyclic, MAIO....) i have checked them all one by one

My informations come from the Book "ototoxic drugs exposed 3rd edition" which get it sources from the Physicians Desk Reference, the compendium of pharmaceuticals and specialties, the American Health Foundation,the United State Pharmacopeia...

It's doesn't matter if it hit the same targets as alprazolam, different molecules have differents side effects or else they wouldn't be 76987 medications that have the same purpose

for example Risperidone have Hearing Loss, hyperacusis and Tinnitus (out of many others) as a side effects whereas Paliperidone ( Risperidone metabolite) have ONLY Dizziness as side effects (i'm talking about ototoxic side effects )

Flunitrazepam (another benzo) have only ataxia and vertigo as side effects
On the other hand Alprazolam have Hyperacusis, tinnitus, ataxia, dizziness, vertigo as side effects
Clonazepam don't have Tinnitus, hearing loss or hyperacusis but have Ataxia, Dizziness, Nystagamus, and vertigo as side effects

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from taking certain medications but i just want to aware people that these medications can aggravate an existing hearing disorder, there is so little informations about tinnitus out there, people do stupid things and find themselves in a much worse situation
but you are free to fuck up your health, it's your body not mine, i have done my homework and i know what is good and what is not good for my precious ears

now if you want evidence do yourself a favor and spend less in drugs and buy this book you will have all the references you're looking for
if you want to know if a drug is ototoxic or not you can ask me i will scan the page and post it here

Hope i helped

Last edited:
My informations come from the Book "ototoxic drugs exposed 3rd edition" which get it sources from the Physicians Desk Reference, the compendium of pharmaceuticals and specialties, the American Health Foundation,the United State Pharmacopeia...

So, not from original research then. "I am right because I have a book that says so" does not really fly, for obvious reasons.

now if you want evidence do yourself a favor and spend less in drugs and buy this book you will have all the references you're looking about

How about you point me to some peer reviewed publications that aren't being sold in a cheap paperback format as a collected review, then we can talk more. PubMed is open access. Doesn't cost anything.

If all these drugs are ototoxic - killing cells in the ear and permanently damaging hearing, I would love to see some evidence, other than a single entry in the Big Book Of Everything Bad For Your Ears, by Dr. Whogivesashit. Is it dose related? Is it related to duration of treatment? Are some A/D's more susceptible than others. Is it reversible. What cells are affected? Can coadministration of drugs (i.e. steroids) fix it. What is the underlying mechanism causing this. How come Wikipedia and the prescribing guidelines don't note ototoxicity as a precaution?

Also, just because a drug causes ataxia, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo, blah blah, it does not make it *ototoxic*. For instance, getting shittered on alcohol can make you real dizzy. Does that make it an ototoxin? How about spinning around in an office chair really fast? Some people get vertigo when they ingest THC; is it ototoxic too?

Last edited:
Actually I looked up that book last night and holy Christ it's a poor resource. Dr. Oz wouldn't even cite that thing

So, not from original research then. "I am right because I have a book that says so" does not really fly, for obvious reasons.

How about you point me to some peer reviewed publications that aren't being sold in a cheap paperback format as a collected review, then we can talk more. PubMed is open access. Doesn't cost anything.

If all these drugs are ototoxic - killing cells in the ear and permanently damaging hearing, I would love to see some evidence, other than a single entry in the Big Book Of Everything Bad For Your Ears, by Dr. Whogivesashit. Is it dose related? Is it related to duration of treatment? Are some A/D's more susceptible than others. Is it reversible. What cells are affected? Can coadministration of drugs (i.e. steroids) fix it. What is the underlying mechanism causing this. How come Wikipedia and the prescribing guidelines don't note ototoxicity as a precaution?

Also, just because a drug causes ataxia, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo, blah blah, it does not make it *ototoxic*. For instance, getting shittered on alcohol can make you real dizzy. Does that make it an ototoxin? How about spinning around in an office chair really fast? Some people get vertigo when they ingest THC; is it ototoxic too?

oh god you are really stupid, alcohol is indeed an ototoxic substance http://www.scielo.br/pdf/rboto/v73n1/en_a19v73n1.pdf

from wiki :
Many conditions are associated with dizziness. However, the most common subcategories can be broken down as follows: 40% peripheral vestibular dysfunction, 10% central nervous system lesion, 15% psychiatric disorder, 25% presyncope/dysequilibrium, and 10% nonspecific dizziness
OH yeah wait a susbstance that cause vestibular dysfonction is not ototoxic i'm must be stupid !

a drug that cause ataxia tinnitus dizziness vertigo etc IS OTOTOXIC , seriously you must stop taking drugs! it's not because the damage don't last that the substance is not harmful to your ears !

the doctor " Dr. Whogivesashit" like you call it has just copied all the informations available from the aforementioned health associations, and do you know what ?your Doctor use exactly the same ressources to check for medications side effects Okay ?! but wait Doctor Epsilon Alpha and Doctor sekio are indeed much more educated in this field
Evidence you need evidence ?? seriously ? you must have reading disorder
do you even know what The Physicians Desk Reference, the compendium of pharmaceuticals and specialties, the American Health Foundation,the United State Pharmacopeia... are ? do even know they purpose ?
http://www.pharmacists.ca/index.cfm/function/store/ProductDetail.cfm?ProdCompanyPassed=cpa&ProdCdPassed=cpa-2013E-W&PriceCategPassed=std&indexstart=1

How about spinning around in an office chair really fast?

i'm not even going to respond to this, you obviously don't know how a ear work

Some people get vertigo when they ingest THC; is it ototoxic too?
Oh what a surprise you just discovered that THC is INDEED ototoxic ! ask anyone who have tinnitus, THC worsen their symptoms !
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02993798

Actually I looked up that book last night and holy Christ it's a poor resource. Dr. Oz wouldn't even cite that thing

oh really ?

lol i have just remembered that i'm posting on a junkie forum where people inject their own piss in their vein to get the remaining heroine or meth therefore discussing health with you is like discussing hmmm evolution with an religious extremist ? lol

listen i really don't give a flying fuck anymore i think i have done my work and shared with the community the fruits of my research, i warned people, everyone is free to fuck his health know, at the end of the day i know that i can sleep peacefully because my tinnitus is 99% gone

Peace :) and i'm sorry for all the aggressivity in this post

So every drug ever invented is ototoxic.* Thanks for your excellent input.

The CPS, PDR etc are not primary sources.

Last edited:
Everyone just take a step back here.

hadora, my comment stems from the fact that I cannot see any information regarding primary literature from that book and its written with a very anti-drug bias (also, Dr. Neil's Ph.D is in ancient astronomy which was a little weird to find out). We at ADD are journal junkies who also pick apart studies for fun/a living. Also, there is an issue claiming that "amazing claim XYZ" is located solely in these un-accessable or hard copy only sources. You've been pretty good with linking some studies, but when the best I can find after 15 minutes of searching is a single line on drugs.com there are some questions that should be raised. http://www.drugs.com/sfx/gabapentin-side-effects.html

sekio, yeah its annoying as hell but so long as he sources his claims without going full homeopath its still educational.

Also, ototoxicity seems to be like SJS its that one uber-rare side effect freaking everything has.