• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Randomly I Hear/Feel A "Buzzing" Sound When I Go To Bed....???

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

I felt like I should post this here after it was happening again last night. I am not sure how often this happens or why, I do know it happens and then I forget about it.. because it happened last night and then I remembered it has happened a decent amount of times before as well and it kinda freaks me out and it hard to sleep when I'm just waiting for it to happen again and wondering what the hell is it and if something is seriously wrong or not...

So obviously I tested it out last night to see if there actually was something there.. because the way I sleep is on my back usually to fall asleep with my right side of my head laying on the pillow. I hear this buzzing sound as if there is a fly or bee INSIDE my mattress, right under where I am laying or in my pillow or something.. but I am not stupid and know that if this has happened before there is no way it could survive, so I figured it had to be something else.. so I waited for it to happen again and then immediately jerked my head up, and it stopped. Then I moved my pillows a whole pillow length down my bed just to be sure there wasn't something in my pillows.. I didn't hear anything, and I thought I faintly did for a while then all a sudden .. Buzzzzzzz.

It freaked me the hell out cause I don't know what it is, what it could be and if it is anything I should be concerned about and if anyone else has this. It is very simple to explain. It is as if there is a bee or fly buzzing in my mattress/pillow where I am laying and it is loud and I can feel the vibrations slightly and it happens for about the same duration every time, then stops. It starts off faint then gets loud then stops.

It keeps me from falling asleep when it happens because A. I don't know what the hell it is. B. It is scary because I don't know what it is and it is surprising and out of no where when it happens and C. I just keep waiting and thinking for it to happen again until I just finally pass out or it somehow stops.

I looked and searched on google to try to find some answers and other people have reported very similar things and people responded with tinnitus, which I believe I do have since I always have a ringing in my ears and have had that for years. I don't ever hear it or listen or care because I've grown used to it. I am very prone and get a lot of ear aches and ear infections, I just recently had one a week ago and am still getting over it because I had fluid in my ears since I was like 10 and had little tubes put in my ears 2 times with surgery to get them out, and both times it worked, but the fluid came back both times so it was pointless to keep doing it.

I am hoping that is all it is, but I don't know what to do about this to get it to stop or what I can do to possibly treat it?

Does anyone else experience this so I know and am at least comforted by that?

Thank you very much :)

It means you have AIDS.

But seriously, if this happens at night does that mean it only happens when its quiet? Maybe this is another thing you'll just get used to. I used to hear a slight ringing in my ears in my childhood sometimes, but it eventually went away by itself. Anyways, if it gets worse or is distracting at several times throughout your day then you should really see a doctor. No one here can properly diagnose you so its really the best option for your own peace of mind.

It's likely vibrations from a nearby street or pipes in your building. When I lay my head down for the night vibrations are amplified by my bed springs and I can hear passing cars or roommates walking around very well

Also used to randomly get this effect when I was a kid, seemingly with no cause. Some strange auditory mechanism I couldn't even begin to explain

Just an aside, I experience this in buildings with basements, but not those with cement foundations. So I don't think it's anything wrong with you, just a strange trick of traveling sound waves from a building shifting.

I can leave this here if you desire, but if you would rather, you might get better replies over in Healthy Living. If so, just let me know, and I'll move it for you.

I wasn't sure where the most appropriate place to put this was, but wherever you figure is the best place.

But, I don't think it is cars, vibrations from outside or in the house cause it feels as if it is in my pillow or in my mattress , basically right next to my ear is feels. It is very strange.

its tinitus.....ringing,buzzing in the ears mainly noticeable when in a very quite environment. I get it a lot and its crap. Even when you try not to listen out for it yu cant help yrself. Once you hear it you cant NOT hear it. I get it the day after a good session and it can last a week or 2 for me.:sus:

I used to get this when I was taking a lot of mdma read a lot about it and it had something to do with serotonin, I also get insanely loud buzzing when I get sleep paralysis which I think can also be also related to serotonin levels. Tinnitus sounds about right though too. Sorry a little off topic Kinda but I have been hearing buzzing vibrations before bed lately too...but its not just before bed...its like my room is buzzing lol. One half you can barely hear it but if you lie down on my head it is soo loud you can feel it. I do live in an apartment so at first I tohught maybe it was something the neighbors were doing. but its not near the wall...:s

Tinnitus can be tricky, I've had it since I was a little kid. Always I had slept with a fan for some white noise to drown it out. I didn't realize how bad it was until my son got ear infections and they wanted to test his hearing. I walked into the soundproof room and instantly heard the loud ringing sound.

I have exactly the same thing i just want to rip open my pillow and look if there are bugs inside or something when i bang my head on the pillow it stops or when i move.. Im glad there somebody else with the same thing in dutch i couldnt find anything similar! Do you know what it is by now???

The buzzing is associated with sleep paralysis. I used to have it when I was really young and it (really) scared me until my teenage years, when I learned how to use the internet and discovered what it was.

It happens when your mind is on the verge of falling asleep, and it happens every night.. usually you just don't remember it. We'd probably go mad if we remembered all the nights activities haha. It isn't anything to be concerned about though, just a natural function of the sleeping process.

It could be tinnitus, a blocked ear canal, or you could be hearing a fridge or something else like other people are saying.

You might as well go to a doctor or ENT doctor and have them check your hearing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_hum

if you try sleeping somewhere far from the city/burbs and don't get the buzzing then the above is what's causing it, it doesn't bother everyone but if you have fluid in your ears then that's likely amplifying the noise and making it more of a nuisance than it would be otherwise.

Hi Kids,

I happen to know about this very much and I normally do not reply to any groups on this type of knowledge. You can go to the doctor but they will find nothing. . Do not think that there is a 'pill' to take to eliminate the buzz. Do not poison your system. In fact, in evolution of man it is our destiny to grow and expand our knowledge and wings into unexplored realms. And I know many of you will laugh and write it off with ignorance and disbelief as the reason but you precisely have this condition because you do not poison your bodies nor pollute your brain with negations.

The buzzing is a precursor to clair-audience. Like clairvoyance, this condition is an opening into a dimension that lives all around us but is unseen by the coarse minds of most people. Do not try and eliminate the problem with physical means. In fact, explore the energy and with your mind over the period of many months bring it down into the heart. If you will allow yourself to feel this 'buzzing' in your heart you will feel an energy of joy and peace and will 'feel' things and people in a dimension that most would find impossible. My buzzing is continuous day and night but it is mostly in the ears and during evening and quiet times it moves to the heart usually accompanied by sparks and lights and other 'sounds' of bells and trumpets that contain a quality of beauty not seen in the physical world.

To those of you who would recommend doctors and other physical ailments as the problem I would warn against the poisoning that most doctors 'prescribe'. This is death to a sensitive system. There are many ancient texts that describe this problem and it is a sacred gift of the spirit to remind the coarse minded that there are many doors to a world that remains closed to the blind, ignorant and the negators of life.

Enjoy the vibrations of the spirit and listen carefully to how they expand and change once you begin to understand.

i agree with that. when i used to try n astral project that is when i used to hear the buzzing. it was terrifying. my friend told me to just get through that part and then you got it. but i never could. maybe it s for the best.. good luck.

a minute into reading this thread and now i can hear a high pitched buzzing sound as well..

u guys cursed me 8(

maybe everyone who tries to hear it can tune into tinnitus land as well

I can't believe this, others are having nearly the same exact experience as myself. I have had tinnitus my whole life and I know the difference between the ringing off tinnitus and this buzzing sound. This buzzing is distinctly different. Last night it started to freak me out I could have sworn there must have been a fly in the room somewhere. I tried and I tried but could not locate the source. I also felt as if there was another presence in the room from another dimension or something. I brought my dog in the room. I had my first out of body experience recently and last night I nearly went out of body several times, each time accompanied by paralysis and intense buzzing throughout my whole body and head. This part was scary. I resisted each time and made myself reawake. I have also been taking some stimulants lately and I believe there is a connecrion, perhaps opening a doorway.