• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Randomly I Hear/Feel A "Buzzing" Sound When I Go To Bed....???

That's what made me quit drinking so much. Only it was rush Limbaugh through the ductwork. Freeky Shit

Came across this and thought I would post:

Spontaneous otoacoustic emissions

Human ears generate their own noises, called spontaneous otoacoustic emissions (SOAE). Various studies have showed that 38–60% of adults with normal hearing have them, although the majority are unaware of these sounds. The people who do hear these sounds typically hear a faint buzzing or ringing, especially if they are otherwise in complete silence.

Sometimes I would hear ringing in my ears and thought maybe it was from certain drug use. Like when I used to do phenibut, I would get that buzzing or ringing at times. Phenibut seems to cause auditory hallucinations, especially during withdrawals.

Other times, I agree with the people in the thread who said it could be a frequency from another dimension trying to tell you something. I experienced it during a time I was really into searching the universe and I think ETs or something bigger than me was trying to make contact. I was scared when my ear had a high pitch tone at night and I said "Make it stop!" and I called out to Jesus Christ because I was not ready to receive whatever message was coming. Now I know to meditate if that ever happens again and try to get on the same frequency.

Common causes of vibrations are:

Wind turbines.
Factories (I can hear the extraction fans from an industrial estate located a few miles away. Sounds like this can really travel at night).
Motorways/highways/traffic.
Radiator valves.
Various other house noises such as heating pipes.

If it's a buzz and appears to be internally generated i.e a kind of auditory hallucination, then there's a good chance it's related to sleep paralysis/the sleep state. It's very common when falling asleep, as is twitching or jerking. They tend to be interlinked. It can also be related to drug use; particular MDMA and stimulant use. See exploding head syndrome.

Whether or not it's spiritual is up to people to decide for themselves. I've certainly experienced it on mushrooms (along with the intense feeling of a presence in the room), and sleep paralysis/similar sleep states can be pretty bizarre.

Or I guess it could be some other phenomena.

Last edited:
I get the same thing (buzzing under my sheets and pillow) and I'm absoloutely TERRIFIED of sleeping paralysis

I have the same, I think. Most of the time it is barely noticeable, but if I focus on it it gets more intense. It sounds just like the static noise from old TV's.

I hear that sometimes too. It usually ends up being something that?s plugged in to an outlet and the outlet or cord don?t like each other.