• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine/ hydrocodone equivalent

DXMkid420

Bluelighter
Im wondering since im used to 100mg or extended realese morphine a day (at one time) how much hydrocodone could i take at once? Iv already taken 40mgs an hour ago. Could i go to 60? Maybe 50. I havnt had the morphine for around 3 days.

Anyone? Please lemme know soon guys cuz knowing me ill probably just do it so id really like to know. Iv done alot of heroin and oxycodone but you can never be too safe so i want to know your opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
They are roughly equivalent in strength. However bear in mind two very important things, what you're used to is time release and what you're taking now is not. Also cross tolerance between opiates is not compleat. I think you need to give the initial dose you've done time to set in and see where that has you at. Then and only if need be, titrate up slowly being careful to not overdo. You can always take more later, but once it's taken it's taken.

As per the guidelines please note your thread will be responded to when people have the chance. If there is an actual emergency you shouldn't be posting about it on the internet. If someone's life is in danger, contact Emergency Medical Services.

If you did up the dose and end up in a bad place please follow this advice. I hope all is well and that you will let us know when you are able to do so.

Okay yeah i had a feeling. And i took the time release to no time release into consideration. And im okay man, thanks for the concern. Sorry about the second post opiates tend to make me a bit inpatient. I havnt upped the dose

Just remember that oral morphine bioavailability is very low where as hydrocodone has a pretty high oral bioavailability. Oral hydrocodone for me is much more potent than oral morphine.