• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

Been taking etiz for over a year. After all this time I'm beginning to enter the dependent stage. I've been able to take regular etiz breaks over this time but the forthcoming break I'm starting to worry about. This means it's time to stop for a lot longer than I normally do...probably a good few months. You have to start low, stay low, and if you start to take etiz every day - STOP! *as soon as you start to take it every day, for more than 3 days STOP!!* That's my wise advice.

So they came in today, took 1mg...So far so good, Hopefully I will be cool with another 1-2mg at night.
I have to be honest with myself here, I ordered way too many to taper off...20-30 would have been enough for me; oh well....

Good luck to all those trying to kick etiz, especially those with hefty habits (HOOD, I'm glaring at you ;)). You guys have got my sympathy... On a brighter note I'm more than glad to say that I'm just about out of etiz withdrawal! Feeling great this past week, forgot what it feels like to not be a sweaty, scared, trembly mess everytime I leave the house as well as not having a fucking panic attack everytime I hear a door open or close :\. I can also eat normal foods again, no more chicken and rice for every meal!

Thanks CK.

Should we start a etiz wd/taper thread so we don't clutter up this one?
Or is everyone cool with our progress (as it happens) being in here?

I could start a thread for it but i dont wanna give etiz wd too much attention for those who are still using it and wanting to use it in the future, if you get what im saying.

-HOOD

Woord man just got outta the wd's. Very happy for you. I'ma probably lay off this thread cause sadly I couldnt taper and etiz never did much for me.once again major congrats, and I need to go wipe after crapping myself. Ck, this is completely unrelated to this forum and I dont want to get flagged, simple yes/no answer will suffice, is using kratom a possibility after months clean of an opioid habit? I miss those feels.

@GMSP Thanks bud, appreciate it. As to your question though... depends on alot of things. I personally wouldn't go there if your tired of being dependant as dependence the second time around builds alot quicker and could potentiallye be just a rough if you get hooked on kratom. Typically, prior opioid users experience nasty withdrawals from kratom... some don't.

It can also re-kindle alot of good feelings, especially since you've been clean for so long and now have what I would assume would be a really low tolerance. I would however, make kratom your first choice if you do happen to relapse, it's definately the lesser of two evils when compared to the grand majority, if not all opioids due to the built in ceiling and self-regulating properties of kratom. It just seems overall less self-destructive and life ruining than pharmaceuticals IME. Anyways, wrong thread lol. We have three megathreads on kratom if your interested in learning more.

Last edited:
Ok i think im "stable" on 1.5mg 4x day now.
Weird pains that i have mentioned either in here or another thread have started to subside after almost 48hrs off oxcarbazepine,
Was definitely that causing the problems, which sucks because my head felt clearer and i was more calm with it, but my body pain was too bad to take the bad with the good.

So now i have a week from tuesday until i drop it to 5mg/day (still unsure about how i will dose that, but i have time to figure it out).
So i am now 2mg lower per day than i was addicted to and it only took a half week and some pain (which i still don't believe was fully caused by just lowering the dose).

Tomorrow is another day and i wish i could just fast forward to the end of it.

Anyone else tapering as we speak?
Ignot, how are you doing with it? Going as you planned?

-HOOD

Nah, don't make another thread! People need to see both sides of the coin.

The throwing up was horrible, or the withdrawal/nausea which made you puke? Just asking, some people REALLY hate vomiting. I can puke in a split second and not care.

The throwing up was horrible, made me ache all over from intensifying that feeling i had from the oxcarb. Like i mean didn't only intensify it but if i was getting a break from the pains and violently threw up like that.. i would be in pain by the time i flushed the toilet hardly able to get myself to move.
Thankfully the pain is almost 100% gone, but i am still vomiting at night if i dont eat enough during the day (which is really hard to do when you feel like shit) but i guess it's part of the importance of giving yourself a healthy diet i suppose.

But like i said i THINK im stablized at the 6mg. That's what i said last night and how i feel now. Hope it doesn't change but even if it does ill just stay at this dose until my body gets completely adjusted to it. I have all the time i need to taper (if etiz stays legal). It would be just MY luck for something like it getting classified or something like that to happen when trying to get off it lol.

And if that were to happen, what the hell would all the people in my shoes do? Dr's are already hard to get a rx for benzos from.. would they open up clinics like methadone clinics for dope addicts? Equiv to benzo treatment? lol.
Cuz benzo wd (as you all know) can be fatal in some cases. They can't just pull thousands of people off them and expect no harm will come of it.
Oh well, i bet "they" are trying to figure out a solution to said problem before they make their move, or i at least hope they are.
Just feels like it's inevitable for it to happen sometime.
Enough bout that though, maybe it's just my anxiety building up lol.. ill drop the subject.

-HOOD

EDIT: Just realized you were asking Ignot about the throwing up thing.
lol.. my bad. Well now you have my take on it too. %)

The throwing up was horrible, made me ache all over from intensifying that feeling i had from the oxcarb. Like i mean didn't only intensify it but if i was getting a break from the pains and violently threw up like that.. i would be in pain by the time i flushed the toilet hardly able to get myself to move.
Thankfully the pain is almost 100% gone, but i am still vomiting at night if i dont eat enough during the day (which is really hard to do when you feel like shit) but i guess it's part of the importance of giving yourself a healthy diet i suppose.

That's pretty shitty. "Oxcarbazepine is an anticonvulsant and mood-stabilizing drug, used primarily in the treatment of epilepsy."
Sounds like fun! I took a bit too much of loperamide one time (I promise there really is no high, even if you push it lol) I threw up for three hours every 20 minutes. What happens is the place in your brain resets, and you feel fine for a bit, and then puke again. Pretty terrible, gotta drink water just so you don't dry heave. The duration is due to loperamides crazy long peak plasma.

But like i said i THINK im stablized at the 6mg. That's what i said last night and how i feel now. Hope it doesn't change but even if it does ill just stay at this dose until my body gets completely adjusted to it. I have all the time i need to taper (if etiz stays legal). It would be just MY luck for something like it getting classified or something like that to happen when trying to get off it lol.

And if that were to happen, what the hell would all the people in my shoes do? Dr's are already hard to get a rx for benzos from.. would they open up clinics like methadone clinics for dope addicts? Equiv to benzo treatment? lol.
Cuz benzo wd (as you all know) can be fatal in some cases. They can't just pull thousands of people off them and expect no harm will come of it.
Oh well, i bet "they" are trying to figure out a solution to said problem before they make their move, or i at least hope they are.
Just feels like it's inevitable for it to happen sometime.
Enough bout that though, maybe it's just my anxiety building up lol.. ill drop the subject.

-HOOD

EDIT: Just realized you were asking Ignot about the throwing up thing.
lol.. my bad. Well now you have my take on it too. %)

As for the methadone clinic thing, they do, they have people called doctors who will see you once a month and prescribe you a script for valium. They'll help you taper. The reason there is no clinic is because there is FAR less stigma around benzodiazepines (mother's little helper) than methadone and opioids. What's fucked up is the withdrawal is just as bad and often worse (this is from reading, only been there with them opioids.)

Dude, if phenazepam hasn't gone anywhere, etizolam isn't. I'd be surprised if they all the sudden made any of the current ones scheduled. I think the only schedule change of a benzo was flunitrazepam to schedule what 1 or 2? Crazy because that was due to it's stigma (ruffies) but anyone who's ever bought a power benzo knows that pills of flunitrazepam ain't got shit on some benzo powder.

I worry they're going to schedule loperamide, and I'd be kinda fucked. Especially if was emergency scheduled. I doubt it will happen. Or it would just help me taper, I have a bunch stocked up.

My new Dr. wont give me valium to taper with unfortunately.. he wont give me any controlled med.
The only one he did give once was Librium and turned out i didn't react well to it.
Closest thing i have gotten from him that would help me out now is gabapentin, but he won't give it to me again it seems even though i told him when i used it to help opiate wds i could also skip a couple benzo doses without feeling sick, and that is saying a lot for one med handling both.
But i told him i needed to up the dose due to the fast tolerance increase and he pulled me off it and said "obviously this wont work for you if you need to increase the dose 2 weeks after starting it". I said at least give me one more month on it so i can finish this kick.. so he did but at the same 300mg 3x day dose that i was on. i asked it to be raised to 4x day (was that so much to ask of him? lol). I have a thing about taking meds 3x day.. i hate the dosing schedule i like either 2 or 4x day with medicine, much easier to keep track of and feel more comfortable on it (OCDish maybe, lol).
I told him i can kick etiz with it no problem if he is willing to give me 300mg 4x day for a month and he said no. Shitty. Maybe time to go to my GP instead of psych.

I understand about the RC benzos most likely not getting scheduled or put on the dangerous list, but i think it is just something i constantly worry about happening since i need them to function properly.. the feeling that they or the ones accessible by me (wish i could still get phenaz honestly, tapering would be so much easier) will be taken away is my main reason to wanna get off them before im stuck with no benzo and forced to CT it.
Paranoia and over thinking things is a part of my issues lol.

Anyways back on track.

Sorry to derail this somewhat.

-HOOD

Do you have a nice scale and are you slowly tapering them? Or do you actually need them (not just talking about rebound anxiety)

doesn't matter, it's a 45 page thread, kind of hard to derail it at this point.

Find a new doctor? Just tell them you take a high dose of benzos. They'll probably have to give you valium so you don't seize and die.

My new (and old) psych knows/knew all about my benzo and opiate use.
Thing is.. when i was coming off phenazepam which i started taking on top of my clonaz script (i was seeing my old psych who has since moved) i told him and he stopped the 4mg clonaz a day and said "when your ready to stop taking it let me know" well i have a really good mg scale and was taking around 15-20mg day of phenaz by the end of it, i used it for about a year and a half.
I finally told my old psych i was ready to come off it, which i really was, he put me on 8-10mg clonazepam a day and tapered me back down to my 4mg and i stayed there until he decided to move. So he tapered me off the last 4mg over the course of a year (i have been taking benzos with little breaks since i was 16) it was almost PAINLESS.

Then i got my new psych and he said to me at my first appt, "you'll never get a controlled drug from me".
So i started etizolam since he wouldn't allow me to go back on clonazepam.. and now here i am trying to get off the etiz without my psych being willing to taper me with a rx benzo.
If i could get phenazepam i could get away with dosing 2-3mg 2xday and taper so much easier with that.. but my online "connect" is no longer around and can't seem to find decently priced powder anywhere.
I'm gonna do a google search now but i've done it in the past and either come up with nothing or it's too expensive which is odd because it used to be dirt cheap.

-HOOD

EDIT: FOUND SOME!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to try etizolam again... I had to take 10mg to find any effects, and I just felt drunk.

Was expecting it to be similar to Diazepam/Lorazepam/Alprazolam etc.. but it was completely different.

My taper is doing alright...I'm on 20mg valium a day...but I'm throwing the taper away for tomorrow, it's my first day of school so I'm going to take 30mg valium and 5mg Xanax....wish me luck <3

also, I had 30 etiztest MD's in my draw..and now I can't find them!! :( I'm kind of sad about that.

ITS OFFICIAL FOLKS WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH THERE WILL BE NO MORE ETIZOLAM FOR US BASED BUYERS!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCK IM SO FUCKED

"As many people already know, one business has stopped carrying Etizolam altogether, and another is out of stock. This, of course, has its drawbacks – the most prevelent one shown here is a shortage. Due to multiple businesses being short or out of stock, many people have rushed here causing us to sell out as well. We do have multiple shipments incoming, but unfortunately we cannot say with certainty exactly when they will be delivered due to the finicky nature of Customs. The best I can say is keep an eye on the news, and check stock regularly.
With that said, Etizest-1 will be back in stock within the next hour or so, and Etizest-MD should be in early next week."

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only got 20mg left, FUCK IT, Im going to use them to get fucked up. I will handle the w/d's the hard way. More than likely I will never be able to place an order again! fuckkkkkkkkkkkk

ITS OFFICIAL FOLKS WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH THERE WILL BE NO MORE ETIZOLAM FOR US BASED BUYERS!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCK IM SO FUCKED

"As many people already know, one business has stopped carrying Etizolam altogether, and another is out of stock. This, of course, has its drawbacks – the most prevelent one shown here is a shortage. Due to multiple businesses being short or out of stock, many people have rushed here causing us to sell out as well. We do have multiple shipments incoming, but unfortunately we cannot say with certainty exactly when they will be delivered due to the finicky nature of Customs. The best I can say is keep an eye on the news, and check stock regularly.
With that said, Etizest-1 will be back in stock within the next hour or so, and Etizest-MD should be in early next week."

I read that too but it does not say within a month there will be no more. Only that there is a shortage causing delays.