• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Randomly I Hear/Feel A "Buzzing" Sound When I Go To Bed....???

I'm thinking you got something in your room buzzing. Come winter, the wasps that built nest in my attic would start migrating indoors through the heating vents and go hide in some corner. It took them weeks to die and were sometimes really hard to find. So if you hear buzzing (especially if it is intermittent) but but don't feel buzzing in you body or perception, I'm doubting it is like those buzzing sensations that many report when they enter different states of consciousness.

The buzzing is caused by stress which then causes high blood pressure. When you lay your head down your intercranial pressure increases slightly which causes the Phantom sound.

That used to happen to me years back never really thought much of it other than it must have been pipes or something vibrating the springs in my mattress.... Interesting?

Hi did you find out what it was? I'm suffering from the same thing. Just the odd loud buzz for about 5 mins in the corner of my room.
Insect related I'm sure of that. Not all the silly answers you were given. Thanks

Mattress springs resonate frequencies that can happen from surprisingly far away. You ever lie on your mattress and sing, and then abruptly stop, and then listen to the reverberations inside the mattress? It's probably resonating *something* ...

I spent years not knowing what the buzzing sound like an electric current in the back of my head was, usually when going to sleep. I eventually worked out it was something called 'exploding head syndrome', and for me it came about after long stints of using serotonin effecting substances and then stopping or reducing.

Crawls nightmare

Mine is embarrassing but true. My wife weathered an opiate addiction for a few years. When the subutex I was taking blocked the opiates we thought life would be good. I then discovered meth and the first drug that I would hallucinate on. My wife showed immediate disdain for this drug and it is my opinion that she would keep me up at night masturbating or at least that's what I would perceive. I've been in therapy long enough to know not to point fingers but this is a forum where I need advice other than to check myself into the local third floor of the hospital. LOL. After a few months of accusing my wife is having a small vibrator that could be hidden anywhere, I found that my bed was vibrating. I told my therapist that I would not investigate the vibrating bed as I immediately went to this was away from my wife to cover up this menopausal constant need for masturbation. Considering were intimate a few times a day and I'm beyond generous, there's no need for this other than for pain or for an overwhelming sensitivity she may now have. I've asked about it over 150 times as this is been going on throughout the course of six months. As I felt my bed moving I told my therapist that I would not investigate because if she wants to hold onto the lie for that long then it would be up to her to remove them. At any rate months and months jumped by and I realize that it now feels like an electric current more than a vibration. What's bizarre is that weeks before today I could feel the electric current come in three sections. One of my feet and calves one of my midsection in one and what did I would consider to be my heart up to the top of my head. When I'm woken, it's only under my head. Leading me to believe that I have the worst luck or perhaps my bride of 10 years is hoping for some form of shaken baby syndrome at 39 years old. The thing that frightens me and the reason why I'm posting is because I'm curious if constant pulses could actually be set to your body. There have been four times now where I've been out in public and felt the exact same sensation from my feet to my midsection to my head or starting in any order. This is frightening and my therapist has concluded that my drug use based on clean time now and my sanity are intact, I'm not causing this nor has my partying. I can't find any info on is it possible for your body to be set to an electrical current that you could feel the pulse elsewhere away from its origin. Besides the mockery I'm going to receive from this I would love to receive some educated answers on if this is even plausible or if I need to to be in a padded room with a helmet on. I'm seriously trying to save my marriage with four children involved and a wife that is as cold as ice to the point where I've been slapped over bringing up this topic. I don't know if her nasty reactions are based on how crazy it sounds or if it's guilty conscience. I just know she's never acted in this way before and her reactions alone have prompted me to start the divorce process

Last edited:
Mine is embarrassing but true. My wife weathered an opiate addiction for a few years. When the subutex I was taking blocked the opiates we thought life would be good. I then discovered meth and the first drug that I would hallucinate on. My wife showed immediate disdain for this drug and it is my opinion that she would keep me up at night masturbating or at least that's what I would perceive. I've been in therapy long enough to know not to point fingers but this is a forum where I need advice other than to check myself into the local third floor of the hospital. LOL. After a few months of accusing my wife is having a small vibrator that could be hidden anywhere, I found that my bed was vibrating. I told my therapist that I would not investigate the vibrating bed as I immediately went to this was away from my wife to cover up this menopausal constant need for masturbation. Considering were intimate a few times a day and I'm beyond generous, there's no need for this other than for pain or for an overwhelming sensitivity she may now have. I've asked about it over 150 times as this is been going on throughout the course of six months. As I felt my bed moving I told my therapist that I would not investigate because if she wants to hold onto the lie for that long then it would be up to her to remove them. At any rate months and months jumped by and I realize that it now feels like an electric current more than a vibration. What's bizarre is that weeks before today I could feel the electric current come in three sections. One of my feet and calves one of my midsection in one and what did I would consider to be my heart up to the top of my head. When I'm woken, it's only under my head. Leading me to believe that I have the worst luck or perhaps my bride of 10 years is hoping for some form of shaken baby syndrome at 39 years old. The thing that frightens me and the reason why I'm posting is because I'm curious if constant pulses could actually be set to your body. There have been four times now where I've been out in public and felt the exact same sensation from my feet to my midsection to my head or starting in any order. This is frightening and my therapist has concluded that my drug use based on clean time now and my sanity are intact, I'm not causing this nor has my partying. I can't find any info on is it possible for your body to be set to an electrical current that you could feel the pulse elsewhere away from its origin. Besides the mockery I'm going to receive from this I would love to receive some educated answers on if this is even plausible or if I need to to be in a padded room with a helmet on. I'm seriously trying to save my marriage with four children involved and a wife that is as cold as ice to the point where I've been slapped over bringing up this topic. I don't know if her nasty reactions are based on how crazy it sounds or if it's guilty conscience. I just know she's never acted in this way before and her reactions alone have prompted me to start the divorce process

1. Of course you wife showed disdain for your meth use...you have four children and she helped you through an opiate addiction and now you're trying something else that's highly addictive and destructive. What did you expect her reaction the be? Meth has devestating effects on many people that use it. She sounds like she loves you and didn't want to watch you self destruct further, nor did she want your children to witness this.

2. So you're still blaming your wife for an electrical sensation that you now sense when you're out in public?!? Seriously, you sound a little delusional and paranoid as you're blaming this whole thing on your wife. I can see why she gets upset when you mention it as she probably has nothing to do with it and you've been harassing her and blaming her for something that she is not responsible for. She is a patient and loving woman to tolerate this for months on end. Honestly, she is probably worried about your sanity at this point.

Have you stopped using meth to see if it goes away? Have you seen a doctor over this? Instead of blaming and accusing your poor wife be proactive in looking at other alternatives. I really feel bad for her as I suspect she is stressed beyond belief having to care for four kids and care for you and then to have to endure your abuse over something she probably can't relate to. I'm really not trying to be mean, and I believe that you feel those sensations (getting off of benzos I felt similar for a while), but I don't understand why you're blaming her. You're going to start the divorce process and just leave her after all she has lived through standing by and your addictions and supporting you...that's so hurtful. Be sure to tell the judge you're unhappy that she is not supportive of you using meth.

*Disclaimer - I feel like I am missing something obvious or totally misinterpreting the thread. I have read it several times over and feel like something was either left out.

I do have something long winded and respectful to reply with but I am pressed for time. Yes, I am completely clean and the scenarios still seems to be as I described it. I know it seems strange and you hurt my feelings by using typical words like paranoid and delusional. Try to be kind with the response the way I asked and we can have a conversation about this because I did Ask and I'm scared.

I do have something long winded and respectful to reply with but I am pressed for time. Yes, I am completely clean and the scenarios still seems to be as I described it. I know it seems strange and you hurt my feelings by using typical words like paranoid and delusional. Try to be kind with the response the way I asked and we can have a conversation about this because I did Ask and I'm scared.

My apologies Crawllife - my intention was not to be offensive. I'm a fairly direct person and that can be off putting at times. Like I said, I think there are some details I may have been missing. I was also being defensive of your wife. I will try to choose my words more carefully.

Why do you think your wife is involved? I guess this is the biggest piece I don't understand, and from an outside perspective it doesn't seem very plausible as what would her motive be?

Are you certain the auditory symptoms are directly connected to the electric symptoms...is it possible the two are unrelated? Do the two always happen in tandem?

On some levels I can relate to the rogue electricity as that was something I experienced, but it was from severe benzo withdrawal, and there really wasn't a pattern. Also, after having time to consider your situation more I remember my Mom gets strange electricity in her legs, hips, and back - always the same places and it's due to a damaged nerve. She primarily gets it lying down, but if she over exerts herself sometimes it happens when she is up and about. Is it possible you have injured a major nerve and so you feel that through out your body?

Have you discussed this with your doctor? They may be able to run tests. If it is a nerve issue you may be able to have it repaired or go trough therapy.

I am not convinced of anything at this point. I'm struggling to make the connection between constantly feeling ( a husband knows) self pleasure when we sleep together and the electric shock I feel in the bed, my comforter and myself ( all at separate times). I know that when we were in Rhode Island for an RC event, it was the first time I would have bet there was a silver bullet up there. I'm sorry for being so forward!!! It revolved around a time I was trying meth for the first time. It also revolved around her eldest biological son choosing to leave and go to an abusive ex-husband. I know that had a negative impact on her I know the drugs had a negative impact on me and it also revolved around a time where a son that I lost in a divorce when I was still heroin addicted was kicked out of his home and sent to us to raise at 17. There was so much trauma in a 30 day window that our spiritual therapist seems to believe that we've created something together that is trying to hurt us and make her look guilty. I assure you with all honesty and with eight weeks clean yesterday, not one of the pranks revolving around this topic haven't pointed directly to her. I believe that I've even seen her try to do things to make me look crazy and I have a theory as to why. My wife is ultra conservative on the street but not so much in the privacy of our room. I believe the arguing about accusations of her private activities in her sleep and some of the nasty things that are said to me while she is supposedly asleep has spawned arguments loud enough for my biological 17-year-old and her biological 17-year-old to hear. I believe the embarrassment of her son, the only biological one that will speak to her, is enough for her to do some of this. What I'm trying to figure out with tears in my eyes I assure you is that a and my crazy B has she started something and she just doesn't know how to stop or see is our therapist accurate and we've actually created a poltergeist. The bottom line is is that I'm having a bedroom built in my basement for me and supposedly were supposed to sleep apart for a year and work on the individual things that could've created this anger or hatred. But I assure you that if your significant other cut you off sexually for the first time in 13 years and then if you chose to share a bed with that individual you watch them pleasure themselves but you don't have it in you as a gentleman to jump on top of her and try to grab whatever it is she's using to try to prove to her that this is happening in their sleep, you would be just as frustrated and frightened as I am. Some of the other things that I'm experiencing our hooky and can be taken off of YouTube. They are also symptoms of hauntings and mental illness. This is tough. And thank you for your explanation about the defense of my wife. Believe me, I'm constantly trying to defend it in my mind. It's just getting harder

I have had similar issues to buzzing and some sort of jerking sensations in the muscles right before sleep. It seems to happen most frequently when I have not been sleeping well / partying / cocaine.

It had happened at times when I was experimenting with DXM. It seems to go away for long periods and come back.

Often it is right on the brink of sleep. I sometimes "hallucinate" / "picture in my mind / dream state" being chased by bees which would explain the buzzing. Sometimes it's falling off a bike which creates the jerking motion ...

I didn't read most of the posts in this thread sooooooooooo, this could be completely off topic

Just a guess it could be your veins vibrating. Could be caused from injecting some government mind control drug into your veins and they ccan get inside your head and vibrate your veins to keep you from remembering your real childhood and filling your head with false memories for a reason still unknown... WAR

If you never get the buzzing while you're awake then it's not tinnitus. Tinnitus can be caused by high or low blood pressure (among other things), and sometimes when people fall asleep their BP drops and the sound starts. But usually the low BP version sounds more like whooshing or flowing water. The high BP one is like a buzz.

Pretty sure this is a sleep paralysis thing. I've had it before. As I'm falling asleep I get jolted awake by a strange high pitched buzz and it always catches me by surprise. It happens the most often if I wake up from a nightmare and I need to go back to sleep but I'm afraid to at the same time, so I am more alert while I'm falling back to sleep and hear it. Does that make sense?

So maybe the issue is that you're hypervigilant, which points to nervousness, which points to maybe you need help relaxing?

Try taking an epsom salts bath before bed and see if the magnesium helps.

You all have been great! I like the government injection idea! Lol. I don't think I will ever know. Which is a shame because I would've liked to of helped somebody else on here. Thank you all very much for your replies and I will certainly be looking for more.

This was a great reply. It's frightening. It just turns on. Could start at my feet or head. It's so freekin weird. The best way to describe it is : I feel the electricity of things. When I go to hotels. I make their refrigerators hum louder. No shit!! Then somehow I get it at home. It's scary.

This is a long shot but could you be sensitive to various frequencies on the electromagnetic spectrum? There are a few documented cases. Also, have you seen a doctor yet to have new tests ordered?

I know this is an old thread and if the original poster had lived in any of these "special" areas they would probably already be familiar with this syndrome that affects 2% of people in the area.

Look up "Taos Mexico" and there's somewhere in England as well where people constantly hear what sounds like a diesel truck idling in the distance. No scientific equipment has ever recorded the sound but it's been determined that the people don't have some mental issue and they are legitimately hearing a weird buzzing.