• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy LSB (Lysergic Acid 2-Butyl Amide) Thread

I have seen drops of liquid LSD glow under blacklight, and while those were fairly concentrated - the same drops when diluted to 10 times their volume still fluoresced very noticeably. I think a few drops of alcohol on a 120ug blotter would give a concentration with pretty good fluorescence.
-------
I am curious as to whether the seller gives any indication of the optical purity of the compound. LSB has one extra stereocenter (versus LSD) - increasing the number of possible stereoisomers to 8 total (including other stereocenters on the ergoloid). Nichols' work indicates that only one of these eight (R with respect to the butylamide) should be more active than LSD, and the french report seems to suggest that 120ug LSB was as strong as 150ug LSD which would mean that the producers actually isolated the most active isomer. I've seen data suggesting the separation of the (R)sec-butyl-lysergamide from (S) is incredibly difficult, so props to them if they truly purified this isomer.

Of course we still don't know whether the compound is what's stated, let alone if all the numbers are correct :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Only illegal clandestine LSD labs will be able to produce this because it requires the same illegal precursors as LSD, right?

Why anybody really believes such a lab would risk making and selling LSB as a legal research chemical, is beyond me. It would lead right back to them.

If such a lab was to make LSB, they would do it as part of their own research (for curiousitys sake) and they would just sell it off as LSD through their normal channels. As effects are bound to be very similar, and most people don't want an RC they never heard of, people want LSD.

I knew that LSB existed but never thought I'd actually come across it until a few weekends ago I was hanging out with some rave kids and they claimed that they had all taken LSB. I immediately doubted that they had taken it but if it's being made right now I could have been totally wrong in my doubts. They all apparently had amazing trips with astounding visuals, and I'm actually friggin jealous now haha i'll see if I can get a hold of any.

the reason I'd believe it's being made right now is because I heard leonard pickard is out of jail and fled to canada presumably to make more LSD but IIRC he was also experienced with making other lysergamides and if LSB is an awesome chem then I'd totally believe that he made it.

Last edited:
Please keep me (and everyone else!) informed, as I am sure there is great interest.

Wow, Pickard out of jail? Man that's good news! From what I gathered he was a huge fan of ALD-52, and made those other lysergamines as well. Wouldn't it be awesome if he was in Canada making legal LSD-analogues to share with the world?

I don't think pickard is out of jail, a quick google can't find a news article about it.

I got the supposed LSB, it is a thick and rigid blotting paper with a blue print on the front.
Anyway it isn't pre-cut and it's not that big for 20 blotters, i guess I'll have measure it using a millimeter and divide it.
Frankly for what it looks like does not seem promising, anyway i'll test one with Ehrlich test.

I don't think i'll extract with alcohol, because i saw that the color becomes diluted this way with Marquis, i was thinking of using it directly as blotter, should it work with Ehrlich right?
I'll post the pics of the blotter and the results when done.

ive never noticed the blotter paper effecting ehrlich test results form at least 10 different samples, but you did say it looks like strange paper so i cant say for sure.

Big & Dandifying now since reports are trickling in and in any case this thread is growing.

I got the supposed LSB, it is a thick and rigid blotting paper with a blue print on the front.
Anyway it isn't pre-cut and it's not that big for 20 blotters, i guess I'll have measure it using a millimeter and divide it.
Frankly for what it looks like does not seem promising, anyway i'll test one with Ehrlich test.

I don't think i'll extract with alcohol, because i saw that the color becomes diluted this way with Marquis, i was thinking of using it directly as blotter, should it work with Ehrlich right?
I'll post the pics of the blotter and the results when done.

Be a babe and don't forget swallow for us ;)

any1 test it yet what color showed

think its real specially orgins ability and past exp dont dismiss yet mmmm the word

it has less hallc factor so its not meant to be as special of its cousin

any1 test it yet what color showed

think its real specially orgins ability and past exp dont dismiss yet mmmm the word

it has less hallc factor so its not meant to be as special of its cousin

Can we have that again? In English this time please.

i found one of these and they are active without leaving them on your cheek and are perfect body and mind but not very visual, although i only ate half 1 blotter...six hours of lovely mindset very happy feeling compared to nbome's, in my opinion this feels ok...blotter had no picture and was very small...taste electric

I recived a 2 dose........... sample recently

appears to be thick, white backing, blue print. I have no idea when I will have the opportunity to take this. but when I do I will report on it.

i found one of these and they are active without leaving them on your cheek and are perfect body and mind but not very visual

Glad to hear it, 6 Hours sounds about the right time frame if it is only lasting 4-5 for people sublingually. The experiences people have had so far with this compound, assuming it is indeed LSB, confirm some things I've suspected for a long time. LSB, compared with LSD, has far greater affinity for 5ht1a - a receptor subtype that has been associated with anxiolytic effects and oxytocin release. Decreased affinity for 2a would cut down on classic psychedelic effects, namely visuals (the nbomes are highly selective for 5ht2a).

From what I've heard about the effects of ALD-52 it sounds like it could share some properties with LSB (and perhaps binding affinities, though I haven't seen data on this). Most seemed to report ALD-52 being a 'less serious' or less anxious, easier acid trip. From what I've gathered from the few reports out there, LSB seems to be like this in many ways.

LSD is definitely a well balanced chemical with regard to its visual effects versus mind and body and the like, and I doubt any other compound will ever come to take its place as something which has changed so many lives, and opened people to unique ways of thinking, but I do think that something like LSB could be much better accepted by people who ordinarily wouldn't dabble in hallucinogens. I'd be curious to hear from someone who tried it whether they thought it was more/less of a 'party' drug than classic LSD?

This are the pics of the whole blotter of 20 (sorry for the bad quality, using my shitty webcam this time)
I'm also testing them with Ehrlich and Marquis (you can find the results in pill testing).

picture001v.jpg

picture002tc.jpg

picture004yy.jpg

Last one is the rear of the blotter.

So has anyone AT ALL just swallowed the blotters yet? Every report seems to be sublingual.

I'm just skeptical that it isn't an nbome...