• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom vs Oxycodone vs Hydrocodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdth

Greenlighter
Iv decided to compare these three since Kratom can have seducing effects and stimulating effects.

The past year iv been getting into opiates and iv tried just about 3/4 of them soon to be experiencing poppy pod tea for the first time next weekend im pretty pumped for that iv heard good results from the vender. Iv had the most experience with oxycodone and hydrocodone just because they are widely available and produce the greatest effects in my opinion. About a month ago I decided to try Kratom just because it was alot cheaper.

Thai Kratom I bought from a headshop it was way overpriced and I even knew it but waiting in line for 20 minutes I wasnt about to leave the place empty handed. It was in capsule form since iv heard it tastes like shit. The first experience was with 5grams and after 30 minutes I could feel the stimulating effects much like oxycodone. However I wasnt pleased as iv never been with Kratom. It was much like oxycodone with the chattiness and sociability I would lack of normally but it didnt feel like an opiate. What i mean by that is it was as if I still cared what was going on in my life unlike oxycodone or hydrocodone which seems to subtract the problems in my head leaving me with all that good stuff. After a while like 2 hours or so comes the sedation of Kratom. Much like hydrocodone without that warm glow that it gives. My vision seemed a little chopped. I never felt the feeling of melting in my chair with a big ol smile on my face like hydrocodone gives. I cant see the connection between the two that everyone seems to think. Not to say Kratom doesn't give euphoria but it just is not as good as the opiates and I would much rather spend my money on some good hydro. Still better than being sober however and I might buy some for off days if there is no cross-tolerance.

So do you have a question?
If not, I would post this in your blog :)
Or trip reports is a good one too.

Kratom seemed to have lost its touch for me.. At first, I'd be incredibly high from 5-7g. Now, 5-7g leaves me feeling a little bit high with nausea. Still have 40g around so hopefully I'll have better results later.

kratom has its limits, you aren't going to get any better effects out of it now, just enjoy it for what it is. It's not a replacement for oxycodone/hydrocodone but it still has its uses. I didn't even take any today and no withdrawal, there's one advantage to it.

Comparing kratom to oxy and hydro is like comparing heroin to suboxone. All kratom ever seemed to do was take away withdrawls and help slightly with pain. After a 3 weeks or some kratom run cause i had bought a sampler with like 10gram or 5 or 6 different kinds I was taking it everyday. From my research the withdrawl's are supposed to be mild but I was sicker than I had every been it was worse than when I accidently precipitated withdrawls with 4mg of IV suboxone except it lasted about 7 or 8 days. Never again I'll take dope withdrawl over that hell on earth. At once point I shot 60 mgs of morphine just to feel better and be able to sleep for a night. Which by the way was the best morphine rush I ever got cause I also had such great relief. I love them pins and needles.

^were you opiate free before the 3 weeks of kratom? or switching from stonger opiate to kratom?

if it's the latter then it would be expected that you will face a horrible withdrawal once you quit but for opiate naive users or even people like me who just quit them and use kratom occassionally, it is a very mild withdrawal, it's on par with codeine. I've been using kratom for 2-3 years and never had an issue with it.

+headshop kratom is sketchy, there are cheap and fast online vendors.

additional question, i have about 20g of various kratom strains, but they are about 3-4 months old, sealed tight in bags and then in a dark box.
any idea if the powder has lost any potency or if the plant matter is stale? im not sure if thats possible but i imagine if "fresh is better", 3 month old "freshstuff" that i have is sub-par,no?

headshop kratom is maaad sketchy gotta go relaible dealers w good reviews.
that being said, ive foudn that kratom is easy to develop a tolerance to if u do it everyday, but honestly kratom isnt as stimulating for me eitheer way, especially compared to oxy.
Id say its pretty obvious as far as quality of the highs
oxycodone>hydrocodone>kratom.
especially b/c hydrocodone is always with acetominophen, ive never even found it to be close to as nice as oxy.
I wish they would make pure hydrocodone pills to rail, ive only done em orally + CWE.

When I use Kratom, I don't dose less than 20g. But I make the tea so nausea is negated. Believe me, I'd never waste my time with doses LESS than that. But I have very high tolerances to opiates and require that much to get any use out of it (mainly for WD cessation).

I think this is better suited for your blog once you become a Bluelighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.