• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos High dose of Clonazepam producing no effect! No tolerance to benzos! Help!

OK, your PMID 14578014 still returns a 404 from Wiley. Yes, the abstract is good, I just get a sad when an open-access paper turns out to not be there.

Now, the study you think is about PAWS is of course, not at all about PAWS if you read the abstract. For one, PAWS is not a medically recognized condition, just a vaguely defined set of possible emotional labilities that may come with abstinence. And, this says more about the psychology of dependence than it does about the med.

Oh, and I know it's simple for you, after all the nootropics, but as it says in the first line, their reason for the study was the conflicting results for research on your miracle benzo cure:

The benzodiazepine antagonist flumazenil has reduced, increased or not affected hostility and aggression in animal and human studies
So, which of those three is most correct?

Here's what they did: they took some "patients" who were once dependent on benzos, but have been abstinent for at least 47 weeks. Meaning, they are not in withdrawal, and they are not in PAWS, because there's no output for that. Like taking ten alcoholics, all of whom have been sober for two years.

They dosed them, the "patients" because that's a convenient term, and "controls", because that's easier than "normal people who never got hooked on xannies/k-pins/eties/triazoloeties" with either saline or flumazenil, thus inducing a withdrawal-like syndrome. In everyone. Because it's an antagonist. No one was in withdrawal when it started, post acute or otherwise.

Here's what they found: numbers are skewed in other studies because the former benzo addicts were all especially bitchy to begin with. They were aggressive and hostile when sent into withdrawal with the first shot, more than the controls. At least, that's for the saline shot. That's right, when former benzo dependents just thought they were being given an "anti-benzo" they got terribly aggressive and hostile.

When they got flumazenil, they started off aggressively, but calmed down to control levels around four shots in. They might have had a taste of some partial agonism at diverse receptor sites.

The conclusion there is that your own mind is responsible for a lot more of the withdrawal symptoms you experience than you want to believe, and from a purely stats perspective, ignoring context, you could make the argument that genuine shots of flumazenil are better for made-up symptoms than placebo shots for the same thing, when you're already a benzo addict with neuroses about benzos.

I don't support that kind of bullshit used as argument though.

No ones uses them outside of a clinic? Hahaha. Wow oblivious much? It's been prescribed in topical cream and sublingual tablets from compounding pharmacies to patients with hyper-insomnia. So yeah doctor's have been prescribing this for years to outpatients and I see no reports or studies showing any concerning side effects as a results of that. Yet you say it's complex and dangerous? Based on what?

I see a greenlighter oblivious to his many warnings. Of course doctors have been prescribing this for years, did I not just say its FDA approved, been around for a while, used routinely for post-operative waking? What it's not approved for is oblivious suburbanites with PRN Xanax scripts and their thieving grandchildren who got themselves hooked, started ordering online and now can't quit cold without seizing. And the folks with anxiety disorders who tried some benzos a few times, until they were taken in by trolls who led them to fresh delusions about side effects benzos just don't have, and online con-men who try to sell them snake oil cures.

How does that equal excessive daytime sleepiness, Oh hyper-aware one? How does narcolepsy enter in to this, unless you want a script for yourself that works so you can still sell your Dexedrine to your classmates? I'll admit I haven't seen ABC news or any TV in a long time, or I'd know, like every one else. Alas, I'm merely a mod of a drug forum, with no life and stims, who spends like 14 non-masturbating hours a day reading up on which drugs folks are putting up their butts lately (gabapentin, btw).

No one has discovered that flumazenil works wonders for their benzo withdrawal symptoms, but their insurance won't cover that unapproved use so they turn to the dark web to order it. They do it for diarrhea medicine, they'd do it for this. Thus, no one outside the rare Italian clinic.

So enough of the hypersomnia. We're inducing it in others.

OK, your PMID 14578014 still returns a 404 from Wiley. Yes, the abstract is good, I just get a sad when an open-access paper turns out to not be there.

Now, the study you think is about PAWS is of course, not at all about PAWS if you read the abstract. For one, PAWS is not a medically recognized condition, just a vaguely defined set of possible emotional labilities that may come with abstinence. And, this says more about the psychology of dependence than it does about the med.

Oh, and I know it's simple for you, after all the nootropics, but as it says in the first line, their reason for the study was the conflicting results for research on your miracle benzo cure:

The benzodiazepine antagonist flumazenil has reduced, increased or not affected hostility and aggression in animal and human studies
So, which of those three is most correct?

Here's what they did: they took some "patients" who were once dependent on benzos, but have been abstinent for at least 47 weeks. Meaning, they are not in withdrawal, and they are not in PAWS, because there's no output for that. Like taking ten alcoholics, all of whom have been sober for two years.

They dosed them, the "patients" because that's a convenient term, and "controls", because that's easier than "normal people who never got hooked on xannies/k-pins/eties/triazoloeties" with either saline or flumazenil, thus inducing a withdrawal-like syndrome. In everyone. Because it's an antagonist. No one was in withdrawal when it started, post acute or otherwise.

Here's what they found: numbers are skewed in other studies because the former benzo addicts were all especially bitchy to begin with. They were aggressive and hostile when sent into withdrawal with the first shot, more than the controls. At least, that's for the saline shot. That's right, when former benzo dependents just thought they were being given an "anti-benzo" they got terribly aggressive and hostile.

When they got flumazenil, they started off aggressively, but calmed down to control levels around four shots in. They might have had a taste of some partial agonism at diverse receptor sites.

The conclusion there is that your own mind is responsible for a lot more of the withdrawal symptoms you experience than you want to believe, and from a purely stats perspective, ignoring context, you could make the argument that genuine shots of flumazenil are better for made-up symptoms than placebo shots for the same thing, when you're already a benzo addict with neuroses about benzos.

I don't support that kind of bullshit used as argument though.

I see a greenlighter oblivious to his many warnings. Of course doctors have been prescribing this for years, did I not just say its FDA approved, been around for a while, used routinely for post-operative waking? What it's not approved for is oblivious suburbanites with PRN Xanax scripts and their thieving grandchildren who got themselves hooked, started ordering online and now can't quit cold without seizing. And the folks with anxiety disorders who tried some benzos a few times, until they were taken in by trolls who led them to fresh delusions about side effects benzos just don't have, and online con-men who try to sell them snake oil cures.

How does that equal excessive daytime sleepiness, Oh hyper-aware one? How does narcolepsy enter in to this, unless you want a script for yourself that works so you can still sell your Dexedrine to your classmates? I'll admit I haven't seen ABC news or any TV in a long time, or I'd know, like every one else. Alas, I'm merely a mod of a drug forum, with no life and stims, who spends like 14 non-masturbating hours a day reading up on which drugs folks are putting up their butts lately (gabapentin, btw).

No one has discovered that flumazenil works wonders for their benzo withdrawal symptoms, but their insurance won't cover that unapproved use so they turn to the dark web to order it. They do it for diarrhea medicine, they'd do it for this. Thus, no one outside the rare Italian clinic.

So enough of the hypersomnia. We're inducing it in others.

Works for me obviously an issue on your end. If you think only conditions recognized by the financial business who dictates what conditions are and has a say to a degree in what insurance covers are real you are delusional. There are many conditions currently science is way behind on and many new conditions listed all the time. Many studies have shown benzo use can cause PAWS and many studies have shown benzos can down-regulate receptors. Many studies also show Flu upregs receptors when used chronically and reverses many symptoms of PAWS.

You would either have a severe lacking of research knowledge or delusional not to acknowledge this.

"J Psychopharmacol. 1992 Jan;6(3):357-63. doi: 10.1177/026988119200600303.
A pilot study of the effects of flumazenil on symptoms persisting after benzodiazepine withdrawal.

A study into the effects of the benzodiazepine receptor antagonist, flumazenil, on benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms persisting after withdrawal was carried out by Lader and Morton. Study subjects had been benzodiazepine-free for between one month and five years, but all reported persisting withdrawal effects to varying degrees. Persistent symptoms included clouded thinking, tiredness, muscular symptoms such as neck tension, depersonalisation, cramps and shaking and the characteristic perceptual symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal, namely, pins and needles feeling, burning skin, pain and subjective sensations of bodily distortion. Therapy with 0.2–2 mg of flumazenil intravenously was found to decrease these symptoms in a placebo-controlled study."

You said point blank no one uses it outside of clinics and the research clearly shows it helps people with PAWS. So you think it's not at all effective, PAWS doesn't exist, all these studies are fake, and have no suggestion based on clinical studies for people who experience PAWS? Seems like you would be the *troll* hurting people who need effective treatments by disregarding research and people who are suffering symptoms when facts show it can clearly help.

Umm dark web? At least 2 Pharmacies have sold it in the states. Why are you attempting to demonize it and de legitimate it's effectiveness and proven effects in studies?

Last edited:
You haven't read any of what I wrote have you.

THis was not an attack on you personally. At least it wasn't. Now you're getting rude, but worse, not reading my careful, considerate, waste of time trying to explain what it is that came up in your pubmed search results.

I'm not gonna go back and repeat my response that I already made to your "pharmacy sells it so its good for all that ails you" and "here's the third time I post the same study that I think is about PAWS but it still isn't."

So, off to the archives, gave you plenty of time and multiple responses, it's totally off topic if there ever was one.

@phDMT

I don't know where you got the alleged benzodiazepine Clonazepam. I only assume, from a USA Medical Doctor, and the
prescription, was filled at likely a chain, or independent USA pharmacy. With that being said...........................................

I have been off and on benzodiazepines, for 40 years, taking breaks, as long, once, for 7 years uninterrupted, another time,
for 10 years uninterrupted. In the here and now, at least since the year 2006, I take benzodiazepines, and, here in the USA,
I find massive quality control issues, with, these Benzo's from USA pharmacies:
1. Alprazolam (Generic Mylan sucks) just google up and look for many negative comments on Mylan generic Xanax.
2. Clonazepam (Actavis, UDL, Sandoz are "so-so" , while IMHO, Qualitest, UDL, and especially Watson generics are good, the very
best Clonazepam, I directly compare my prescription with, the Roche K Cut, "USA made Klonopin" from Roche Park, in
Nutley, New Jersey 07110 a division of Hoffman la Roche, Inc, of Basil, Switzerland. I switch back and forth this past year, from
Roche, which are very hard now to locate, and are very expensive, with, the generic Actavis, Morristown, New Jersey USA. I
find the 1 mg cut out K Roche are from 40% to 50% stronger. Why? in chemistry language, it is the "Bioavailability" difference!
3. Diazepam (same story) Roche V-Cut fancy 5mg or 10mg brand Valium, from Nutley NJ (Roche Park) are 40 to 50% stronger, than
the much cheaper, USA generic Mylan Diazepam, which in my book are trash, just like Teva diazepam. The "so-so" diazepam in
the USA are, the Roxane, UDL generics, and the best are the Qualitest, and the Watson generic Diazepam. Unfortunately, the price
range of brand, and very hard to find Roche Valium compared to any generic Valium is outrageous. I last compared USA made
V-Cut prescription 10mg blue Valiums in both 2009 and 2010. I last compared phony Roche and real Roche in a Latin country in 2012

If by chance, you are getting your Clonazepam, from anywhere outside the USA, just beware, that Roche and Pfizer products are
the most counterfeited pills IMHO, in the modern world. I have spent a small fortune, on Roche Clonazepam, in Mexico, United
Kingdom, Spain, Pakistan, Philippines, Argentina, Germany, and two countries in Eastern Europe, all known as Roche Rivotril, including
blister packs from South Africa................that..................
were only 1/2 strength (the 2 mg were all very weak, compared to the USA 1 mg Roche Klonopin. Including United Kingdom Roche Rivotril, & UK
produced Auden McKenzie generic Clonazepam 2 mg tablets.

Part of a significant problem, within the UNITED STATES, is the lack of controls, in the generic "bioavailability" of the cheap fillers
and buffers, that may make up only 20% of the medication, but it can have a powerful negative effect, on how the human body
breaks down the medicine, even worse, if one is taking more than one medication, also with cheap generic fillers and buffers. The
USA drug quality has gone downhill in the past 10 years, due to many mergers, with foreign parent pharma firms, such as...
Ranbaxy, and Teva. Other Continents have experienced similar mergers, with parent firms, who built up their business, selling to
3rd world countries, with poor quality control standards. The USA only has quality control on Generic prescription drugs in the
area of "Bioequilvalence" all based on the FDA's dependence on the USA Orange Book ratings, "18 different ratings" Source:
REDBOOK Pharmacy's Fundamental Reference 113th edition 2009. The Bioavailability can vary from 20 to 40% in the USA.

Alprazolam, varies within the USA, just like the above mentioned benzo's, with, again, Mylan being trash. It may have a Orange
Book rating of "AB" (good) for Bioequivalence, but, the Bioavailability sucks. Greenstone and Dava are far higher in USA quality.

The International Operating Pharmacies, from, all the previous countries already cited, all have a high hit ratio, for, low quality
Xanax (Tafil) due to flagrant counterfeiting, by one buying expired meds, that are excellently repackaged, but exposed to very
high heat, or, a deeply cut benzodiazepine, with a overabundance of cheap fillers and buffers, with "not the milligram content of
pill, you, the consumer, is paying for". vs. outright, duds, (a minority) but they do exist, with, only perhaps talcum powder in the
contents, bathtub quality sanitary conditions, and very poor printing presses, or substitute benzo/hypnotics/or OTC rip off meds.

I personally found in one Latin American Country, in 2012, for a pharmacist to sell me 3 different controlled drugs, Pfizer Tafil,
Roche Rivotril, and Sanofi Stilnox that were 100% fake, without a prescription, and two days later, with a M.D and a referral, to
a honest combo pharmacist/owner who spoke English, sell me the real prescription meds, that is how haphazard it is even in the
Western hemisphere, south of the USA border!!!

ZacherySwan are you still out there? I've been reading your posts lately and it's the most fascinating information I've ever read about these old substances. I also agree with you the quality of generics especially has gone down in the last 10 years. Possibly because of outsourcing and cheapening out?

When I was prescribed dextroamphetamine I went through many brands looking for the "one" without the side effects you've mentioned and settled on the Mallinckrodt 10mg diamonds. The Barr 10mg were OK, and then the newer Arbor Zenzedi 10mg, 20mg, and 30mg (which were very weird and didn't feel "right" ) But I believe the Zenzedi 30mg is the highest dose of dextroamphetamine in a pill I've ever seen! Arbor also makes Evekeo 5mg and 10mg amphetamine sulfate, as well. I wish I could send you a PM somehow, I'd love to chat.

It could be the lowering serotonin effect of Klonopin that makes you feel sober in a good way.

Had 4mg Clonazepam day or two ago and felt hardly anything. I know it's not a big dose but was expecting something from it. They were taken at the same time as well.

Wow that is an insane amount of klonopin. I would become a bear hybernating with 30 milligrams even if spaced out. If awake I'd ascend into "I will become president" with that kind of anxiety destruction.

I'm wondering if there's something unique about your chemistry that is causing you to not digest the drugs properly. I've seen people with no tolerance to opiates take whopping doses and feel absolutely nothing which is obviously dangerous as hell. Benzos also aren't so much of an effect or "high," but maybe a lack of anxiety and noticeable buzz. I tend to not find them recreational but they have a viable use/time and place.

I'm sorry this sucks. I have never heard of other medications or substances causing benzos to be unfeelable.. but maybe?

Hi. Let me start by saying that I have not taking any benzo in at least a year and several months, maybe longer. Today I consumed almost 30 mg of clonazepam (not all at once mind you, but I kept taking more due to feeling no effect). I am not trying to abuse it, I have GAD and SAD and these pills were prescribed to me.

The problem, and quite frankly the paradox of the matter, is that I have taken MUCH lower doses of clonazepam before and felt tremendous relief from my anxiety.

I am also prescribed suboxone. Is it possible the suboxone is blocking the effects of the klonopin? I know the pills are legit, unless the pharmacy themselves forged them.

I also took about 4 mg yesterday and felt the effects, but now nothing. What is the deal? I don't understand. I should be blacking out right now but I'm completely sober.

Also, they are round green pills and say Teva on one side and 833 on the other
http://www.drugs.com/imprints/teva-833-16542.html

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
I know this post is old as fuck, but I’m commenting purely for people who come across this. I’m having the same issue with clonazepam, 16mg no effect. I remember 5 or so years ago with no tolerance 2-4mg blacked me right out. Only difference from now to then is that I’m on suboxone like OP. There’s gotta be some correlation between the two because every other benzo hits me fine except for Temazepam. 6-8 mg of Xanax has me feeling nice so no way should I feel completely sober at 16mg kpins, don’t get me wrong I felt a little chill but for 16mgs…. Nothing close to what it should have been. If anyones having some issue and on suboxone I’d be curious to hear back 👍🏻