• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bluehues... I really appreciate the advice! I have used strips before but more on the abusive side of the fence rather than what they are prescribed for and feel the w/ds are worse than opiates. How long (hours) after last bump of H should I wait before starting the strip taper process? And if done correctly how intense do u expect the ending w/d's to be? Anxiety, RLS, insomnia ect. Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it.

Fold the Suboxone strip evenly into 8 squares, this is easily done by folding it in half three times. Reinforce the folds by folding hard along the lines you made after folding it the first time, this will make it easier to rip them off as you need them. always tear them vertically towards you, don't try pulling them sideways or they'll stretch without ripping. also, when you dose it, since you have such a small amount, make absolute sure that you are putting it under your tongue. If you mess up placing the strips, they will stick to wherever they hit in your mouth that's wet. Using a mirror is the best way. I can't tell you how many I've lost through improper placement!

You should have 8 squares that are 1mg each.

Wait until you are completely in full WD and take 2 squares, or you could take one and then another one an hour later just to make sure you're in enough WD for it to work.

I would dose once a day

2mg
1.5 mg
1 mg
1mg
1 mg
.5 mg
.5 mg
.25 mg, 50 mgs of tramadol 12 hours after dosing the Suboxone
.25 mg, 50 mgs of tramadol 12 hours after dosing the suboxone
0mgs suboxone and 50mgs of tramadol twice daily until you run out of tramadol

^that's how I would do it, feel free to throw in some benzos or whatever other supplements at the end too, just don't mess with any other opioids

Now there is some good info. People like me need that kind of advice. That's exactly what I'm going to do when I make the switch. It seems so scary to switch. I need to continue life and switching makes me wonder.

I have to get off this drug , I don't like it anymore. The high isn't what it used to be. It keeps sucking you in. Your body just says fuck it take more.

I have 9 strips and valium and xanax. I also have some clonidine just in case.

I have to do it this week. I know paws will be a bitch. I've quit before but only stayed clean for 3 months or about. after the first month I was ok but I quit CT. So I really was never 100% in the 3 months. Then I started chipping. Now I'm like 3-4months solid use every day.But my tolly is high. I take 90mg 3 times a day now sometimes more. That gets me high. I only need 60 mg 3 times a day to stay ok.

Thanks bluehues... I really appreciate the advice! I have used strips before but more on the abusive side of the fence rather than what they are prescribed for and feel the w/ds are worse than opiates. How long (hours) after last bump of H should I wait before starting the strip taper process? And if done correctly how intense do u expect the ending w/d's to be? Anxiety, RLS, insomnia ect. Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it.

I would wait 24 hours at a minimum! this detox regimen will work better the longer you can make yourself wait to take the first dose of Suboxone. I'd wait as long as you can possibly stand it to take that first dose. the hard part will be sticking to the regimen and following the dosing schedule perfectly, because your instinct will be telling you to take more and to dose earlier.

If you follow that schedule exactly that I just wrote, it will be one of those detoxes where you're gonna feel mild to moderate WD symptoms throughout the whole thing at different points, but that's a good thing when you're detoxing. If you feel comfortable and normal throughout the whole thing, it's gonna just hit you all at once at the end when you run out of meds.

the whole idea of a taper is to take the absolute bare minimum you need to keep bad WDs away and then slowly cut down from there. How long you're gonna feel uncomfortable after you run out of the meds is impossible to say. If you haven't used opiates that long, I think that detox regimen should get you 75-85% of the way through everything without feeling too bad. It might get bad on the first day you don't take any opioids, but it shouldn't last long. In fact, the type and amount of medication you have for your particular situation seems like the perfect amount to really detox with. If you have too much just lying around, you'll end up just dragging it out for ever and essentially "maintaining" yourself on the detox meds....

You're gonna have to really wanna do this and be able to tough it out, and don't just decide to take more than the taper dictates or you'll really screw yourself!

Good luck

post 986' Slum Survivor:
"it had been 18 hours since my dope shot, and i had been off sub for 30 hours before i took my shot of dope. so when i went to re-dose the sub it had been 48 hours since i had took any sub. only took ONE day off to get high, and only got high once."

re PW with sub 4mg 18 hours after "3 bags of dope":

perhaps a significant amount of methadone was present in the preparation (dope) taken -- this would explain the puzzle

methadone would still be on the receptors as a pure mu agonist 18 hours after administration; Suboxone could then cause PW

Last edited:
"KyBupeDoc"..lol, is that like "Kentucky Bupe Doc" or "K-Y Bupe Doc"...the latter seems more appropriate to me considering how Sub doctors can be!

Dope cut with methadone? Nice theory but that's a long shot...

Hang in there aesthetics im rootin for ya! Plz keep us updated when you start to feel good

I'm still going strong! about 2 1/2 weeks off the H and 182 hours since my last 1mg sub, a side of heart palpitations for a couple nights a few days ago, now just mild ones at night most the symptoms are gone, I am sweating pretty heavy at night but compared to where I was, I feel better, but I still feel like butt. I just got that mal nourished feeling and that feeling like my body just recovered from getting hit by a mac truck, but I have been working 12 hour shifts. The anxiety and that horrible pressure in my head and chest that felt like a demon being exorcised out my body is gone.. To me it seems that it is over, but my body is still healing from all the abuse, oh yeah by the way I have no trouble sleeping at night with no help from anything now, slept 8 hours a night on my own the last 3 nights..

See! You're over it! Usually once it starts coming and going in waves you're near the end...with a straight detox from Suboxone itself that phase can drag on for quite awhile, but you're done! Congratulations!

See! You're over it! Usually once it starts coming and going in waves you're near the end...with a straight detox from Suboxone itself that phase can drag on for quite awhile, but you're done! Congratulations!

Thanks! I really feel I wouldn't of made it without the enlightenment you guys blessed me with on here, some of it I didn't wanna hear, like I was trying to convince myself I was over it pre-mature, but you guys we're blunt with me and I respect that. I do feel it's over and hearing it from you really puts it in stone for me, I never thought opioid withdrawal would suck so much, everyone just told me it takes 3 days and with suboxone you don't have to feel any of the withdrawal, then your good! ahahaha what a bunch of hogwash that turned out to be, more like 3 weeks to a month. It's really the duration that got me, I have been through full blown alcohol withdrawal and the symptoms were much worse, but much shorter.. Welp the scar has formed, but at least that godforsaken pulsating wound of opiate withdrawal is gone..

This question I have tried to figure out for so long lol but I finally think I got it figured out for me at least.. First off I used to be on bupe maintenance but lost my script a few months ago and since then I have been switching. Back and fourth from shooting bupe to dope (choosejv dope when it's in the budget lol). But I have found that between 1-2 mg of bupe will take care of my withdrawl s while still leaveing the door open for doing dope just 20-24 hours later. I also have a fast metabolism and shoot my bupe so this is a factor but since I've gotten into this routine I have felt zero blocking power from the bupe after 20-24 hours

Hope that helps someone cuz this question annoyed the shit outta me for so long but through trial and error everyone can find a sure fire system that will work for them

he doesnt normally take subs but have them for when he need a break or dont wanna w/d. my dog took .75-1.5mg of a sub strip this morning at 8 am. but he smoked a cig during and als o ingested water. (which it says not to do) it is now 7.5hrs later and he ingested 25mg of hydro's. starting to feel them.

^^^ oh right on enjoy your high. were there any questions you had? This thread is really old and for future dont drink water, smoke, talk or swallow while Suboxone is under your tounge. Nicotine and caffeine contracts the blood vessels under the tounge causing less medicine to be absorbed so no coffee or cigs at least a half hour before dosing. And you say your dog ate your Suboxone? Its against the rules to use terms like that please refer to yourself as I there is no need to call yourself "your dog", SWIM or your pet unicorn here on Bluelight.

Thread Version 1.0
Thread Version 2.0
Thread Version 3.0
Thread Version 4.0
Thread Version 5.0
Thread Version 6.0
Thread Version 7.0
Thread Version 8.0
Thread Version 9.0
Thread Version 10.0
Thread Version 11.0
Thread Version 12.0
Thread Version 13.0
Thread Version 14.0
Thread Version 15.0
Thread Version 16.0

Thread Version 17&18

What: Suboxone = buprenorphine/naloxone. Bupe is a partial agonist(mu) and antagonist(kappa). Bupe has higher mu affinity that most opiates, including some antagonists(naloxone, naltrexone). Its higher affinity allows you to shoot suboxone tablets. It also may cause precipitated withdrawals if you are dependant on other opiates. Also, its higher affinity blocks the affects of other opiates when taken in conjunction with bupe.

Dose: Depends on tolerance. .25-1mg(max) is a typical recreational dose for someone with no tolerance. Bupe is incredibly potent and those with no tolerance report many ill effects like vomiting, sweating, headaches, etc, if exceeding those doses. If you're using bupe to taper off of another opiate, you should dose once you're experiencing wd's(typically 36-48 hrs. for most opiates). Start with 2-4mgs and dose at 2mg increments every 30-45minutes until a dose holds you. Most people take their full dose once a day.

Withdrawal: Typical physical and psychological symptoms associated with opiate withdrawal. Insomnia, chills, diarrhea, depression, anxiety, lacrimation, sweating, increased heart rate, etc. They are not as strong as a full agonist's symptoms, but may last longer. Physical symptoms last 1-2 weeks on average and psychological symptoms may last months.

As most opiates, it's recommended to taper down to the lowest dose possible before stopping. <1mg is ideal. The best way to dose at that level is to crush up a tablet and divide the powder into lower doses.

Ceiling: 24-32mgs

Bioavailability: Buprenorphine bioavailabilities:

intraduodenal: 9.7%

intrahepatoportal: 49%

intramuscular: 68%
"The observed mean intramuscular bioavailability was 68%"
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the intramuscular (bioavailability, 50%–100%)"

intranasal: 50%
"Studies of buprenorphine bioavailability have also examined the [...] intranasal (bioavailability, 48%)
"The bioavailability of buprenorphine, HCl (BPP) in sheep after nasal administration of two formulations has been studied. 0.9 mg BPP in 150 microl was administered nasally and compared to 0.6 mg i.v. The test solutions were formulated with 30% polyethylene glycol 300 (PEG 300) and 5% dextrose, respectively. The bioavailability for PEG 300 was 70% (S.D.+/-27%, n=6), whereas the bioavailability for 5% dextrose was 89% (S.D.+/-23%, n=6)."
"Mean intranasal bioavailability was 48.2 +/- 8.35% (mean +/- s.e.m.) of the intravenous value"

intrarectal: 54%
"bioavailability of the drug was found to be: [... ]intrarectal (54%)..."
"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] intrarectal, 54%..."

intravenous: 98%-100%

oral: 10%
"the oral bioavailability for buprenorphine is state to be 10%"
"due to extensive first-pass metabolism, buprenorphine has very poor oral bioavailability (10% of the intravenous route) if swallowed"

sublingual: ~30%
"Buprenorphine is well absorbed sublingually, with 60% to 70% of the bioavailability of intravenous doses"
"Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%"
"Literature on bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine presents variable numbers ranging from. 19–58% of the administered dose."

"Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were [...] sublingual, 13%"

transdermal: 15%

Other Notes:

• Bupe is CIII in the US.
  • Metabolized by CYP3A4(see potentiation thread for potentiators).
  • Half-life: 37 hours.
  • Drug tests: Not detected by regular 5 panel tests.
  • A interesting thread by 'medicine cabinet' about a new version of Suboxone that's currently being tested can be found here.
  • Buprenorphine gets metabolized into norbuprenorphine and into conjugated buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine.

p05331b1.jpg

Subutex

p05331a6.jpg

Suboxone

Buprenorphine4%28a%29.preview.jpg

Generic Subutex Manufacturer: Roxane

bupr5378.jpg
bupr5379.jpg

Generic 2mg Manufacturer: Teva | Generic 8mg Manufacturer: Teva

sub01-0005-11.jpg

12mg Suboxone Film Strip

RBK12080.JPG

8mg Suboxone Film Strip

RBK12020.JPG

2mg Suboxone Film Strip

bupe_tablets.jpg

Temgesic, 0.2mg

16buprenex.jpg

Buprenex Ampules

zubsolv_r_411626.jpg

Zubsolv 1.4mg/.36mg and 5.7mg/1.4mg

zubsolv-vs-suboxone-g.png

Zubsolv vs Suboxone Comparison

Locate a doctor that prescribes Suboxone.

Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone for Low Income Patients

[/QUOTE]

Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use**
Buprenex - should I IM or IV?
Buprenorphine and Antihistamine IV FAQ
Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?
Buprenorphine dosages commonly prescribed are unnecessarily high
Buprenorphine for depression?
Buprenorphine patches
Buprenorphine withdrawals?
Ketoconazole Potenation of Suboxone
Mephedrone and Buprenorphine
Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ - How to Micron Filter Suboxone
Nasal Administration of Suboxone - Issues
Rectal (Plugging) Buprenorphine
Suboxone in place of Naloxone in the event of an opiate overdose*
Suboxone sublingual film official thread
Subutex has gone generic
Tramadol and Suboxone

Discussion in the Suboxone mega thread goes along quite quickly, so we have a few other threads to promote intermediate/advanced discussion of buprenorphine and its formulations. These threads are meant to divert some of the more advanced discussion that otherwise becomes buried in the mega thread.

If there's another link you think which would go well in this list of related buprenorphine threads, please let me know. We're trying to reserve extra threads on buprenorphine for more intermediary/advanced discussion mostly to reserve the mega thread for a place for questions that can be answered quickly, and the other threads for a place for questions which will otherwise not get the same discussion going on in the mega thread, due to its quick pace.

If you have an idea for a new thread on buprenorphine, it's probably best to figure out by talking to a moderator first to see if it's thread worthy or should be discussed in the mega thread.

*Not Advised. Opiate antagonists are the only safe thing to do in case of an opiate overdose. Please do not give people Suboxone if they have overdosed.
**also known as "6/7's method" or "SixPartSeven's method"

Suboxone + Kratom = ?

Can y'all feel kratom on you're normal bupe dose? I'm taking about the opioid effects not just stim. I can feel it on lower doses, but I've heard people say they can feel it on they're normal dose. What's y'all's experience?

Oh btw do you guys have an opinion on the amneal generics?
http://www.drugs.com/imprints/a-14-20650.html

Hey peeps, I have been on 2 8 mg strips for bout 4+ yrs and I recently saw a new doc because I suffer from server general and social anxiety disorder. This was a month a half ago he put me on bupropion and alprazolam (small dose) because I have panic attacks and everything that goes with anxiety. That doc new about my suboxone script and we have tried every drug available before moving onto the zanax. It finally finally was something that was helping. Well until my sub doc of 4+ yrs wasn't gonna have it. I have never failed a test for her and even got to the point where I haven't even been tested in 9 months. I brought my zan bottle with me to prove I wasn't abusing them also. I know the whole bupe and benzo is a no/ no combo, but its a risk worth reward situation with me. My anxiety is so bad that its worth the risk and my one doc agreed. Since my sub doc doesn't i really want off the Subs. My goal is by February when I'll have the vacation days and supplies. I am a cold turkey kind of person so my plan is to slowly wean off the sub before "the week of death". My plan is to get 3-4 g's of "H" and bout 100 zanax bars. I figured I'd switch to the H for a good 2 weeks to rid the bupe out my system, then try to survive the 7-10 days of hell using the bars. I would rather take all the hell right away and slowly get better than slowly get sicker and sicker. I am pretty confident that I can leave the opiates alone after this whole ordeal. Its been 2 yrz since I've even did any opiates. I have no desire for them. I know being on the benzo is a whole other issue but like I said I have a very serious anxiety problem that I am willing to take the risks. All I know is "F" Reckitt Benckiser for their so called wonder drug. I know that they saved many of you guys and that's good. Just the way they had the docs push them and the "cough cough" corrupt $ behind "Suboxone" is a straight shame. Thanks to anybody who reads or takes the time to respond to this post.

help!

Hey peeps, I have been on 2 8 mg strips for bout 4+ yrs and I recently saw a new doc because I suffer from server general and social anxiety disorder. This was a month a half ago he put me on bupropion and alprazolam (small dose) because I have panic attacks and everything that goes with anxiety. That doc new about my suboxone script and we have tried every drug available before moving onto the zanax. It finally finally was something that was helping. Well until my sub doc of 4+ yrs wasn't gonna have it. I have never failed a test for her and even got to the point where I haven't even been tested in 9 months. I brought my zan bottle with me to prove I wasn't abusing them also. I know the whole bupe and benzo is a no/ no combo, but its a risk worth reward situation with me. My anxiety is so bad that its worth the risk and my one doc agreed. Since my sub doc doesn't i really want off the Subs. My goal is by February when I'll have the vacation days and supplies. I am a cold turkey kind of person so my plan is to slowly wean off the sub before "the week of death". My plan is to get 3-4 g's of "H" and bout 100 zanax bars. I figured I'd switch to the H for a good 2 weeks to rid the bupe out my system, then try to survive the 7-10 days of hell using the bars. I would rather take all the hell right away and slowly get better than slowly get sicker and sicker. I am pretty confident that I can leave the opiates alone after this whole ordeal. Its been 2 yrz since I've even did any opiates. I have no desire for them. I know being on the benzo is a whole other issue but like I said I have a very serious anxiety problem that I am willing to take the risks. All I know is "F" Reckitt Benckiser for their so called wonder drug. I know that they saved many of you guys and that's good. Just the way they had the docs push them and the "cough cough" corrupt $ behind "Suboxone" is a straight shame. Thanks to anybody who reads or takes the time to respond to this post.

Is this posted in wrong thread? Or is this just a dead one?

Etiz + Bupe... So there's no weird long (or short; haven't noticed) interactions b/w these 2 substance.. Only use the the etiz for insomnia or when stressed during day.. I like it b/c etiz doesn't pack a 'punch' like Xanax and Temazepam (rarely-great4sleep); which is really only the other benzo's to be had. Etiz can be take in the day time, at reasonable theraputic doses, and not make one loopy and act a fool.. I am assuming its safe to take, while on subs, just wondering sense it's not technically a 'benzo' but a 'theino'...:\

Last edited:
I know this thread is mega old, but i'm not going to browse through the whole web page to find a recent post. Anyways... SWIM can do 3 bags in the cooker, and wait from 10 and a half hours to "12 hours (standard timing)" and luckily SWIM has never undergone precipitated withdrawals. SWIM noticed after SWIM's pupils start to dilate and is somewhat in withdrawal. SWIM knows to take suboxone saftely without the fear of precipitated withdrawals. SWIM has experimented with different dosages of suboxone. SWIM consumes 1mg of bupe, waits roughly 4-6 hrs, SCORES!. Consuming 2mg of bupe, waits 10-12 hrs SCORES! 4mg of bupe tried (8mg and SWIM did not score), waits 26-27 hrs SCORES! 8mg of bupe, waits 40-48 SCORES not intensely though :-\ SWIM tried higher doses like 16mg, but isn't even worth the time to wait. Because as it's wearing off, by the second day SWIM doesn't get proper sleep. SWIM only plays around with smaller doses, 4mg and under. At 8mg meiosis commences to emerge into effect just like a full agonist like methadone, heroin etc.

SWIM notices the best transition is to wait untiI SWIM feels
PHYSICAL
1. Hollow
2. Lethargic (No energy)
3. Mild chills w/hot and cold flashes
4. Dilated pupils
5. Excessive saliva (for those who get that would understand)
6. Tries to close SWIM'S eyes, they open up almost as if they open up by themselves (that insomnia feeling)

PHYSIOLOGICALLY SENSITIVE.

MENTAL
1. When you could no longer tolerate conversations
2. Everything seems loud
3. Craving un-controllably
4. Feels like SWIM wants to isolate

The listing above are the symptoms SWIM awaits for.

NOTE: SWIM never tried this experiment with Pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.