• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Global Pharma's Generic Oxymorphone ER (opana)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReversiblePulpitis

Bluelighter
*PIC ADDED* Global Pharma's Generic Oxymorphone ER (opana)

see picture some posts below!!

Why have I not seen any threads on bluelight about the new generic that just started shipping on Jan 1? I was anxious to read folks experiences with it, and hopefully see a picture! This is NOT the 7.5 and 15mg generic that's been around for awhile now from Actavis. This is for ALL strengths equivalent to Opana ER's. 5, 10, 20, 30, 40.

The new generic is based off of the original Opana ER formulation. Not even the chlorine tasting half-moon formula, again the ORIGINAL "opana" form.

It is Impax Pharma's generics division known as Global (edit, said 'World' on accident) Pharma.

Granted I don't check bluelight on a regular basis, but I imagined it would've been a hot topic.

I asked my pharmacist, and he looked them up on his computer... he was shocked, but found them to be in stock and otherwise had no idea of their existence. He was a little upset because he said sometime in the near future, insurance claims for Endo's Opana ER will be declined with NO notice, directing him to the fact that they will only be covering the new generic. He said when this happens, he will end up being stuck with $500+ worth of brand name pills he wont be able to sell.

References:
http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=84845
http://www.equities.com/news/headline-story?dt=2013-01-17&val=938153&cat=hcare
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/impax-laboratories-launches-oxymorphone-hydrochloride-130000460.html

Last edited:
Reversible,

First, you have made my day! I haven't seen the old school opana since September, and found just a few this month (but I stress like three days worth). This was my second DOC after I started on OC's.

Also, thanks for the references.

I will tell you this; My "guy" is the Opana man. When they quit making them last Jan., he kept them up until September. When they hit the street, I'll be hopefully some of the first to see them.
When I do, I'll give you a full report.

If anyone has gotten any word on this, I second reversible, give us some info please!

Glad I could make someone's day :) It's made my day/month/year for sure. I used to be Rx'ed them until I went to the patch after the re-form. Believe you me, I'm gonna try to get my PMD to make the switch back.

Damn, you got them regularly until September!? I guess it makes sense, seeing as how pharmacies and warehouses probably had a shit load of it to unload. Im sure folks searched high and low (obviously) to find every last pharmacy that had them or could still order them. Im just shocked though that you were still able to find some THIS month!

The other good news for those who due purchase illicitly, specifically you -- should expect to pay a LOT less than what you have been paying for this original forumula now that it will be ubiquitous again. However it will be more expensive than what folks pay for the TRF bullshit.

I really appreciate you keeping me in mind (PM me if you remember) when you see them. You should tell your "man" to print off those notices -- and arrange for the pharmacies he or his "peeps" deal with to go ahead and demand the generic -- as pharmacists will otherwise have NO idea until insurance starts rejecting claims and redirecting them to the generic.

But in theory, since my pharmacist could see these new beautiful babies available for ORDER from his LOCAL warehouse -- some people COULD already have these.

Yay!

this might be a dumb question but how would u compare opana to oxycodone ir? i gt oxycodone 15mg and oxycontin 20mg from my doc but need to up it something else cuz its not enough... should i ask for opana? can you do a pro/con list of switching for me please ... i only take them orally so the roa diff wouldnt matter to me.. thanks in advance :)

My friend is prescribed the ERs, I let him know about this so thanks for the post OP.

I'll let you know when he refills, he's going to ask to get switched to the generics because of his co-pay begin so expensive. When I see them I'll report back.

Glad I could make someone's day :) It's made my day/month/year for sure. I used to be Rx'ed them until I went to the patch after the re-form. Believe you me, I'm gonna try to get my PMD to make the switch back.

Damn, you got them regularly until September!? I guess it makes sense, seeing as how pharmacies and warehouses probably had a shit load of it to unload. Im sure folks searched high and low (obviously) to find every last pharmacy that had them or could still order them. Im just shocked though that you were still able to find some THIS month!

The other good news for those who due purchase illicitly, specifically you -- should expect to pay a LOT less than what you have been paying for this original forumula now that it will be ubiquitous again. However it will be more expensive than what folks pay for the TRF bullshit.

I really appreciate you keeping me in mind (PM me if you remember) when you see them. You should tell your "man" to print off those notices -- and arrange for the pharmacies he or his "peeps" deal with to go ahead and demand the generic -- as pharmacists will otherwise have NO idea until insurance starts rejecting claims and redirecting them to the generic.

But in theory, since my pharmacist could see these new beautiful babies available for ORDER from his LOCAL warehouse -- some people COULD already have these.

Yay!

I'd say you'll walk into the Dr's office with a glow and a smile soon! And hopefully, walk out with the goods sir!

No shit about getting them until last September and using them 3 days this month. I literally shit my pants when I found out there were 40 to be had; They went in about 4 days, expensive.

I know when the OC's went to the TRF formula, I went to Opana. They weren't bad at the time on price, but jesus, I can't say it, but it's a lot for one pill.

The reason I could snatch them up is my "guy" is about as str8 as they come; He does his thing and does not use; This is a bonus. I know he had enough money when they went to TRF to buy up as many as he could get his hands on. It was just luck this month.

However, this is a double-edged sword...With tax time approaching, I know what happened last year! I went for about a month doing 80-120 mg's a day with a xanax bar or two at the most....After that binge, I went to bed that last night knowing I had sub. The next day, I had to call into work and I took 8 mg's and felt like I had been hit by a semi. Jesus, I bought a 1/2 of a 40 that day, I'll never forget, it didn't do a damn thing. Glad I got off that bus when they went TRF. It probably saved my life, but I kick myself for not finding out about these when Oxycontin was the thing. I had read online about Opana and thought it was bullshit, nothing could beat OC. Fuck, I could've stole those things back in the day on the price, I bet it would've been cheap!

I will definitely keep you in check; In fact, I'll be talking to my guy and I've got your info; He don't use the net much, but he knows I won't bs him...I'm going to go ahead and say he probably knows, he stays on top of the game.

I'm guessing a few weeks and it will be on. Let me know how your situation works out, I envy you if you can get the generics on script...I bow down sir! Nod hard friend!

Lucky

This is 100% official.. They are back! Enjoying one right now

Many thoughts running through my head right now, I will filter out the ones which contain disdain, jealousy, and maybe even a hint of rage. (jk)

Please, please, please be more specific. ROA? Compare your subjective findings to that of your past experiences with Endo's original formula.

And for god's sake, take a picture of one of them for us!!

Which mg?

Many thoughts running through my head right now, I will filter out the ones which contain disdain, jealousy, and maybe even a hint of rage. (jk)

Please, please, please be more specific. ROA? Compare your subjective findings to that of your past experiences with Endo's original formula.

And for god's sake, take a picture of one of them for us!!

Which mg?

What does ROA? Mean?

They are pretty much the same as far as taste and effect.. I got the 40mg They are orange and kind of the shape of the old OC but thicker. They have G 74 on them. I have only done one so far, and it tasted pretty much the same, slightly different. i didn't have a shaver so I had to crush it. I'm not sure if they shave, but they crush easily....

Everything is the same.. It's all good people! Just ask your doctor to dispense as a generic!

As far as a picture... I'll take on my phone n try to send it to myself somehow lol

What does ROA? Mean?

They are pretty much the same as far as taste and effect.. I got the 40mg They are orange and kind of the shape of the old OC but thicker. They have G 74 on them. I have only done one so far, and it tasted pretty much the same, slightly different. i didn't have a shaver so I had to crush it. I'm not sure if they shave, but they crush easily....

Everything is the same.. It's all good people! Just ask your doctor to dispense as a generic!

As far as a picture... I'll take on my phone n try to send it to myself somehow lol

Route of Administration = ROA.
Sounds like nasal?

Well, I love what I hear so far.

As far as the pic goes, in my experience, you simply text the picture to your e-mail address instead of typing in a phone number, works like a charm.

Not sure if a newbie can post attachments/pics or not until a certain # of posts?

EDIT: found pic online, see below, but would still appreciate a more personal image from a prescribee
thanks man! you're a pioneer of a revolution! and to obtain a 40 out of the gate? dang.

oxymorphone-hydrochloride-extended-release.jpg

if this works, i used the imprint you gave me and found this picture at drugs.com

FEAST YOUR EYES PEOPLE!!

Ahh, a few thousand of the origional opana flew up my nose, glad to see em back!

yup thats them even tho they seem a little brighter than that picture in person.. but yea.. THAT'S THEM! ENJOY PEOPLE! The bullshit is over!

Thanks for the update. I'll copy and paste this for everyones convenience from http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=84845

The 5 mg dosage form is a purple, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G71" on one side and blank on the other side.

The 7.5 mg dosage form is a gray, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G75" on one side and blank on the other side.

The 10 mg dosage form is a orange, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G72" on one side and blank on the other side.

The 15 mg dosage form is a white, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G76" on one side and blank on the other side.

The 20 mg dosage form is a green, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G73" on one side and blank on the other side.

The 30 mg dosage form is a brown, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G77" on one side and blank on the other side.

The 40 mg dosage form is a orange, round, film-coated tablets debossed with "G74" on one side and blank on the other side.

The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, xanthan gum, magnesium stearate, polyvinyl alcohol – partially hydrolyzed, macrogol, talc, and titanium dioxide. The 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg tablets contain FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake. In addition, the 5 mg tablets contain FD&C Blue #2 and D&C Red #27. The 20 mg tablets contain D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #1, and FD&C Blue #2. The 30 mg tablets contain Iron Oxide Yellow and Iron Oxide Black. The 40 mg tablets contain D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake.

images courtesy of drugs.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.