• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Vent/Rant Thread vs 3 (Triggering Content)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i went to a chili cook off today which should have been fun but it was really overcrowded and then i got hot and thirsty and couldnt immediately find water so i had a lil panic attatck and cried in a bathroom stall.... my anxiety has been hard to control lately

also i seriously feel so damn inferior to other girls they are so pretty and i used to be kinda hot!!! even the other preggo girls still look way too good in bikinis.... i am the only one that has gained an extra 20 lbs on top of my preggo weight and my skin looks like a pizza!

:( Sounds like a total bummer of a day. I don't know what its like to be going through what you are right now, but I'm very encouraged by your strength (shone here by your posts) so please keep going, enduring the process, its all gonna be so worth it!

Tacky don't worry I gained a lot weight during my pregnancy and since I'm short, it showed right away. Was it you that said they are testing you for gestational diabetes? (Sorry if I have the wrong person.) My face broke out in the beginning but my doctor said not to use the retin-a that I had. It cleared up on it's own. Don't worry about little panic attacks- practice deep breathing like in Lamaze class. If it's troublesome, get your pressure checked. Let us know how your next appointment goes.

^ i did get checked for gestational diabetes and i passed the 3 hour test thank god! (although it involves 3 blood draws in 3 hours and now my arm is all bruised - it looks like i just went on a bender)

That is hardcore.

My Rant I'm just worn out by these modern times with the economy and the state the worlds in. On a more personal level im exhausted trying to manage ADD, anxiety, near constant self-criticism and self-evalutation, and an inability to feel relaxed, content, and happy. Heres to sacrficing today for a better tommorow! hooray.

Come on dude dont get wound up on that, the whole world is just one big ironic joke. Laugh at it :D

As bad as I've gotten with dope, my friend is just out of control. He does shady shit all the time now. I can barely stand him anymore. He only cares about dope at this point. It's getting harder and harder to trust him with anything.

Nothing seems to get through to him though. He makes no effort to cut back or to try to get clean at all. Except all he does is bitch about his tolerance being too high or the bags aren't good enough or his nose is too stuffed up to sniff anything. All stuff that would be going better if he took a break for a bit.

Just sort of venting. Not looking for a reply or anything.

Sounds like a friend I have who is intensely in love with crystal meth.
Sad.

I need to find another job, I know I just found one but I also need one that starts sooner... I'm so broke right now and seriously have like no money. I pay about 900 a month for rent and I'm just scraping by... I don't even own an actual bed right now and have been sleeping on an air mattress since august. I need a bed so bad, but I need to save my money for food. I barely have enough to get that and my mother really doesn't either. I just keep getting stupid ideas about how to get some money... however I don't want to go back to old ways. Nor, do I want to go to jail. Ugh....

So I guess I will send my father a message... I really hate talking to him and I don't want to look like I need him.

I fucking hate benzo withdrawals, I'm sick of constantly feeling physically sick and nauseous from anxiety. I'm still stuck in the past, constantly thinking about December when I tried to OD. I wish my life had ended then, I just fucked it up more and sent my self into drug induced madness.

Last edited:
I'm angry at myself right now. I regret so much stuff.

It seems like one of the most painful things about changing a deep seated bad habit, unhealthy behavior or inadequate way of thinking is that as times passes the "new" you start to realize the full extent of your gigantic stupidity. You realize that you've been WRONG and you've been an asshole, a total moron, for years and years.

I'm angry at myself right now. I regret so much stuff.

It seems like one of the most painful things about changing a deep seated bad habit, unhealthy behavior or inadequate way of thinking is that as times passes the "new" you start to realize the full extent of your gigantic stupidity. You realize that you've been WRONG and you've been an asshole, a total moron, for years and years.

I went through this frustration yesterday. Talked to some member here from bluelight the rest of the night and it made me remember I had tons of fun still during this bad habit of mine. It was of course not worth it, but it has happened, is in the past and being angry/sad and dissappointed about it won't change anything. It will just make you miserable. If you can, find some moments to laugh at, even if they are stupid and you regret them. I try to look back at the good times that was, before it all went to hell.

Misery loves company, don't invite it. It will do you no good, what's in the past is past. You need to look forward, don't spend months and months dwelling in past misery. It's over now, right? Look forward, tell yourself you will not allow it to get worse because you've suffered misery enough. You do not need it, you don't want it, it will consume you if you let it.

You can choose to ignore it. It takes alot of willpower but it is possible. Best tips I can give when misery is creeping up on you is to do whatever that isn't the same as what you are doing at the time it happens. If you can't find anything meaningful in life at the moment, at least fill it with something pointless but time consuming. It is better than being alone with misery.

Toz is not always good at following his own advice so here it goes, rant: I feel like I'm losing control of myself. It's not good. Maybe I already lost it sort of. Feel like I am divided as in wanting to move forward but not being able to let go completely of my old self. Right now at least it feels like two steps forward one step back.

People always seemed to call me when they were sad, many of my friends called me with their problems, I don't know why they found me that comforting. However I could no longer handle everyone elses problems on top of my shoulders when the monkey on my back had turned into a real gorilla. I just shut down after I went CT from all drugs. Locked myself in my room, turned off my phone, and made the world go away. This was a bad tactic, as I just locked myself in with misery. Now I find I would need someone to talk to, but I have none really. It never mattered to me before, I'm not usually the guy to open up to people. I can talk to others about them and their problems but when it comes to myself, I can not get the words out of my mouth. I feel like I don't want to lay my problems on other people, especially since people always used to come to me with theirs. They don't need to hear my problems too if I can remember correctly they have enough of their own.

And it's hard to contact people again since I basically just went missing from everyone for such a long time, don't know what to say. "hey how have you been" "laying in bed in pain wishing the whole world would go away" I feel like it's a bit of an crappy introduction after not seeing each other for over half a year or more. Don't want just want to call people I knew from the past and start laying my problems on them, it seems wrong.

But I do need someone to talk to, being alone with my thoughts is too much sometimes, yesterday night it was.

Treat others the way you want to be treated they say. We need to flip this around for the dark side and tell ourselves: Treat yourself the way you treat others. (past actions not included here) Most people here seem to be helpfull toward each other, but less so against themselves.

Last edited:
WTF will I ever not randomly crave opiates? 5 hours back I got my first real craving in weeks and its all I've thought about since. I even got out a flash light and peeked behind shit for dropped/forgotten pills.

The madness never ends.

WTF will I ever not randomly crave opiates? 5 hours back I got my first real craving in weeks and its all I've thought about since. I even got out a flash light and peeked behind shit for dropped/forgotten pills.

The madness never ends.

Toz lacks words of wisdom to offer in this department unfortunately. I did heroin for the last time about 6 years ago. Yet it is still in my mind constantly. Only reminding yourself of why it's not worth it is what I can recommend. To eradicate the thought has seemed an impossible task to me. I have done as you wrote searched every corner for pills many times because I am extremely forgetfull and disorganized so I often find things. If you do opiates occasional, even just every other week, you will always crave them. The only way is to stop for a long time, but even then I've not made the problems go away, just seem more distant. Getting rid of king kong on my shoulder has not worked. But he isn't as big as he used to be.

edit: removed rant from the how are you in one word thread, appearently one word is too hard for me so here you go, the rest of the 71 words is here:

Not too good: I could use someone to talk to and all would be so much better, but there is no one. I feel bad, so I will try to see the positive things instead as always, Let's flip misery on it's back like a helpless turtle.

Ok what really sucks: Haven't slept, feeling old problems returning, was sad and cried, feel alone

Ok let's try to think of it differently: Haven't slept, ok but at least I never woke up with additional pain like I usually do and that's nice. Old problems: Well, they are not gone yet I can expect to fight it alot more, however it has not gone too far and is easily reversable at this moment. Sad and crying isn't always bad, at least it will not build up as rage instead now making me lash out sooner or later, it felt relieving. Feeling alone: Well, hatrixhere on bluelight spent the entire night talking to me, so at least I was distracted and not thinking of crap, actually instead I remembered I had alot of fun during the times I regret even. Not that this made it worthwile, but it is in the past and finding something positive in it while remembering it does not outweigh the negative, isn't a bad thing.

The weather is nice today. I am not homeless like my ex girlfriend, that must be hard during winter. I thought about her yesterday, I hope she is ok. Never hurts to remind myself of that things could always be worse.

Hope you all can find something to be happy about today. If not, today won't last forever. Keep on going <3

Last edited:
I've been not sleeping for coming up on 5 days now. Sure, I've had a few hours here and there, and I try to lay down and rest but I have put myself under a huge mountain.

This quarter was my first paid for by financial aid (my parents, who perhaps very wisely don't support me, make too much $). I was SO jazzed to finally get started on my education again. This week I've let myself fall so far behind. Whatever, this past two weeks. Or longer, Im not sure. I need to go to class. Im embarrassed to go back because it's been... yea two weeks.... and I OBVIOUSLY look like I need to sleep. Near the beginning of the quarter I contacted my instructor when I started missing classes, I apologized and told her I was working through my shit. Which was true, the problem is I stopped.

I don't really have friends, but sometimes I feel like I do. I'll meet up with coworkers for beer or something and then I become the listener/absorber. I mean, that's great they feel they can talk to me...but I need some talk time too, maybe without instantly wandering eyes and conversational interjections to other people.

I heard through the grapevine that someone else I work with is having some serious issues with depression. And what do I want to do? Find out how I can be there to listen.

Im thinking about going to an NA meeting shortly...I've been meaning to for a couple months. Ha. I should be going to class. I should be doing homework. I usually end up doing none of these things. I suppose action creates more action.

Im very lost. I am trying to convince myself to commit to quitting meth. I have so many justifications and fears and I tried for about 4 days...the fact that I "tried for 4 days" is scary to me. The fact that I've had more days on than off over the past 4 months is terrifying. I'm trying not to hate myself but it seems like I either get guilty or get high. Slash get guilty then get high so I can't feel it. Shit. It barely counts as "high " anyway.

I have also been awake as long as you, though on the regular european crap sulphate. What frustrates me is, it was 3 years ago since I did speed. I have used it alot before buy always grow tired of it and it feels like much more of a hassle than it is fun. However, tonight when it's all gone, being sober tomorrow feels unbearable. I usually am tired of it by this time and want to be sober. Now I just want to continue.

Why!?

I feel like you, in the sense that I need to talk to someone too, and I mean talk when sober. And with someone I trust/like, the problem is that someone does not exist. Or well, I have friends, it's just that I am so used to so many of them laying all their problems on me in the past, I find myself confused as to who I can speak to. I've heard everyones problems, no one hears mine. I just can't open up to people, I can't to them about themselves but when asked how I feel I have not given an honest answer in years.

I don't know how to help myself. I felt better yesterday and for most of today and then I just went back to hating myself, hurting myself, everything. I've literally tried every way to help myself and try to get out of this, and nothing works. I'm just out of ideas.

i'm tired of being tired. i wish that when i went to sleep tonight i would wake up in the morning and feel refreshed.

Fuck life, I hate it all. I visited my parents some days ago when high and I get the comment I always get when high, that it's nice to see I look better and that I am easy to talk to for once. Why should I be sober? No one likes me sober, all I do is complain and hate everything and everyone. I always get these comments and it always makes everything seem more and more pointless. Didn't help now either my dad called, totally fucking pissed, I couldn't hear what he said so I went over and he had fell as I thought. He has MS and can't walk otherwise, alcohol doesn't help. Mom screaming how she was gonna leave him if he drank one more time. I kept trying to help she kept screaming while I did untill I got so fucking angry I smashed my hand through the glass of a painting and screamed "yea cause I really need to hear this right now, I won't stand it shut the fuck up so I can help dad and leave you two to your own problems and so I can be with mine" dad kept laughing. Fucking madhouse (this is not the first time this happens)

Fuck my family and fuck my life.

Fuck my anger issues.

Now my hand is cut up too.

This helped with nothing.

Everyone just wallows around in misery it seems to me, what's the point of it all? I get so tired.

Edit; I need to calm down, I need to avoid my parents, we cause each other nothing but misery. I can't stand the damn anger,I can't stand them usually either, I guess it's because I won't allow myself to be sad, I get angry instead...

Now I have the cravings from hell, I just want to end the pain, have some strong opiates. Don't want to feel anything anymore. Just forget about it all for a while.

mom appologized, that's something I did not see happening, was surprised and told her I was sorry for the painting and would pay for it. She never appologized about anything ever to me I think...

Last edited:
I don't know how to help myself. I felt better yesterday and for most of today and then I just went back to hating myself, hurting myself, everything. I've literally tried every way to help myself and try to get out of this, and nothing works. I'm just out of ideas.

Have you tried getting a therapist? If you already see one, forgive me for not remembering.

Do you get daily exercise?

Are you eating enough? This is very important; I've seen what people are like just hours into being very hungry, and days into being very hungry. Being hungry is something that is for sure going to make you feel just awful. Make sure you eat enough. I'd say about 3 meals a day is ideal, although it's going to depend on the person.

Do you have friends you can talk to when things get rough? I've had friends who have saved my life multiple times, so I'd really recommend getting to talk to your friends about what's bothering you, no matter how uncomfortable it might make you feel.

Showering and brushing your teeth daily also help you have a good feeling on the inside, as well as cleaning up your apartment. I didn't necessarily believe in the latter until I cleaned up apartment, with the assistance of a close friend, for an entire day. My cat was even much happier when I had gotten the majority of the apartment cleaned up. I myself feel worlds better just having a clean apartment to come home to.

Fuck life, I hate it all. I visited my parents some days ago when high and I get the comment I always get when high, that it's nice to see I look better and that I am easy to talk to for once. Why should I be sober? No one likes me sober, all I do is complain and hate everything and everyone. I always get these comments and it always makes everything seem more and more pointless. Didn't help now either my dad called, totally fucking pissed, I couldn't hear what he said so I went over and he had fell as I thought. He has MS and can't walk otherwise, alcohol doesn't help. Mom screaming how she was gonna leave him if he drank one more time. I kept trying to help she kept screaming while I did untill I got so fucking angry I smashed my hand through the glass of a painting and screamed "yea cause I really need to hear this right now, I won't stand it shut the fuck up so I can help dad and leave you two to your own problems and so I can be with mine" dad kept laughing. Fucking madhouse (this is not the first time this happens)

You don't need to be around your parents when they are going through this. Since your father has MS and is unable to help himself, I would suggest letting the state/social workers know about his condition and how his wife is unwilling to help.

You don't need to subject yourself to someone yelling constantly; you don't deserve it. Try to figure out something else for yourself so you don't have to be around people who are going to be yelling/screaming. When this happens, your body fills up full of catecholamines and this is going to cause you to feel bad, anxious, fight/flight response, etc. You should especially go out of your away to avoid upset people for this reason in itself.

My existence has a tone of disgust to it. Not always actively felt, but it is a part of me and my mind. I have had enough.
It doesn't matter whether I'm in my room or with other people, silent or expressing myself, reaching out or isolating,
it is my inherent state of mind that is the problem. My state of being.

When I think of all of I've had enough of, I make the juxtaposition of love, meaning, passion, care, desire, inspiration, things I need more of.
It seems an infinite distance away. I am in a different place to others. I am very disconnected, and disjointed.
It's been too long since I wanted to have this time that I'm wasting.

a couple weeks ago when i mentioned to my mother that i was feeling suicidal, her first response was "i can't afford a funeral"

Status
Not open for further replies.