Bluelight

Thread: Mixing oxycodone and clonazepam?

1. Collapse Details
    Mixing oxycodone and clonazepam? 
    Capsule
    Swim wanted to mix .25 mg of klonopin and 10 mg of oxycodone...safe?

i am new and didnt know how to ask a question or start a new post but is mixing 10 mg of oxy and .25 mg of klonopin safe?

i am new and was wondering if mixing 10 mg of oxy and .25 of klonopin is safe?
    Last edited by bronson; 22-01-2013 at 18:03. Reason: post merge

2. Collapse Details

Rule of thumb is split the doses you usually take of each drug in half. Seeing as the doses are very low I don't think it would be a problem though.

3. Collapse Details

That depends on your tolerance - how much oxy and clonaz do you take when you do them separately? If you haven't combined them before, it's recommended to do a lower dose of both, as it is a very dangerous combo to overdo.

P.S don't use SWIM.

4. Collapse Details

Hi adevster8, welcome to Bluelight

I made your post into it's own thread for you and merged it with your other post on the same topic. I guess you figured out how to start new threads? Let me know if you need any other help.

As to your question, those are reasonable doses of each drug and should usually be safe for the majority of people, although they could intensify each other's effects and you might be drowsy etc. In general it's not wise to mix opioids and benzos when you don't have a high tolerance but in this case I think the doses are low enough that it should be fine. As nAON said the best idea would be to take lower doses of each than you would take if you were taking them separately though.
    Last edited by Swimmingdancer; 22-01-2013 at 12:45.

5. Collapse Details

God's original prototype, too weird to live, too rare to die.
    Heya, welcome to bluelight! Well - it all depends on your size, make up genetically and tolerance to either drugs. As a rule of thumb mixing opiates and benzos is a very dangerous procedure unless you're tolerant to both of the substances and have experience with them. If you're just starting out - if suggest that you take the oxycodone on its own as clonazepam can dull the high to some extent, and also the possibility that you COULD overdose by taking the two as they are fairly potent central nervous system depressants.

To be honest entirely with you though, the clonazepam dose is relatively low however if you're not tolerant to opiates then the 10mg of oxy could be overwhelming. Could you tell us your experience with either drug before you dose? Or if you're keen to get going I suggest you take either one or the other.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I can see the Southern Cross but I cant see the Big Dipper
    Someone in BL died from this mix

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dre1990 View Post
    Someone in BL died from this mix
    ^Plenty of people die from mixing CNS depressant drugs. But this person is specifically asking about certain doses.

8. Collapse Details

It really depends on your tolerance...I know that these meds are often prescribed together,and can be taken together,but you must know your limits before mixing.Start"SLOW & LOW"is my rule...Slow meaning timing between doses,and low meaning amount you're dosing.

9. Collapse Details

hey thanks guys....i just figured out how to make threads and whatnot.. but ya i was fine. I usually can handle about 40 mils of oxy and 2 mils of klon by themselves i just didn't know how exponentially more potent they would feel together

10. Collapse Details

When mixed together they are very potent. As you can handle 40mg of oxy and 2mg of clonaz on their own, i believe that the dose you first suggested would be fine to do.

11. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Anon/Homeless Forums
    Get familiar with each drug individually before you decide to combine them.

Your tolerance is specific to your neuro/bio-chemistry and can only be determined through trial and error.

Start as low as possible with each drug individually on separate days unil you achieve your desired effects. Once your familair with the drugs singly you can begin to take them in ensemble.

Tread carefully as mixing depressants is a dangerous game.

12. Collapse Details

As stated before, tragically we lost a bluelighter who had taken clonazepam 12 hours before taking his dose of oxycodone and ambien (i know it's not clonazepam, but it's a CNS depressant all the same). The drugs stacked up in his system and ultimately led to his demise.

If you are regularly taking clonazepam, I suggest that you don't mix the two together, or even take oxy on its own.

13. Collapse Details

i am not regularly taking clonazepam but if i took it last night would it interfere with me taking a normal amount of oxy tonight?

14. Collapse Details

How much clonazepam did you dose, and how much time has passed since then? People are going to need to know those factors to offer an educated answer.

~BLUA~ || [ Weekly Photography Contest: Expression || Vote Here ] || ~?s PM me~

15. Collapse Details

I took .25 mg of clonazepam 25 hours ago

I wanted to take a 30 of oxy tonight but don't know if enough time has passed....assuming it was a verrrrry low dose and over a day ago I'm thinking I'm aright
    Last edited by bronson; 23-01-2013 at 16:36. Reason: post merge

16. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Anon/Homeless Forums
    There should be no problem.

17. Collapse Details

^ This, you should be fine.

~BLUA~ || [ Weekly Photography Contest: Expression || Vote Here ] || ~?s PM me~

18. Collapse Details

this is an old post but i kinda upped my tolerance with these drugs. I am on 1 mg of klonopin which i took an hour ago and i feel it slightly. I can usually take .3-.4 of h in a night without any problems which translates to about 30-60 mg of oxy. I was wondering how much you guys think of oxy i could take with 1 mg of klonopin? i was gonna start with 10 mg (about a 6th of my normal dose) since i heard they synergize eachother to the extreme

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Be very careful mixing benzos and opiates together.