• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos High dose of Clonazepam producing no effect! No tolerance to benzos! Help!

I got to a bad place a few years ago and ate 80mg of Klonopin to try to die. I slept 14hrs and felt fine. It might kill others.

My USA Psychiatrist, who admitted to me, quote "I do not like the benzo Clonazepam" yet, since you have been with me for 13 years,
I will make a exception, and prescribe you fifteen (15) of the one milligram tabs per month!!!

Well, that is pixxing in the wind..................I have been using benzo's off and on for 40 years...I am now past 60 years old.
What I do, is order one hundred two milligram of the Roche European version, called "Rivotril" from "a Eastern European country"
and, I've done this twice before, I take about, 3x 2 mg of the Klonopin/Rivotril in the evening with about 2 pours of very pricey wine,
the drug I use, is manufactured by Ranbaxy of India, who use the old facilities of the long running Terapia pharmaceutical plant, (I think)
I'd much rather take USA made 2 mg Roche Klonopin (Clonazepam) but the retail price is prohibitive, like US nearly $3.00 each, and,
my Psychiatrist, will not write me a very large quanitity. The USA Clonazepam generics I have tried, like Mylan, just suck.

I'm sorry, but I have to bump this. I need to solve this mystery as to why 30mg of klonopins had NO effect on me. PLEASE help! I'd really appreciate it. It was at least five hours ago I took my last pill of the 30mg and still not effect. I even took a couple shots of whiskey to see if that would help, but it was to no avail. Please, please, please, I need ideas, and better yet solutions. No one answered my question as to whether or not the suboxone I took two days ago could be the culprit. So please...help me solve this mystery!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EghiY_s2ts

I'm sorry, but I have to bump this. I need to solve this mystery as to why 30mg of klonopins had NO effect on me. PLEASE help! I'd really appreciate it. It was at least five hours ago I took my last pill of the 30mg and still not effect. I even took a couple shots of whiskey to see if that would help, but it was to no avail. Please, please, please, I need ideas, and better yet solutions. No one answered my question as to whether or not the suboxone I took two days ago could be the culprit. So please...help me solve this mystery!

I know what this is. In the same way some people need to BINGE DRINK some people need to BINGE the benzo's. The scary part is that when bingeing benzo's the withdrawal effects may stay away for 3 to 6 weeks and then come down on you like a pile of bricks A MONTH LATER!!!!!!
By taking this many benzo's you are changing your brain chemistry to work on BINGE MODE just like Booze drinkers that feel the need to "BINGE" every 3 or 4 weeks or they feel like they are going nuts!. Ever heard a person say "I HAVE GOT TO GET TOTALLY FUCKED UP AND DRUNK TONIGHT" in what seems like 'anger'??? That's the GABA/GLUTAMATE "BINGE CYCLE" starting to rev up.
The GABA/GLUTAMATE cycle is notoriously long when it comes to large single doses followed by a long cycle of abstinence (Just enough to make most people think they are not addicted so they do it again and again just like a binge drinker does)

HEY YOU ARE RIGHT! Suboxone does have a powerful effect on booze and benzo's both since they act on the same part of the brain in much the same way. HERE IS HOW AND WHY!!!!
-
MUST SEE WHY! SEE THIS VIDEO NOW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EghiY_s2ts

Good luck and be careful as you have to be on a small steady dose and then quit SLOWLY, VERY VERY SLOWLY YOU TAPER OFF even if it takes years... People who binge benzo's have a 85% higher chance of committing suicide than people on a smaller daily steady dose!

Good luck again friend.

Dr. Grimes, PhD-NS / Harvard MS

Hi. Let me start by saying that I have not taking any benzo in at least a year and several months, maybe longer. Today I consumed almost 30 mg of clonazepam (not all at once mind you, but I kept taking more due to feeling no effect). I am not trying to abuse it, I have GAD and SAD and these pills were prescribed to me.

The problem, and quite frankly the paradox of the matter, is that I have taken MUCH lower doses of clonazepam before and felt tremendous relief from my anxiety.

I am also prescribed suboxone. Is it possible the suboxone is blocking the effects of the klonopin? I know the pills are legit, unless the pharmacy themselves forged them.

I also took about 4 mg yesterday and felt the effects, but now nothing. What is the deal? I don't understand. I should be blacking out right now but I'm completely sober.

Also, they are round green pills and say Teva on one side and 833 on the other
http://www.drugs.com/imprints/teva-833-16542.html

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Lol doesnt matter if you are prescribed them, I am fairly sure youe doctor doesn't suggest taking 30 mg at once, probably quite the opposite, he would probably give some hysterical answer telling you that you are very lucky to escape alive and not brain damaged, which is another laughable spectrum answer. Nonetheless, it is too much, if not for anything that it is not a dose you would be able to keep up, and that you will probably blackout and not make my sense and do some funny but stupid things that are harmful to your life. As for it not hitting you like a brick, I am amazed, especially since you claim to take suboxone with it, which honestly at a high enough dose is honestly an overdose risk, but very unlikely

I know what this is. In the same way some people need to BINGE DRINK some people need to BINGE the benzo's. The scary part is that when bingeing benzo's the withdrawal effects may stay away for 3 to 6 weeks and then come down on you like a pile of bricks A MONTH LATER!!!!!!
By taking this many benzo's you are changing your brain chemistry to work on BINGE MODE just like Booze drinkers that feel the need to "BINGE" every 3 or 4 weeks or they feel like they are going nuts!. Ever heard a person say "I HAVE GOT TO GET TOTALLY FUCKED UP AND DRUNK TONIGHT" in what seems like 'anger'??? That's the GABA/GLUTAMATE "BINGE CYCLE" starting to rev up.
The GABA/GLUTAMATE cycle is notoriously long when it comes to large single doses followed by a long cycle of abstinence (Just enough to make most people think they are not addicted so they do it again and again just like a binge drinker does)

HEY YOU ARE RIGHT! Suboxone does have a powerful effect on booze and benzo's both since they act on the same part of the brain in much the same way. HERE IS HOW AND WHY!!!!
-
MUST SEE WHY! SEE THIS VIDEO NOW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EghiY_s2ts

Good luck and be careful as you have to be on a small steady dose and then quit SLOWLY, VERY VERY SLOWLY YOU TAPER OFF even if it takes years... People who binge benzo's have a 85% higher chance of committing suicide than people on a smaller daily steady dose!

Good luck again friend.

Dr. Grimes, PhD-NS / Harvard MS

lol exactly like this idiot right here. Bro you ain't gonna die from taking a lot of benzos every so often, yeah the next couple weeks after that could suck, maybe even months who really knows, but you aint gonna die. And if you have taken that many kpins and suboxone at the same time and not died...congratulations you now have a tolwrance that makes you more invincible yet impossible to help therapeutically.

Also, if klonopin doesnt work for you, just ask for any of the 5 other commonly used benzos that do exactly the same basic thing....

Here's an interesting article.

"A safe, fast, and effective way to reset/restore the brain after taking GABA drugs such as; Benzos (Xanax, Valium), Nitrous oxide, Quaaludes,Barbiturates, and/or Alcohol usage.

By Jame Hudson, M.D.

What you need to know about GABA's role in Anxiety, Sleep, Thinking, and Focus

GABA is a neurotransmitter or brain chemical that plays a major role in anxiety and sleep. People who have low or sub-optimal levels of GABA and/or less active or fewer GABA receptors are less able to deal with life, function at their full potential, have high levels of stress, anxiety, nervous habits, are more likely to get shaky from coffee or other stimulants, have problems sleeping and thinking clearly.

Factors in why some people have low levels of GABA

Long term stress, PTSD, trauma, poor diet, genetics, mental illness, and drug use or abuse.

GABA drugs damage your natural anti-anxiety, thinking, and sleeping abilities

A number of drugs act on receptors in the brain called GABA-A are very effective in helping people sleep, reducing anxiety, and relaxing nerves but are highly addictive and meant only for short term use.After as little as one time but especially after a month of use of these drugs can cause the GABA-A receptors to be weaken, have lower numbers, and down-regulate making them less active which can result in impaired mood and mental functioning, as well as cravings for months to years after discontinuing use even permanently if no effort is made to repair and restore the GABA-A receptors back to their normal optimal prior state before taking GABA drugs. Some people are even unaware any changes have occurred yet their lives are worse off than prior to use.

A safe and effective way to repair, restore and reset your brain after GABA drugs use.

Flumazenil has been shown to reset and undo the damaged,dysfunctional, under active, and down-regulated state restoring not only the activity of receptors but the numbers as well resulting in a reversal of long term effects and removal of tolerance (1-4) some even Years later! Other studies show it can enhance Enhanced Selective Attention in healthy adults and improve excessive daytime sleepiness or prolonged nighttime sleep in those with hypersomnia.

1.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16084060
2.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15659288
3.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15531382
4.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18453026

Symptoms studies have proven can be reversed from GABA drugs usage.

Clouded thinking, tiredness, muscular symptoms such as neck tension, cramps and shaking and the characteristic perceptual symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal, namely, pins and needles, burning skin,pain and subjective sensations of bodily distortion. Mood disorder,anxiety and depression. (1, 3). Negative feelings like aggression and hostility. (2). The most common side effects reported after stopping benzo usage are; Anxiety, Insomnia, depression, ear ringing,tingling, numbness, and pain in the arms, legs, feet, and hands,muscle pain, weakness, tension, painful cramps, tremor, shaking attacks, jerks, stomach issues. (4).

1.JPsychopharmacol. 1992 Jan;6(3):357-63.
2.PharmacolBiochem Behav. 2010 Aug;96(2):148-51.
3.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1997 May;131(2):153-60.
4.Psychiatric Annals. 1995;25(3):174-179 Protracted Withdrawal FromBenzodiazepines: The Post-Withdrawal Syndrome

Safety and side effects

Side effects are rare but some people noticed light headed or dizziness for a few minutes. It is well tolerated. However you must not betaking any GABA drugs for 1 month prior to use or risk inducing withdrawal effects.

Dosing protocol course for GABA-A receptor restoration.

Important cautions after finishing the protocol.

Caution afterwards you should avoid any GABA-A drugs as your tolerance to GABA-A drugs will be removed and very low doses may be very strong.Do not take high doses of any GABA-A drugs as this may result in death or unconsciousness. An example would be in the past you took 10 pills of Valium or 10 shots of alcohol to feel an effect. Now you may feel the same effect from 1 pill or 1 drink as your brain has been reset to before you tried them for the first time.

Last edited:
Flumazenil fixed me up.

Well, it probably would, it's an antidote. Like taking naloxone while you're on a heroin binge. Then again, it's a bit of a nootropic, if you can get through the anxiety it causes.
Sorry, I misread that as
mental breakdown said:
Flumazenil fucked me up

There is no possible way taking flumazenil after a benzo dependency problem is going to help you. It would be a double-cold turkey detox. There are so many threads here of folks trying to kick these things, even when they do it microgram by microgram, I can't imagine what a flumazenil detox would do.

stray cat said:
alprazolam is a thienodiazepine?

No, it's a triazolo benzodiazepine. An extra ring with 2 more nitrogens. No sulfur.

Mental Breakdown said:
Also, if klonopin doesnt work for you, just ask for any of the 5 other commonly used benzos that do exactly the same basic thing..

Thank you. Excellent advice, so far the best reasonable answers in a shitty, awful thread.

If you take normal therapeutic, non-lethal doses of these things, you're not gonna tell a difference between alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam. If you take massive doses for a long time, you can build up the different metabolites, and experience "new" side effects from those, but I would have said nothing bizarre, like turning clonazepam into fucking sugar.

This thread, and a lot of the others, makes me think there's some mysterious unknown metabolite that's worse than that extra product you get from crack smoking, that only shows up on your third mega overdose.

Mr. Uncouplingsomething, although there's no overt disinformation in there, when I read an article that says people are deficient in a neurotransmitter, I just toss it. That's just not how it works, and means they're selling you something. Or IDK, trolling addicts and getting them to purchase an antidote from you. That would be evil if it was intentional.

Also, even the people from 2013 who claim they ate all the benzos on Earth and felt nothing for a year then their legs exploded, don't need to repair their brains, because they didn't damage them. At least, no more than they already were.

OK, this should have been nuked, but is destined for the archives, but I insulted some people, so you get a brief chance to respond, before I finally sleep, come back, and destroy this.

lol exactly like this idiot right here. Bro you ain't gonna die from taking a lot of benzos every so often, yeah the next couple weeks after that could suck, maybe even months who really knows, but you aint gonna die. And if you have taken that many kpins and suboxone at the same time and not died...congratulations you now have a tolwrance that makes you more invincible yet impossible to help therapeutically.

I know what you're getting at, some people really like to overplay their anti-benzo crusade, but please don't imply you'll be OK if you occasionally overdose on benzos.

And you're right, all you'll do is up your tolerance, and ruin any chance you had of therapy, from these meds meant to treat your anxiety.

And potentially die if you take them with a downer like suboxone. A person can eat a lot of benzos by themselves, and still breathe on their own during their coma, but add a drop of another drug that depresses breathing, and there'll be no more benzo threads for you.

Yeah, it’s just weeks or months, bro. A few seizures, delirium tremen like events, hey, fuck it, you’l Be more invincible-they can put that on the coroners report. Awesome, man.

??

Well, it probably would, it's an antidote. Like taking naloxone while you're on a heroin binge. Then again, it's a bit of a nootropic, if you can get through the anxiety it causes.
Sorry, I misread that as

There is no possible way taking flumazenil after a benzo dependency problem is going to help you. It would be a double-cold turkey detox. There are so many threads here of folks trying to kick these things, even when they do it microgram by microgram, I can't imagine what a flumazenil detox would do.

I didn't say it should be taken for dependency problems.

OP was saying he had tolerance issues and it's been used for reducing tolerance. You don't have to imagine you can read any of the studies. Seems if you are on tricyclics, anti-seizure meds, have seizures, or panic attacks you may want to be cautious but otherwise slowly dosing seems pretty safe.

Last edited:
Hi. Let me start by saying that I have not taking any benzo in at least a year and several months, maybe longer. Today I consumed almost 30 mg of clonazepam (not all at once mind you, but I kept taking more due to feeling no effect). I am not trying to abuse it, I have GAD and SAD and these pills were prescribed to me.

The problem, and quite frankly the paradox of the matter, is that I have taken MUCH lower doses of clonazepam before and felt tremendous relief from my anxiety.

I am also prescribed suboxone. Is it possible the suboxone is blocking the effects of the klonopin? I know the pills are legit, unless the pharmacy themselves forged them.

I also took about 4 mg yesterday and felt the effects, but now nothing. What is the deal? I don't understand. I should be blacking out right now but I'm completely sober.

Also, they are round green pills and say Teva on one side and 833 on the other
http://www.drugs.com/imprints/teva-833-16542.html

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Based on what I've been reading (I'm dealing with PAWS) tolerance is due to your benzo sites being under active and uncoupled. If you take Flumazenil you'll recouple them and make them more active again on their own.

I'm about to try it out myself and see how I respond. If it works I'll cure my PAWS and when I take bennies in the future I just need to cycle Flumazenil to prevent any tolerance issues.

Tolerance to gabaergics, like benzos, barbiturates, alcohol, to a lesser extent opioids and things that make you feel relaxed, is due to a shift in equilibrium.

These drugs tilt your brain in a direction of too much inhibitory signaling, and adjusts by dialing down GABA signaling and increasing excitatory glutamate signaling.

It's like your meds keep turning the volume down down down in your brain artificially, and your brain keeps turning the master volume up to compensate and function. If you get rid of the med suddenly, it's like unmuting it, blasting the room with Jerry Springer chants and making everyone jump (literally if you have a seizure).

If you added flumazenil to a benzo-high-tolerant person, you might not just unmute the volume in your brain suddenly, you might plug a couple amplifiers in, blow past the "really jumpy and anxious" withdrawl, through a seizure, and straight to status epilepticus, where without paramedic intervention within minutes, you will not be back to tell us how it felt.

Benzos are anti-convulsants, some more than others, true, but all the ones mentioned here are to some extent anti-seizure meds. You cannot quit those cold turkey and you cannot add antagonists. Tapering off is required.

The G in G-protein-coupled receptor is not for Gwyneth, but guanosine, since it involves GTP (like ATP). It doesn't stand for GABA either, and GABA-A receptors that benzos target aren't coupled, they're ion channels.

(You don't breathe during a seizure. All those muscle contractions are pumping out lactic acid so you should really be breathing to keep your blood pH from dropping. Oh, and your brain likes oxygen too, it's got every program running at the same time trying a hard reboot and the cooling fan isn't working.)

Tolerance to gabaergics, like benzos, barbiturates, alcohol, to a lesser extent opioids and things that make you feel relaxed, is due to a shift in equilibrium.

These drugs tilt your brain in a direction of too much inhibitory signaling, and adjusts by dialing down GABA signaling and increasing excitatory glutamate signaling.

It's like your meds keep turning the volume down down down in your brain artificially, and your brain keeps turning the master volume up to compensate and function. If you get rid of the med suddenly, it's like unmuting it, blasting the room with Jerry Springer chants and making everyone jump (literally if you have a seizure).

If you added flumazenil to a benzo-high-tolerant person, you might not just unmute the volume in your brain suddenly, you might plug a couple amplifiers in, blow past the "really jumpy and anxious" withdrawl, through a seizure, and straight to status epilepticus, where without paramedic intervention within minutes, you will not be back to tell us how it felt.

Benzos are anti-convulsants, some more than others, true, but all the ones mentioned here are to some extent anti-seizure meds. You cannot quit those cold turkey and you cannot add antagonists. Tapering off is required.

Low-dose slow subcutaneous flumazenil infusion is consider safe and the risk of seizure very low with in high dose long term benzo users.

Flumazenil has been tested against placebo in dependent subjects, whereby typical benzodiazepine effects were reversed with little to no withdrawal symptoms. Flumazenil was shown to produce significantly less withdrawal symptoms than saline in a randomized, placebo-controlled study with benzodiazepine dependent subjects. Additionally, relapse rates were much less during subsequent follow-up.

I've seen no research showing any issue at all with people post benzo use looking to cure their PAWS.

Well for starters, how about citing your sources.

Sure thing.

Low-dose slow subcutaneous flumazenil infusion is consider safe and the risk of seizure very low with in high dose long term benzo users.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27166362

"J Psychopharmacol. 2016 Oct;30(10):1047-53. doi: 10.1177/0269881116647505. Epub 2016 May 10.

Slow subcutaneous infusion of flumazenil for the treatment of long-term, high-dose benzodiazepine users: a review of 214 cases.

Abstract

Despite the first reports concerning benzodiazepine dependence being published in the early 1960s literature, the risk of benzodiazepine addiction is still greatly debated. The severe discomfort and life threatening complications usually experienced by long-term benzodiazepine users who suddenly interrupt benzodiazepine intake have led to the development of several detoxification protocols. A successful strategy used by our Addiction Unit is abrupt benzodiazepine cessation by administering flumazenil slow subcutaneous infusion (FLU-SSI) with an elastomeric pump. Although some studies proved the efficacy of flumazenil infusion more than 20 years ago, only a few centres in the world offer this method to their patients. This paper reports the data related to 214 subjects addicted to high doses of benzodiazepine and treated with the FLU-SSI method between 2012 and 2014. **This technique is less invasive and requires less nursing intervention than intravenous infusion. Our data support FLU-SSI as a possible efficient strategy for the treatment of patients with long-term, high-dose benzodiazepine addiction, and could become a routine therapy as long as the necessary further studies on dose, duration of infusion and safety issues are carried out.**"

Flumazenil has been tested against placebo in dependent subjects, whereby typical benzodiazepine effects were reversed with little to no withdrawal symptoms.Flumazenil was shown to produce significantly less withdrawal symptoms than saline in a randomized, placebo-controlled study with benzodiazepine dependent subjects. Additionally, relapse rates were much less during subsequent follow-up.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28613124

"J Psychopharmacol. 2017 Oct;31(10):1369-1373. doi: 10.1177/0269881117714050. Epub 2017 Jun 14

Low risk of seizures with slow flumazenil infusion and routine anticonvulsant prophylaxis for high-dose benzodiazepine dependence.

Abstract

High-dose benzodiazepine (BZD) dependence represents an emerging and under-reported addiction phenomenon and is associated with reduced quality of life. To date there are no guidelines for the treatment of high-dose BZD withdrawal. Low-dose slow flumazenil infusion was reported to be effective for high-dose BZD detoxification, but there is concern about the risk of convulsions during this treatment. We evaluated the occurrence of seizures in 450 consecutive high-dose BZD dependence patients admitted to our unit from April 2012 to April 2016 for detoxification with low-dose slow subcutaneous infusion of flumazenil associated with routine anticonvulsant prophylaxis. In our sample, 22 patients (4.9%) reported history of convulsions when previously attempting BZD withdrawal. Only four patients (0.9%) had seizures during ( n = 2) or immediately after ( n = 2) flumazenil infusion. The two patients with seizures during flumazenil infusion were poly-drug misusers. The most common antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) used for anticonvulsant prophylaxis were either valproate 1000 mg or levetiracetam 1000 mg. Our data indicate that, when routinely associated with AEDs prophylaxis, low-dose slow subcutaneous flumazenil infusion represents a safe procedure, with low risk of seizure occurrence."

Now cite your research.

Last edited:
Well for starters, how about citing your sources.

Second of all, lack of research doesn't mean something is safe. Usually it means the opposite. It could be very dangerous for someone, either currently benzo dependent or in p.a.w.s, to try to self medicate their withdrawal away with a benzodiazepine antagonist. So let me reiterate, your conjecture is without basis and quite simply wrong, not to mention that who knows if the information you posted is even from legitimate research.

Here are 4 human clinical studies for [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Flumazenil in treating protracted benzo withdrawal syndrome or PAWS.

So you make comments about the lack of research means unsafe then follow it up with any research posted could not be legitimate. You're making a no win scenario as an argument? You obvious have a negative perceived notion without even looking at the research itself or presenting any of your own research or quotes to this discussion. Try contributing something rather than trying to deconstruct my statements in lieu of your inability to deconstruct of facts of my research quoted statements.

I suggest dropping the stigmatized general blanket [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]viewpoint stance your chosen and rather than contest all or every study instead engage and discuss some reasonable degree that it can work safely. Your rationale for any safety issue is not based on any clinical research done with PAWS. So why don't you show us [/FONT]what your belief is based on? Because it is not the totality of human studies on PAWS thus far.[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

PMID: 2045154

The results suggest that self-rated aggression and hostility in patients treated for benzodiazepine dependency was reduced by the partial benzodiazepine agonist flumazenil.

PMID: 14578014

FLU immediately reversed BZD effects on balance task and significantly reduced withdrawal symptoms in comparison with oxazepam and placebo on both self-reported and observer-rated withdrawal scales. The partial agonist also reduced craving scores during the detoxification procedure. In addition, during oxazepam tapering, group B patients experienced paradoxical symptoms that were not apparent in FLU patients. Patients treated with FLU showed a significantly lower relapse rates on days 15, 23 and 30 after the detoxification week. Our data provide further evidence of FLUs ability to counteract BZD effects, control BZD withdrawal and normalize BZD receptor function. The effectiveness of FLU may reflect its capacity to upregulate BZD receptors and to reverse the uncoupling between the recognition sites of BZD and GABA, on the GABA(A) macromolecular complex, that has been reported in tolerant subjects.

PMID: 9201803

"Flumazenil reduced symptoms thought to be important in withdrawal in patients treated for benzodiazepine dependency."

PMID: 22291380

"
The potential of the benzodiazepine antagonist flumazenil (Ro 15-1788) to lessen persisting benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms was demonstrated in 11 patients who had been drug free for between 1 month and 5 years. Doses ranging from 0.2 to 2.0 mg divided into three intravenous injections over a few hours relieved long-standing symptoms to varying extents. These included clouded thinking, tiredness, muscular symptoms such as neck tension, cramps and shaking and the characteristic perceptual symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal, namely, pins and needles, burning skin, pain and subjective sensations of bodily distortion. Mood disorder, when present, also improved but the reduction in anxiety and depression may have reflected relief of physical symptoms. The onset of maximum response was sometimes delayed by as much as a day but was usually prompt. **Side effects were reported to be either absent or typically described as lightheadedness or dizziness, lasted only a few minutes and were usually well tolerated.** The benefits last between a few hours and several days despite flumazenil's otherwise short duration of action. However, symptoms did return to varying degrees in most cases, suggesting the need for repeated doses."

Many reported no side effects or in some people light headness or dizziness. None of the studies in PAWS showed any concerning side effects.

the frazzled uncoupled said:
So you make comments about the lack of research means unsafe then follow it up with any research posted could not be legitimate.

g0to isn't making a claim about new treatments or cures; just good ol' common uses for this drug, approved by the FDA, and for that we need no citations. Usually an absence of research is a sign you don't want it in your body, just from a statistical angle.

Thanks for understanding and being patient.

Your first PMID is missing a number or something, returns a Hypertension study. The second one is no longer available for viewing.

Here's the thing: you know how naloxone is an ingredient in suboxone, and there's a depot shot of naltrexone, called Vivitrol? Both of those ingredients are antagonists of opioid receptors, used in the treatment of opioid dependence and to manage withdrawal.

And no one uses them outside clinics, because it's complex and dangerous. I don't know off-hand (yet) what the flumazenil affinities for various GABA-A subtypes are. I know that for some limited cases, flumazenil could definitely help with the more pernicious, super-fatty extra-long-lived metabolites that can cause problems and make a taper worse.

I'm sure it will reset tolerance faster, and help epileptic patients when switching meds. And you better believe that's under hospital conditions.

It's also, like I think I said here, a nootropic too, and along with a pack of smokes, might be good for your grannie in the old folks' home, at least to remember your birthday and the current consumer price index.

But if you use them for benzo detox, you're gonna be under a doctor's care, you're not going to order these online and expect it to magically cure imagined side effects. It could be very dangerous to fuck around with this drug on your own. Along with the 7-Cl, 7-Br, or thioester RC versions soon to come along.

g0to isn't making a claim about new treatments or cures; just good ol' common uses for this drug, approved by the FDA, and for that we need no citations. Usually an absence of research is a sign you don't want it in your body, just from a statistical angle.

Thanks for understanding and being patient.

Your first PMID is missing a number or something, returns a Hypertension study. The second one is no longer available for viewing.

Here's the thing: you know how naloxone is an ingredient in suboxone, and there's a depot shot of naltrexone, called Vivitrol? Both of those ingredients are antagonists of opioid receptors, used in the treatment of opioid dependence and to manage withdrawal.

And no one uses them outside clinics, because it's complex and dangerous. I don't know off-hand (yet) what the flumazenil affinities for various GABA-A subtypes are. I know that for some limited cases, flumazenil could definitely help with the more pernicious, super-fatty extra-long-lived metabolites that can cause problems and make a taper worse.

I'm sure it will reset tolerance faster, and help epileptic patients when switching meds. And you better believe that's under hospital conditions.

It's also, like I think I said here, a nootropic too, and along with a pack of smokes, might be good for your grannie in the old folks' home, at least to remember your birthday and the current consumer price index.

But if you use them for benzo detox, you're gonna be under a doctor's care, you're not going to order these online and expect it to magically cure imagined side effects. It could be very dangerous to fuck around with this drug on your own. Along with the 7-Cl, 7-Br, or thioester RC versions soon to come along.

Now what concerning side effects do you see in the studies solely on PAWS that makes you think it must be used in a clinic?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20451546

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14578014

_______________________________________________________________________________________

No ones uses them outside of a clinic? Hahaha. Wow oblivious much? It's been prescribed in topical cream and sublingual tablets from compounding pharmacies to patients with hyper-insomnia. So yeah doctor's have been prescribing this for years to outpatients and I see no reports or studies showing any concerning side effects as a results of that. Yet you say it's complex and dangerous? Based on what?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Sleep/...um-leads-extreme-sleepiness/story?id=17778685

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23175709

https://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01183312

http://www.hypersomniafoundation.org/new-flumazenil-information-available/

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I see no issue using it for PAWS. For Benzo Detox I would be cautious but the only sides I see is when taking high doses, having a seizure disorder, or on seizure inducing drugs like tricyclics, or having a panic disorder.

Last edited: