• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can you use Crystal Meth to treat ADHD/How do you know your hooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely can be a substitute in moderately low doses my neighbor has adhd takes adderal sold all his pills hit my ice he was finely medicated

Would you get some random dose of probably doxycycline with some baking soda msm questionable trace additives and made by some random guy who either is following something he printed off the web or working for some unregulated criminal organization possibly in some random impoverished country in rusty iron 55 gal barrels for a bacterial infection?

Do you think anything could actually survive in an environment of methamphetamine besides Prions maybe?

^not completely answering your question, but
http://mbioblog.asm.org/mbiosphere/...egative-effects-of-meth-on-wound-healing.html
From the bacterial side, they observed that in vitro treatment of the S. aureus bacteria had no effect on bacterial growth, but that meth treatment did enhance biofilm formation. “Biofilm is present in only 6% of acute wounds but over 90% of chronic wounds,” he explains. By exposing the bacteria to the drug, “we found that meth enhances biofilm formation by multiple clinical S. aureus strains.” Biofilms are notoriously hard to treat, because an extracellular matrix that surrounds the bacterial community. This not only makes it harder for the immune cells to access the bacterial cells inside the biofilm, but also is harder to penetrate with antibacterial molecules such as antibodies and antibiotics.

^not completely answering your question, but
http://mbioblog.asm.org/mbiosphere/...egative-effects-of-meth-on-wound-healing.html
From the bacterial side, they observed that in vitro treatment of the S. aureus bacteria had no effect on bacterial growth, but that meth treatment did enhance biofilm formation. “Biofilm is present in only 6% of acute wounds but over 90% of chronic wounds,” he explains. By exposing the bacteria to the drug, “we found that meth enhances biofilm formation by multiple clinical S. aureus strains.” Biofilms are notoriously hard to treat, because an extracellular matrix that surrounds the bacterial community. This not only makes it harder for the immune cells to access the bacterial cells inside the biofilm, but also is harder to penetrate with antibacterial molecules such as antibodies and antibiotics.

I couldn't find any sources on the webpage you are quoting ^here^. It's not that I don't believe methamphetamine is bad for your body, I just like to see sources to back up what I'm reading and what I already believe to be true.

Do you know where I could find the info on the studies performed that resulted in the conclusion that meth enhances biofilm formation in acute and chronic wounds?

I take dextroamphetamine but I'm not even against methamphetamine being a possible substitute at low doses. I just don't think desoxyn is comparable to the average street meth. Sure there is going to be exceptions of people with alot of chemistry knowledge who can purify it test it but I don't think for the typical person there is sufficient evidence to prove what they have what it doesn't contain and that it was made under reasonable condition. Medication should have a overwhelming proof it is produced to deliver a safe pure product. Of course, that's easy for me to say I have health insurance.

I think a easy way to answer this is to put it as a practice to someone you care about. If my mother's doctor said I think you have ADHD here is some street meth don't worry it's pure just take a few mg everyday and it's basically Adderall. I would have his head! Therefore, this leads me to believe that under most conditions it is not a equal replacement in safety or I wouldn't have such a strong gut reaction.

I couldn't find any sources on the webpage you are quoting ^here^. It's not that I don't believe methamphetamine is bad for your body, I just like to see sources to back up what I'm reading and what I already believe to be true.

Do you know where I could find the info on the studies performed that resulted in the conclusion that meth enhances biofilm formation in acute and chronic wounds?

http://mbio.asm.org/content/6/6/e01622-15 :)

Perfect!

Damn, I didn't see a single citation on the original webpage you linked to....yet you were able to find the sources for the info instantly! Either I am a complete idiot, or you're amazingly good at searching the web....or both. ha.

But seriously, thanks for giving me the link to the study. Or rather the "Abstract" version. Now I can back up what I say in the future if I ever discuss how meth negatively impacts healing in wounds.

Previous studies have shown that MMP-2 plays crucial roles in METH-induced behavioral sensitization and reward by regulating METH-induced dopamine release and uptake via dopamine transporters in the brain (32)

This is from your link does anyome know anything about mmp 2 interactions with dopamine? I never even heard of it.

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but I'm going to sat it regardless, because the point is SO INCREDIBLY CRUCIAL that it bears repeating.... A million times, if thats what it takes.

While I'm certainly no prude regarding taking drugs, I do believe in being as responsible as possible (that includes being as educated as possible, via research and making sure sources you obtain info from are GOOD, SOLID, ACCURATE, & NON-BIASED*) & I do believe that harm reduction is something to always aim for since even the most well-informed persons practicing the greatest harm-reduction they can aren't immune to death, overdose, permanent damage & etc etc, I will say this:

METH IS TOXIC AS FUCK. Definitely among the most toxic drugs out there, if not the winner of that shitty contest.

If you are having ADD or ADHD t type symptoms, the go-to advice would be to seek out a medical professional qualified to help you.

That being said - & what I'm about to say is not to be confused with advice, as I'm merely stating what *I* would personally do - I'd hop online and do serious and deep research on my symptoms, aiming to find natural solutions, and/or seek the guidance of a holistic practitioner (preferably one with education about the non-holistic medical world, so they are as informed as can be {IOW, so they know when to tell someone to seek medical help from a doctor because holistic measures alone won't cut it}).

I'd also make sure I used a respected, reliable interactions-checker, and that includes checking interactions with ANYTHING, even vitamins and the like.

*you can even call pharmacists, or the "nurse hotline" at a local hospital for advice on interactions, treatment, and to be pointed in the right direction....this is, of course, not a substitute for actually being examined in person by a professional.

Things like Valerian Root are helpful for anxiety, tension, inability to slerp, etc. 5-HTP kicks up serotonin and thugs melatonin function and therefore csn new helpful in improving mood, focus, & sleep (be aware of interactions as anything impacting serotonin can cause a very undesirable and dangerous condition "Serotonin Syndrome" which is NO JOKE).

Magnesium is helpful in relaxing muscles, can make your mood moire relaxed when your body is getting adequate amounts; note that supplements sold are often Magnesium Oxide which is essentially useless, and by drinking about an ounce or two a day of the very inexpensive liquid Magnesium Citrate (sold as a laxative; therefore unless using it specifically for constipation, don't consume moire than an ounce or two daily... drinking half or more of a bottle will cause you to be running to the bathroom all day.), it will be more bioavailable to your body than the rip-off oxide form.

Amino acids are great to look into. And obviously, a healthy diet will work WONDERS on mood, clarity, and focus.. as will adequate and deep sleep on a regular basis.

Stimulants dont encourage good hydration, the diarrhea and lack of hydration combined causes electrolyte imbalances which shouldn't be underestimated when it comes to feeling healthy, and they certainly don't promote good quality sleep.

It's hard not to assume, by the nature of your questions and with all of the other solutions, that you aren't simply looking for an excuse and a green light to abuse crystal meth.

But I promise you, while you may feel INCREDIBLE at first, this does NOT last....amd soon you will find your health, both physical and mental, deteriorating rapidly and frighteningly.

That shit ain't a joke.

Please - stay away from it, for your sake & the sake of those who love and care about you. regular you never leads to anything good.....unless you think slow cancer deaths etc are good.

Please, please, please, just use common sense, listen to your body, take good care of yourself, try to know any food allergies you may have, address those, and watch your physical AND mental health improve "miraculously".

Best of luck to you.

Peace.

Last edited:
So why is Meth better at treating ADHD/ADD? Do you guys feel like the Serotonin stimulation makes it so it makes you focused because /nothing feels like its ever wrong?

I can see why that would help you to be on Desoxyn instead of D amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.