• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Klonopin vs. Xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey.s27

Greenlighter
I was given a script of 2mg kolonpin. I was wondering what the difference was between those and Xanax. Are they better than Xanax and what does one kolonpin equal to as far as Xanax. *snip - sorry, no price discussion* Thanks for any answers I might get

Clonazepam is equal in potency to alprazolam (Xanax). However, Xanax is much shorter-acting than Klonopin, which can last over 24 hours.

We don't allow price discussion on this site.

My bad about the price discussion. Thank you for your answer. I will b sure not to ask questions like that in the future

Xanax and klonopin are equal in potency by weight. 1mg klonopin equals 1mg xanax.

Xanax is more short acting, packs a smaller punch, mainly just for anxiety. I find xanax is kind of bland.

Klonopin has nice muscle relaxant properties, along with anticonvulsant properties and anxiolysis .

They both have there plusses , xanax is better for prn anxiety attacks because it kicks in quick, but klonopin is better for overall anxiety because it lasts longer. Personally, I like klonopin better, it lasts longer and has nice anticonvulsant properties, but that doesnt mean it is better than xanax. It really comes down to a matter of opinion.

Personally I find that xanax packs much more of a "punch" than kpins. Xanax just kicks in fast and hard for me. Kpins do an excellent job of keeping anxiety at bay, but the "come up" is much slower, but at the same time the effects of kpin last much longer, even if they arent as obviously noticeable as xanax. Everyone has different body chemistry, therefore different people have different experiences with the same meds.

I personally like Xanax more. Like said, kicks in faster and the effects of X are stronger for me than Klonopins. But I need to take more xanax than klonopin to keep the anxiety away longer. I use around 1-2mg of xanax daily. Not all at once though. I feel like I have to wait forever for klonopin to work. But I know people who dont like the effects of xanax compared to other benzos, so It is different for everyone.

Funny I was going to post this identical thread so thanks Casey for getting to it first! Xanax hasn't been doing much for me lately except knocking me on my ass for the night. Which is fine if I get one of my fancy panic attacks at 9pm but not so great if something sets me off in the middle of the day while I am at work. >.> I only take 1mg of the damn stuff. I thought perhaps Klonopin might be a better option for me but now I am not sure. I have a meds review Tuesday to discuss with my therapist but I thought I'd like to go in with as much info under my belt as possible. I don't want to accidentally talk myself out of a Xanax scrip if its really going to be the best thing for me in the long run. I am brand spanking new (like a week old) to benzos so that may also be the issue.

As far an anxiolytic effects, 1mg=1mg but as far as recreational effects are concerned i'd say xanax might be a little more potent. The klonopin seems to last 3 times as long as xanax so it's better for anxiety and insomnia imo.

I am brand spanking new (like a week old) to benzos so that may also be the issue.

This would be your issue IMO. For me at least as tolerance to benzos built the sedating effects went away, but they still retained their ability to help my anxiety.

Just bear in mind these are not medications you want to be on long term unless you have already explored the other treatment options. That said I do honestly believe a handful of people can benefit from long term responsible benzo use.

This would be your issue IMO. For me at least as tolerance to benzos built the sedating effects went away, but they still retained their ability to help my anxiety.

Just bear in mind these are not medications you want to be on long term unless you have already explored the other treatment options. That said I do honestly believe a handful of people can benefit from long term responsible benzo use.

Agreed. I would personally not like to take any substance that has a tendency to build up a physical tolerance and dependency and of course addiction liability although I am quite confident I am not going to end up addicted to benzos. I'd say I have moderate anxiety but severe muscle spasms from a spine disease, I've been on benzos for 3.5 years, I figured by now I would either be off them or one of those people on like 6mg of Xanax a day...however I only take 0.5 to 1.5mg's at night and the past week I actually completely forgot to refill my prescription and was only take 0.25mg every other day really until I ended up with some light withdrawal in the form of some not so pleasant muscle spasms...luckily I have some Xanax...since I don't really get panic attacks and my anxiety is mostly in the form of insomnia and muscle tension I'd say I prefer the longer acting Klonopin...Klonopin is like the Methadone of benzos! I find that if I take 0.5mg of Klonopin everyday for a week I don't really need to take anymore and often cut that in half...as for effects...my first benzo was Xanax...I slept like a baby but over time benzos have sort of ruined my sleep structure, your quality of sleep gets ruined but if you can't sleep to begin with then it doesn't really matter. Xanax hits me harder and I can sleep well while Klonopin relaxes me more subtly, Xanax is wayyy to short acting...rather not have to take anymore pills all day. I'd say benzos can be taken responsibly, I don't think I'll have much trouble getting off it but I imagine someone with a more addictive personality or more anxiety might just keep gobbling Xanax bars...however I use medications to improve my quality of life and not to just get smashed, I think you have to look at yourself and ask yourself whether you have a certain type of behavior, its not something a doctor can say for sure and I really get pissed when doctors scare legitimate patients in say pain management who have severe injuries and pain and get them more worried about addiction than being able to get out of bed and live a life. Just some thoughts.....

I'm going to have to disagree with most equivalency charts.

IMO ---> 0.5 Xanax = 1mg of Klonopin, in terms of anxiolytic effects.

I was recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin. I received 60x 0.5mg Xanax before the switch. It was effective, it worked for anxiety great as it comes on fast and hits hard, but I just don't like how bland it feels. I also experience no muscle relaxation from it which I would really enjoy.

Klonopin on the other hand looked better on paper, so I happy about the switch. I only received 30x 0.5 of Klonopin, instead of twice the amount in my Xanax script. I even talked to the doctor about them being equally potent, but he didn't right the last script and probably felt 30 pills were better for starting a new benzo. Well I ran out in 15 days vs the 30 days it's supposed to last. Really sucks.

I've come to some conclusions though. While the longer high life is a good, along with the good muscle relaxing properties, it's anxiolytic effect FOR ME is no very strong. I found myself taking way more than the recommend daily dosage to become anxiety free, as needed.

I was given a script of 2mg kolonpin. I was wondering what the difference was between those and Xanax. Are they better than Xanax and what does one kolonpin equal to as far as Xanax. *snip - sorry, no price discussion* Thanks for any answers I might get
For me Xanax wins hands down.

With little - no tolerance a few mg would work well. Whereas Clonazepam would have me eating ten times the amount for little - no effect.

Depends how throwed off u tryin get.

First & foremost, everybody reacts diff. But as far as im concerned, K-pins win hands down. Xanax is way too much way to quick. I like to remember, the night before. It also makes me sloppy & gives me an insatiable urge to go steal shit.....random as fuck, i kno. Needless to say, I dont like the bars.

Xanax: Hits you fast and hard, doesn't last long, fucks your memory, kills all inhibitions

Klonopin: Takes longer to kick in, lasts 3-4 times as long as Xanax, relaxes your muscles, you'll likely remember what you did while under the influence of it....

Kpins for the win.

For me Xanax wins hands down.

With little - no tolerance a few mg would work well. Whereas Clonazepam would have me eating ten times the amount for little - no effect.

First & foremost, everybody reacts diff. But as far as im concerned, K-pins win hands down. Xanax is way too much way to quick. I like to remember, the night before. It also makes me sloppy & gives me an insatiable urge to go steal shit.....random as fuck, i kno. Needless to say, I dont like the bars.
I feel some competition =D
Xanax: Hits you fast and hard, doesn't last long, fucks your memory, kills all inhibitions

Klonopin: Takes longer to kick in, lasts 3-4 times as long as Xanax, relaxes your muscles, you'll likely remember what you did while under the influence of it....

Kpins for the win.
You hit the nail on the head.

For some of us I believe Clonazepam is just too subtle to enjoy.

k-pin is a long acting benzo, where Xanax is short acting used for sudden panic attack. careful with the k-pins they will creep up on you if you keep popping them, they take a while to kick in.

yeah it depends... I like to wake up and 1-2 mg of kpin then at night when I'm about o go out take .5 Xanax when I leave and another .5 Xanax about an hour later. throw a 6 pack of your favorite beer and a good joint to smoke and you got soused a chill ass night.

overall though of it came down to a free 1mg kpin or a 1 mg Xanax I'd take the kpin allllll day everyday

a lot of people in my area who go to the MMT clinics are total zombies hooked on benzos. They all Love Xanax, and i really feel a 2mg Xanax bar is = strong as a white 2mg kpin, I think konopin is more potent(of course they think klonopin is 20x weaker LOL), I feel if someone had an 8mg a day Xanax habit, I feel even 6mg of klonopin well leave Xanax users who are used to 8mg Xanax switch to 6mg kpin and comfortable and virtually no issues. Whenever I take Xanax, it kicks in fast, gives me that extra kick and feels a slight more goofier buzz, however it wears off as fast as it kicked in. within 2hrs you are to craving to redose, and left irritable, more anxious when before even done. with kpin effects r felt within 40mins, it is a nice smooth calm buzz like Xanax(duration of up to 12hrs), I think the initial and onset is more euphoric than Xanax, the only PRO over Xanax is the immediate relief and how it spikes the potentiation of opiates SO FAST. klonopin is more potent, superior, and has better qualities

Sorry guys, but I DONT find Xanax (or other benzos) to be recreational. I take 1mg to 1.25mg of Xanax a day and they just knock me out. Makes me drowsy. Its sort of like being on antihistamines. Xanax might be useful for panic attacks, but its NOT recreational at all.

xanax makes my anxiety much more tolerable especially when i'm having a panic attack but it takes 45min to kick in for me as does klonopin... klonopin lasts longer but if i take 4mg of xanax i'm much more relaxed than if i take 4 mg of klonopin for me 8mg of klonopin is close as relaxing as 4mg of xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.