⫸STICKY⫷ "I never got my activation email" thread

I hope I'm not repeating anything here, and not totally sure if this even goes in this thread...

However - I registered, got the email (in my spam folder but got it none the less), clicked the link and it said I am now registered with Bluelight. I am attempting to post, but it says I don't have access to do that yet and that my account is on hold until I'm added to the board. Is there a general time period I can expect to wait? I'm not trying to be annoying or impatient, it would just be extremely helpful if I could talk something out as I'm going through some major WD at the moment. Thanks in advance any help is much appreciated!

occasionally, we have to switch on manual user-moderation to slow down a particularly determined trouble-maker and that means all new registrations take a little longer than usual. that's what happened here. you're good to go.

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Thank you! I'm a day late thanking you but thank you just the same :)

I never got an activation email I checked my spam folder and have done it several times

Hi all. Not to beat a dead horse but I registered early this morning (about 20 hours ago) and still have not received any activation/confirmation email. I've tried all suggestions in this thread including requesting the system to resend the activation email, requesting the system to resend even my basic info (username, password) and no joy. I've been consistently checking all areas of my inbox (gmail BTW) including spam and nothing has come in. I did email site admin explaining the situation so maybe that will do the trick. I've even contemplated re-registering with a different username using a yahoo email account but I only want to do that as a last resort. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys. Look forward to being part of the community.

And to compound problems further I don't seem to be able to PM any of the admins...probably due to my account not being activated.

My bad!!! I entered my email incorrectly. Sorry to clog the forum when it was my mistake. Hopefully things will straighten out now. I'll keep you guys posted.

Okay, gmail seems to be the problem. I've tried sending test emails to it and it's not receiving them. I've changed to a yahoo email address, hopefully this helps.

For some reason, I am not getting an activation mail...
When I signed up yesterday, I got two mails from bluelight:
-welcome to bluelight
-New private message at bluelight

Neither of them seem to be the activation email a new user is supposed to get. I tried to request a new activation mail a few times afterwards, but nothing arrived. After 24 hours and no activation mail in my inbox as well as my junk folder, I thought that there might be some issue with my email service, so I created another email, changed it in my settings on BL and requested an activation mail. 5 hours later nothing has arrived.
So, I decided to try with a more common provider and did the same as above with a gmail account...
Well, this did not work either (as of 2-3 hours after activation mail request).
I have checked the junk mail folders on all emails and there is nothing from BL.

I am completely lost on this issue.
I'd highly appreciate any help.

Apparently, I am active indeed. I was able to post without problems even though I never got an activation e-mail.

Hi @sekio could you approve my membership ? I only can post here in the support part.

Hi and hello,

New member trying to get my head around the new member rules, i know most large forums have X number of posts in Y available threads and i understand this.

I did not get an activation mail, so i found the link on these support pages and got another sent to my registered email address, im a patient person - the welcome mail and change of password email cane through instantly, so i was just wondering if there is a delay for the activation mail to come through (and yes and i have indeed checked by spam folder!:p)

Okay now that burning question is out there. Im glad to finally sign up and to eventually add my experiences and comments, ive been following for over a decade which has helped me make some good choices and probably some bad ones too!

Yey post #1

Go Me!

Biggy

There is no email in any of my folders and i keep having them resend and nothing..y

Hi, I tried to register yesterday and never received an activation e-mail. Today I clicked on the re-send link and still nothing. I have a gmail account but there has been nothing in my inbox or my spam folder both times. Not sure why nothing is coming through but if necessary I can use my yahoo account instead.