• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos diazepam + tramadol + alcohol

PR22

Greenlighter
I'm about 100 kilos, never tried diazepam or tramadol beforen and I don't have a tolerance to anything.

I took 10mg of diazepam, waited an hour, took 100mg of tramadol, and now its an hour after that I've felt nothing so far. The couple times I tried clonazepam I had a couple beers and it really made the euphoria come out. Is it safe to have a beer or two with what I've already taken today? I know its not recommended, but I feel nothing so far so I don't think the risk is too high for me.

no, do not have a beer!! you have never even had valium before or tramadol and you said you dont have a tolerance to anything!!!

do not drink a beer!!!!! dont take any more drugs today.... wait it out and try some other time!!! im serious!!!

tramadol is a very, very, shitty, shitty drug, seriously one of the shittiest drugs i have tried in my life. oh yah and tramadol caused me to have a grand-mal seizure.....

I can not fault the advice...but.... to so vehemently attack tramadol seems uncalled for. Its really rather a safe drug if used correctly even has some immune boosting properties, I am sorry to hear that you had a seizure. How much had you taken? Was it in combination with another drug? Where you chasing a high like that of harder opiates/opioids?

ultram is definitely NOT a safe drug to use, and where did you learn it boosts the immune system? can you post a source to back up your claim?

when i had a seizure i had taken 250mgs at around 3-4pm, then at 11pm or 12am i had 1 regular sized shot of vodka and smoked a little weed. 30-60mins later, i was convulsing on the bathroom floor.

i was young and naive and didnt know tramadol is very very prone to cause seizures. i can take other drugs which lower the seizure threshold without having a seizure such as wellbutrin, amphetamines such as meth, opiates, ect...

everyone should know the dangers of tramadol, using this drug is not worth the risks!!! it is a weak opiate and does not provide much euphoria remotely compared to oxycodone or even hydrocodone. codeine has more recreational effects than tramadol IMO and IME. because tramadol is very weak, people often take more and more to try and reach the high, and eventually end up having a seizure.

in my eyes, why would i try to use a drug which doesnt even really have much opiate effects and is shitty and dirty ( dirty as in affecting multiple receptors in the CNS) and risk having a seizure? the rewards are not worth the risk.

Ok, alcohol is out of the question then. What would be a better a dose to try next time (either individually or in this combo)? Because I feel nothing and that's a bit of let down.

"It is possible that choice of a drug modulates beneficial immune responses in the perioperative period. It has been demonstrated that tramadol can contribute to beneficial effects on immune functions in patients, namely, induce an improvement of postoperative immunosuppression and increase NK cell activity, lymphocyte proliferation and IL-2 production (Sacerdote et al., 1997; 1999; 2000). However, the mechanism of tramadol on modulating cytokine production is unknown."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2579953/

"Furthermore, there are suggestions that chronic opioid administration may induce a state of immune tolerance,[32] although tramadol, in contrast to typical opioids may enhance immune function.[33][34][35] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol

Comparing it to massively stronger drugs such as oxycodone and hydrocodone seem irrelevant to this arguement unless you are suggesting taking more addictive substances is better for you then less addictive substances.

Like is said its a safe drug if used correctly. People have to take responsibility for their own actions. You had an unfortunate reaction. Many many people do not have that reaction at that dose. All drugs come with risks you have just used your emotions to try and degrade a drug due to your bad experience i dont think it is helpful.

have you used opiates before? what is your normal dose of clonazepam??? how often do you use kpin??

next time you might want to try 15-20mgs valium and 200mg tramadol. do NOT exceed 200mgs though!!! tramadol is a prodrug, it's opiate effects from its main metabolite O-desmethyltramadol. the enzymes that metabolize tramadol are limited, and if you take too much at once, your liver wont be able to process the good stuff and you will get more a stimulated NRI effect. think of a traffic jam leading into a tunnel or something, when all the cars are trying to go through, the roads are backed up and progress is very slow and limited, but if you spread out the time of amount of cars that go through, the cars will be able to pass through more efficiently and quickly.

how does this relate to tramadol? i recommend stacking/staggering your doses throughout the day.

for example, in the morning take 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol. 1-2hrs later, take another 5mg valium + 50mg tramadol. wait another 1-2hrs and take 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol. finally wait 1-2hrs and take the last dose of 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol. in 2-3 hours, you will be feeling good i promise.

the reason i suggest spreading out both valium and tram is because valium is also metabolized through the same enzyme your liver uses to metabolize tramadol into the good stuff. essentially, you can think of the valium being more cars trying to get through the tunnel.

good luck, dont drive and you might want to have a sitter around if you get to messed up! i doubt you will have a seizure from tramadol if you MAKE SURE to take the ultram with valium. valium is an excellent anticonvulsant and will help to prevent against seizures.

keep in mind, i gave you this advice to ensure the safest experience while using tramadol! you should be proud of yourself for not drinking any alcohol, you made the right choice :) smoking weed on the other hand is perfectly fine !

Ok, alcohol is out of the question then. What would be a better a dose to try next time (either individually or in this combo)? Because I feel nothing and that's a bit of let down.

Some people only get very mild effects from Tramadol you maybe one of them so I wouldnt like Lacaster said not try and chase a high if 100mg did nothing its either not tramadol or you arent easily effected. It does tend to take about an hour to take effect and peaks at around 2-3 hours in my experience.

have you used opiates before? what is your normal dose of clonazepam??? how often do you use kpin??

2-6mg, only done it a couple times

for example, in the morning take 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol. 1-2hrs later, take another 5mg valium + 50mg tramadol. wait another 1-2hrs and take 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol. finally wait 1-2hrs and take the last dose of 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol. in 2-3 hours, you will be feeling good i promise.

So.. why don't I just do that now? It's been over 2hrs, how about another 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol? Sounds fun.

And thanks for all the advice man

"It is possible that choice of a drug modulates beneficial immune responses in the perioperative period. It has been demonstrated that tramadol can contribute to beneficial effects on immune functions in patients, namely, induce an improvement of postoperative immunosuppression and increase NK cell activity, lymphocyte proliferation and IL-2 production (Sacerdote et al., 1997; 1999; 2000). However, the mechanism of tramadol on modulating cytokine production is unknown."

"Furthermore, there are suggestions that chronic opioid administration may induce a state of immune tolerance,[32] although tramadol, in contrast to typical opioids may enhance immune function.[33][34][35] "

Comparing it to massively stronger drugs such as oxycodone and hydrocodone seem irrelevant to this arguement unless you are suggesting taking more addictive substances is better for you then less addictive substances.

Like is said its a safe drug if used correctly. People have to take responsibility for their own actions. You had an unfortunate reaction. Many many people do not have that reaction at that dose. All drugs come with risks you have just used your emotions to try and degrade a drug due to your bad experience i dont think it is helpful.

nice find, butyour link suggests nothing about improving a patients immune system, i think you got a little confused on the meaning of immunosuppression. tramadol does not improve you immune system at all, and opiates tend to weaken the immune system. it says nothing about strengthening the immune system, but merely by inducing a antinociceptive effect, tramadol helps prevent the production of stress-inducing chemicals in response to having a surgery..after surgery, a patient's body is in a stress induced state and is trying to recover and recoup back to a normal-functioning state , and the study shws that tramadol suppresses an unwanted response from your body such as procuring stress chems. stress is known to weaken your immune system. this suggests nothing really special about tramadol, just that it might be better than morphine due to its dual-modes-of-action

and this only occurs after an injury, if a person is healthy and takes tramadol, the tramadol will most likely hamper the immune system in a slight malevolent way

this study is definitely not conclusive, and the link even states that this study is non conclusive! all research studies should be taken with a grain of salt...

2-6mg, only done it a couple times

So.. why don't I just do that now? It's been over 2hrs, how about another 5mg valium and 50mg tramadol? Sounds fun.

And thanks for all the advice man

damnn 2-6mgs klonopin? thats alot of fucking klonopin! no wonder you dont feel the valium!! dude, i have been taking benzos including klonopin for years and i only need 1-2mgs klonopin, even after years of on and off use...

Last edited:
Tramadol may not have much effect on you ( recreationally ) so I would maybe suggest trying again another day at least I can not condone taking more as that would be chasing a high that may not happen, but hey its up to you bro.

Great study.

I have a few claiming cardioprotective properties of tramadol.

Tramadol should always be taken with a benzodiazepines to avoid risk of seizures.

Alcohol can induce seizures so do not mix it with tramadol.

Titrate slowly until you find an effective dosage and do not exceed 400 milligrams.

I wouldnt say tramadol is a shitty drug, infact if your body chemistry renders it effective then it can be a fantastic painkiller and mood elevator. However it is a dose sensitive drug and taking it at greater quantities then the label advises is a risky venture. One time you might be fine with 400mgs plus but another time 250mgs could leave you seizing badly. This doesnt mean its a shitty drug, just that its not really suitable for recreational use unless a suitable anti-convulsant is administered. Xegh, ive also never heard of tramadol having an immuno-boosting effect, if anything it should have an opposite effect as most opiates/opioids have a bad effect in the longterm on immune system but id defo be interested if you can provide a source.
OP your behaviour is risky at the least and dangerous/lethal at the worst. Im not meaning to be confrontational but please dont mix benzos and alcohol its a dangerous practice thats doomed to end up in a day out at your local hospitals emergency room. Mixing in an opioid is more then foolhardy. tramadol and diazepam is a safe enough mix in reasonable doses but as with alot of other drugs, adding any alcohol completely throws away any safety margin you might otherwise have had. The reason all cns depressing meds have do not drink alcohol on the box is because of the huge unpredictability inherent in this practice.

LaCaster unfortunately there is another study that is coming to mind but that was just a quick search where they studied the long term tramadol patients over a period of 4 years, against a controlled study and found that the control contracted more colds, flu's and generally had higher rate of illness then patients on tramadol i believe the dose was 50mgs daily.

I will look into it so i can source it correctly.

Xegh, I take it all back.lol great links really interesting read and taught me a good lesson in winding my neck in!lol :-D

Xegh, I take it all back.lol great links really interesting read and taught me a good lesson in winding my neck in!lol :-D

HAHA do not think winding your neck in is necessary!!! Its a drug i have been interested in for a long time so have tried to study up!

it is a shitty drug. very limited opiate action, and causes seizures in low doses. it also affects multiple different parts of the brain such as being a SRA, NRI, NMDA-blocker, opiate-agonist, sigma-1 agonist, nicotinic ach antagonist, ect... giving the user a very dirty and shitty feeling

NRI's aren't recreational in my opinion lol

bunge, you do have a point about not mixing opiates and benzos, but tramadol is an exception to this rule. IMO taking tramadol with a benzo is safer than taking ultram without a benzo. also, the OP has a tolerance to benzos

damnn 2-6mgs klonopin? thats alot of fucking klonopin! no wonder you dont feel the valium!! dude, i have been taking benzos including klonopin for years and i only need 1-2mgs klonopin, even after years of on and off use...

Yeah, I seem to have a naturally high tolerance to just about everything. It kinda sucks.

giving the user a very dirty and shitty feeling

Well that is purely an opinion, but thanks for sharing.

My opinion would be different, but there we are we have different bodies and the effects are clearly very different. Some people find strong opiates horrible and hate the drugged up feeling and dont feel any euphoria from it. Are we then to suppose that the user of strong opiates will find them horrible and dirty.

Hope you can understand that being heavily opinionated is not helpful. Especially saying its a shitty drug, that is basically a throw away comment.