Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(TRAMADOL/250mg) - Acquainted - Questioning the Surprise Stimulation

Expansion420

Bluelighter
Yesterday I decided to eat some tramadol I had laying around. I was not expecting much from it, I had it leftover from a hospital visit a few months back and decided what the fuck.

T+0:00- Swallowed 150mg tramadol with a glass of water. I laid in bed and put on some tunes.
T+0:30- Swallowed 100mg tramadol with another glass of water.
T+1:30- I notice an urge to be productive. I am compelled to clean my filthy room.
T+3:00- I am maintaining a happiness and a confidence that is unfamiliar to me. I am doing laundry and dishes and I don't know why.
T+4:00- I begin scratching my nose persistently. This escalates to scratching my chest, followed by my back. I am sweating.
T+5:00- At the peak of what I consider my "opioid" high from this experience.
T+6:00- Still a little itchy. No noticeable lingering effects.

CONCLUSION:

Because tramadol acts not only as a partiol mu opioid receptor agonist but also as a SNRI, I hypothesize that pre-exposure to drugs which alter the levels of norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonin etc., at a frequent enough rate have altered my body's ability to endogenously produce levels of such neurotransmitters at a level that would be considered 'normal.' Thus, the high dose of tramadol caused a release of norepinephrine making me feel 'normal'. Feeling 'normal' was a motivating factor behind my decision to clean and be productive. It was only once the tramadol metabolized and began to set in did I notice its opiate-like effects. Certainly an interesting experiment.

Thoughts/Comments/Questions welcome!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tramadol
substancecode_opiates
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
jep, thats what tramadol does to you.
ime it's a common effect of opiates that they make you feel "normal"...

It's just strange that before I began frequently experimenting with other more potent substances like LSD, MDMA, DMT, etc... whenever I would take tramadol, the beginning part of the experience I described here was non existent- in fact I would notice the onset of opioid effects within two hours of dosing. It is fascinating to me that I believe through my own perception of myself and knowledge of my past I was able to hypothesize a deficiency in neurotransmitter production, and I have this experience to validate the notion.

It's just strange that before I began frequently experimenting with other more potent substances like LSD, MDMA, DMT, etc... whenever I would take tramadol, the beginning part of the experience I described here was non existent- in fact I would notice the onset of opioid effects within two hours of dosing.

It's funny that you're mentioning this, because for me it's exactly the same. But i've taken mostly some 4-subbed Tryptamines in the past time and other compounds that also act on serotonin. Seems like this had a positive impact on my receptors.

Thanks for the report.

The handful of times I tried tramadol I had no opiate tolerance but was rather depressed so was looking for any little kind of kick to get my mind off of it - this may have played a role though I'm not sure.

I got a good kick off 4 25mg Ultram tablets. I noticed a euphoric state not unlike the one you described, but I'm not sure whether to attribute this to the SNRI action or the mu-agonism action of the drug. The pharmacology is a bit complex so it's what I'd call a "pain in the ass drug".

After that day I couldn't get any kind of kick at all. I didn't have any tolerance to opiates or SNRI's at the time and had not taken them regularly for a number of years. Prior to this I was on Effexor from age 15 to age 19 in what I would call "blatant disregard for the Hippocratic oath" on the part of a slimy fink doctor.

I had dabbled on and off with opiates during that time as well, though never found them interesting enough to take any more often then once every now and then. Still led to a natural tolerance I still hold to this day, but thankfully, no addiction.

If only benzos were that easy to stay away from :\

I am interested in O-desmethyl tramadol and would love to read a really comprehensive report comparing the two pro/con style.

Thanks for the report.

I had dabbled on and off with opiates during that time as well, though never found them interesting enough to take any more often then once every now and then. Still led to a natural tolerance I still hold to this day, but thankfully, no addiction.

If only benzos were that easy to stay away from :\

I feel you man, I am the same way with opiates. I can rail an Opana Friday night and eat Codeine Sunday night with no risk of addiction. (Never have I done that, though. Tried hydromorphone once, was plenty experience for me, same with diacteylmorphine). We are among the lucky few.

I am interested in O-desmethyl tramadol and would love to read a really comprehensive report comparing the two pro/con style.
Likewise. The pharmacology of o-desmethyl is extremely intriguing.

Yeah to me opiates aren't worth the money, first off.

Second the high is nothing like the euphoria I get from a myriad of other, cheaper, and more creatively expansive chemicals that are easier to get.

I'll take it as a kick, but the last time I did heroin I woke up with such terrible itching it actually nullified the euphoric componant COMPLETELY.

If I want hedonism I'll go for MDA, 6-APB or Ketamine. Benzodiazapines are always preferable, but I'm in the midst of a benzo taper so I can't feel anything past .5 mg of klonopin regardless of dose. And I just quit booze but when I did drink (7 years worth of it) it was always preferable to opiates.

Anyone with experience with both tramadol, Odesmethyl, and AH1719 (is that right? you know the morphine analog) should chime in and compare these newer substances to each other and other opiates as well. We need a viable alternative to street opiates to reduce crime, violence, and prosecution. In short, we need to destroy less lives. I suppose there is always kratom... If only it were cheaper.

150mg of tramadols is the perfect dose to p[ick you up from feeling glum and make you really pro active and optimistic, take em when i have to go work feeling shit about life, always works :)

the high is nothing like the euphoria I get from a myriad of other, cheaper, and more creatively expansive chemicals that are easier to get.

I'll take it as a kick, but the last time I did heroin I woke up with such terrible itching it actually nullified the euphoric component COMPLETELY.

This. LSD, Psilocybin/Psilocin, DMT, hell Nitrous Oxide for that matter. I'd so much rather go the psychedelic route than the self destruction route. More like self construction. :)

The one and only time I tried smack I weighed out all but 5mg and snorted it. I have little opiate tolerance, I just manage their effects quite well, but heroin blew me away. The morning after I too suffered from horrible itching and nausea/vomiting. It was an experience I was too curious to pass up, but I do not need to repeat it.

Currently I'm digging MXE as a really good, non abusable zen drug.

Ketamine is too moreish and hedonistic.

DXM is great but not as spiritual and too serotonergic/adranergic to use (although I will in a a pinch).

Not to mention the awesome power NMDA antagonists are showing with reducing and or reversing tolerance to just about ANYTHING under the sun. I was able to go from 4mg klonopin a day to about .5 mg in a month using dxm polistirex twice daily in 30mg incriments, and once spent 3 days using small intermittant doses of MXE and was able to ward off klonopin w/d for 3 full days. Not to mention the value they cause in using dexedrine long term for inattentive type ADD. (memantine works just as well mind you.)

NMDA antagonists are the future of sustainable medicine.

/rant

But yeah I'm also on a natural kick after doing synthetics for so long - the whole 2c-alphabet, the APB's, MDxxx, the tryptamine synthetics, all of the analogs.

Now I have a date with ayahuasca, mescaline cactus, and the mushroom I cultivate so often (though not in many years).

I've found if you grow these plants and nurture them yourself, the experience is sevenfold in profundity.

Thou, I have never heard of NMDA antagonists being used for reverse tolerance- highly intrigued. PM me on your MXE use, that is incredible to me. Congratulations.
MXE has been described to me by a close friend as "more stimulating" than ketamine with less of a 'pull'. I enjoy an hour with K, but only if I have my own vial. I have had a couple bad experiences with powder street ketamine. MXE is certainly in my near future.

I have not had reliable access to any of the APB's or synthetic tryptamines and will not risk accidents with already experimental chemicals. I can be patient with them.

If only tramadol was capable of producing profound pharmacological wonders!

Last edited:
Thanks for the report.

I'm on some tramadol right now, in the later stage. (I have plenty of prior experience with it)
Just wanted to say that O-desmethyltramadol, from what I remember of it was very much like if you compare the first stage of a tramadol experience to the second one, then O-desmethyl is not only much like the second stage, it is like continuing in that directing as if there were a third stage. It seems to lack most if not all of the norepinephrin / serotonin effects, while even in the later stage of a tramadol experience there is still some of that lingering.
ODT was very pleasurable for me, especially because I like moderate opioids maybe even more than oxy for example. (Although hydrocodone and morphine did kick ass). I guess it doesn't scare me as much. And it feels a bit less pointless than codeine.

Just wanted to say that O-desmethyltramadol, from what I remember of it was very much like if you compare the first stage of a tramadol experience to the second one, then O-desmethyl is not only much like the second stage, it is like continuing in that directing as if there were a third stage.

Fascinating! I would love to experience the third stage! Is O-desmethyl available legally? I am unfamiliar with the legal status. To be honest I did not even know that the drug existed outside of the human body. I knew that tramadol metabolizes into ODT in the liver, I was unaware that it could be synthesized.

EDIT: I guess anything can be synthesized...

Last edited:
^ Of course, but there is no lab which is producing Odt anymore and as it seems, it won't reappear. A shame because it was lovely :(

150mg of tramadols is the perfect dose to p[ick you up from feeling glum and make you really pro active and optimistic, take em when i have to go work feeling shit about life, always works :)

Completely agree, still pretty lucky haven't built up a tolerance to it yet so get the same feeling from 100mg zydol as I used to after the first few lines of coke..

I love trams my mom gets em and I think they give you a nice mellow speed high.. And also is a godsend for WD