• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

How many days would I be able to binge before having some physical withdrawal. I can deal with minor rebound anxiety, and mild insomnia, just nothing too much worse than that. I've taken 15mg over the last 2 and a half days, and I'll probably take another 5 tonight. I am completely benzo naive. Any tips? After this binge is done, I don't even plan to do it again as I find no recreational aspects, other than potentiation opiates.

After about 8 weeks of fairly light (2-3mg not every day) use I developed a nasty rebound effect, in the end I substituted etizolam for diazepam (only 2 days) to smooth things out before stopping entirely. I'm on day 9 of no etizolam/benzos and I'm feeling almost back to normal, my symptoms were:

• Headaches
  • Anxiety
  • Palpitations
  • Loss of appetite
  • Fever - Although I've read nothing about this associated withdrawal symptom, I'm confident it was caused by the etizolam.
  • Cognitive disturbances - I particularly noticed a difficulty in remembering words
My symptoms were mild, I had no trouble sleeping, but I really noticed these things. This is my first experience with the consequences of regular etizolam use and I was genuinely surprised at how quickly the withdrawal symptoms developed; I felt like I had barely touched the drug! And how long it has taken for them to fade, esp. considering my use is a very minor case when put into perspective.

I believe it's a truly insidious and dangerously habit-forming substance, much more so than opioids. With opioids, you get high and you know there's going to be eventual consequences. With etizolam, you can easily feel complacent, it's almost devious. I'm not trying to preach against it, just sharing a cautionary tale. I believe I have good self-control but this drug was a challenge.

Last edited:
Well instead of taking the risk of ordering Valium from overseas, I found a domestic supplier of the branded etizolam (Etizest in blisters) and just ordered a bunch.

Hopefully I won't ever need to use it but I figure if I'm out of Valium and having a problem getting it from the doctor, it will work in a pinch.

Never tried it before. Its going to be hard to resist the urge... I've been so miserable with my Valium taper... At 3.75mg twice a day right now down from 10mg twice a day on 9/14/13 when I started the taper.

Last edited:
After about 8 weeks of fairly light (2-3mg not every day) use I developed a nasty rebound effect, in the end I substituted etizolam for diazepam (only 2 days) to smooth things out before stopping entirely. I'm on day 9 of no etizolam/benzos and I'm feeling almost back to normal, my symptoms were:

• Headaches
  • Anxiety
  • Palpitations
  • Loss of appetite
  • Fever - Although I've read nothing about this associated withdrawal symptom, I'm confident it was caused by the etizolam.
  • Cognitive disturbances - I particularly noticed a difficulty in remembering words
My symptoms were mild, I had no trouble sleeping, but I really noticed these things. This is my first experience with the consequences of regular etizolam use and I was genuinely surprised at how quickly the withdrawal symptoms developed; I felt like I had barely touched the drug! And how long it has taken for them to fade, esp. considering my use is a very minor case when put into perspective.

I believe it's a truly insidious and dangerously habit-forming substance, much more so than opioids. With opioids, you get high and you know there's going to be eventual consequences. With etizolam, you can easily feel complacent, it's almost devious. I'm not trying to preach against it, just sharing a cautionary tale. I believe I have good self-control but this drug was a challenge.

It could be that you picked up a viral infection around the same time you quit the etizolam.
Infection would acount for the headache, loss of appetite and (the big clue) fever. It coild even account for the cognitive problems.

The anxiety and palpitations however, prob are from the etizolam.

^ To be honest that sounds exactly like minor etizolam withdrawal. I experienced the same symptoms (plus some). I was taking etizolam at about 2-3x a week, usually 2, for a few months without problem as far as I could tell but after getting a bit cocky and taking on a small stint of 2-4mgs a day for a week during this time I developed a rather nasty mild dependancy (compared to most at least). Never thought I'd become dependant on benzos as my use was for the most part quite tame compared to most, oh well I consider a lesson learned. At least I gained healthy eating habits from this :).

I'm 32 days into minor withdrawal and am still not near 100% (though I feel much better and have had a positive attitude throughout this whole ordeal), I've developed an intolerance to almost all drugs and even foods. It's crazy how much shit is mediated by GABA. Anyways all symptoms listed above I had, even the brutal headaches that just don't let up. As of today my symptoms are above average baseline anxiety levels, mild hypertension/tachycardia, hot skin and the occasional flushing, and all sorts of GI problems like cramps/bloating/food and additive sensitivities. Folks, etizolam is really fucking addictive... be careful! I feel sorry for those who have been on benzos long term, I got off easy...

Last edited:
I've been taking 2-4 mg's daily for 2 years!

As I've got a none event weekend I've decided to conduct an experiment withdrawing cold turkey.

I'm currently on 25 hours and not too bad. Tired, a little groggy, definitely want to take one but nothing I can't handle yet.

When could I expect the peak to be?

It's incredibly hard to say but if I had to guess I would say day 4 or 5 (all the way til week 2-3 in my case, you might wanna prepare yourself for alonger acute and protracted withdrawal phase with you level of use unfortunately). The end of acutes and the beginning of PAWS has been extremely hard to figure out for me as etiz withdrawal comes in constant waves, one day you feel great, the next, ehhh not too much. In all honesty I don't wanna scare you but it sounds like your habit would qualify as a seizure risk, is there no way you can get a hold of some more etizolam or benzos of any nature and perform a taper? Your habit isn't one you should take lightly, for sure. I hope you can manage things cuz your most likely gonna be in for a rough time, I wish you the best of luck my friend. Make sure you keep a positive attitude regardless of how shitty you feel, it makes things a tiny bit easier.

It's incredibly hard to say but if I had to guess I would say day 4 or 5 (all the way til week 2-3 in my case, you might wanna prepare yourself for alonger acute and protracted withdrawal phase with you level of use unfortunately). The end of acutes and the beginning of PAWS has been extremely hard to figure out for me as etiz withdrawal comes in constant waves, one day you feel great, the next, ehhh not too much. In all honesty I don't wanna scare you but it sounds like your habit would qualify as a seizure risk, is there no way you can get a hold of some more etizolam or benzos of any nature and perform a taper? Your habit isn't one you should take lightly, for sure. I hope you can manage things cuz your most likely gonna be in for a rough time, I wish you the best of luck my friend. Make sure you keep a positive attitude regardless of how shitty you feel, it makes things a tiny bit easier.

I have Etizolam to hand just doing a test. Main symptom at the moment is confusion! Short term memory gone to the dogs. Even navigating this forum is proving difficult. Feel a tad distant from reality. Not overly anxious at moment though.

+ 27 hours.

Ahh, the dreaded derealization... not fun. I was pretty detatched as well for a few weeks but thankfully it went away. Almost felt like I was on a mild dose of a dissociative at all times, very much unpleasant. Well it's good that your wanting to know just how big of a hole you've dug yourself in but do be careful, seizures usually come without notice and even with potential consequences.

Well I bailed after 28 hours. Was more worried about seizure risk than anything. Muscles felt tight. Strange feeling that derealization...it came with waves of happiness ...happy to be 'free'!? I have no real incentive to come it at the moment but think I can do with a taper. And at least I know I can do 24 hours in the case of emergencies.

Last edited:
I cant do even 12 hours without my mind fucking with me.
But i've been on benzos for the better part of a decade.. not just this one.

I MUST say though that etizolam helps my anxiety (like other benzos do) PLUS helps depression.
It's just too bad the half-life is so damn short, if I could dose 2mg 2xday and be set, this would be a incredibly helpful tool in my disorders.
BUT the fact I need to dose so often kinda makes it expensive to manage using 8mg/day 4x2mg (Two 1mg Etizest tabs makes my 2mg so almost a whole blister pack a day)
But that equivalence is right with what my average clonazepam dose was when I was RX'd that 4mg/day.

At one point after abusing phenazepam, i had to start a 10mg/day clonazepam taper and got down to 1mg and jumped off at that ACCIDENTALLY and damn was i sick. I then realized I was definitely a lifer to benzos.
Opiates.. easy to beat compared to benzos.

To everyone wanting to get this medicine just because it is available and you wanna get "high" (which it doesn't do for me, only works as it should).
Please second think before playing with fire and only learning after you get burnt and it's too late.
Leave the benzos to those who need it medically. If you want a "high" there are better drugs out there.

-HOOD

^ Do you get visual hallucinations in withdrawal? If so what kind? Idk why but hallucinating from withdrawals is a phenomena I've always found fascinating.Thankfully I didn't but I felt like they weren't too far away, tons of static, floaters, and sensitivity to light. I can't imagine what the could've turned into had I had a habit the size of yours 8(

Auditory hallucinations yeah.
But I have been on antipsychotics just as long as benzos so they probably stopped most of it.
The taper was over a period of just over a year.
The scariest part was when I would get so anxious I would make myself more anxious from my own thoughts.
Was hellish. Lucky for me my Dr i had then was very liberal with rxs so he put me back on 4mg clonazepam day and my tolerance has adjusted to it so no matter what benzo I take I just take equivalent doses to that.
My psych I have now wants me off them but doesn't understand the fact I need them litterally.
Probably because of my drug abuse record, but that shouldn't keep me from getting treatment I need or deserve.
I'm on tons of meds.. schizoaffective disorder blows.

Also let me add that for some reason never have had a seizure (that I remember).

Can any of yall take etizolam during the day and not be falling asleep by 8pm. I love etizolam but it makes me so groggy after about 2 hours...

One positive about etizolam is I haven't noticed any dependence from using just once or twice a week. I think I used 3 days in a row a couple times actually. Been using it at least once a week for the last 2 months except for now since I am out, been maybe 8 days since I last took tiz and feel fine. For comparison, I did this exact same schedule with phenibut but when I used 2-3 days in a row BAM insomnia and weird brain zaps that are hard to explain.

I did this exact same schedule with phenibut but when I used 2-3 days in a row BAM insomnia and weird brain zaps that are hard to explain.

Yeah definately, be careful man. When I was using 2x a week, sometimes 3, with at least 2 days between and week off at least once a month, I kept this up for a few months (maybe 4 or 5) and never had withdrawal, even with weeks off but the second I make a dumb decision to use for a week I'm slammed with withdrawals. I mean that week wouldn't have costed me over a month of withdrawals that are still at about 30% when I first started so it seems to sneak up on you.

Edit: I made a typo, there was always a two day break between doses. IMO 1 day between doses is way top risky and will eventually catch up to you.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does sneak up on you. I'm glad I don't know anyone at the moment with "better" benzos as I feel etizolam is easier for me to control maybe because I don't like the tired feeling some days. Just my observation though as everyone is different, etizolam isn't harmless.

That also reminds me that I did that with phenibut...say I took it twice a week but it was hardly ever consecutive days. It was always one day on maybe one or two off then one on. I've been using etizolam the same amount of times weekly but have always done like a friday/saturday combo and then stopped until the next weekend. It was either just one day or two consecutive days. Not sure if that matters, I am stoned.