• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Autoflowers?

Cannaseur

Bluelighter
Most of the time I hear that autoflowering strains is more easier and productive and less the stress.
But some others say it doesn't produce dank flowers at all and not worth it. :?
Throughout all my history with growing marijuana I always hear left and rights and different opinions on which one is better so I come here to ask 8(

Should autoflowering seeds be recommended for outdoor growth? If not why should it not? If so why should it?

Thanks,
Cannaseur

I don't know about outdoor.

I'm just now doing my first run ever, growing my own weed.
I have Autoflowers Super Silver Haze and Blueberry Matic, in a darkstreet growroom. 600watt light, 18/6.

I'm using the Aptus feeding line and I must say, the plants look really vital, healthy. Obviously I cannot compare but that's what I think.
Pros are they don't grow as high (also the case with outdoors), so it's supposed to be a good idea for guerilla growing.
They're a litle over a month old now (from seed) and the smell is heavenly.
Cons are apparently they won't contain as much THC, and I can imagine they'll have less gramms/plant too. I also have normal feminised seeds but I thiunk i'll stick to AF, also becuase of the faster growing cycle. They're supposed to be ready 8-9weeks after seed planting.

I'd post a pic but apparently I can't upload one.

edit: from my "experience" (as I said it's my first run), I think AF's need to be cared for a lot more.
Lots of fertilizer, ideal humidity control, temperature control, .. . They're basically a genetically modified strain, which needs other things than the "normal" species growing outdoor. If I remember correctly, the ruderalis species (which is what the sativa/indica species are mixed with to produce autoflowers), only grow on the equator..

Last edited:
I don't know about outdoor.

I'm just now doing my first run ever, growing my own weed.
I have Autoflowers Super Silver Haze and Blueberry Matic, in a darkstreet growroom. 600watt light, 18/6.

I'm using the Aptus feeding line and I must say, the plants look really vital, healthy. Obviously I cannot compare but that's what I think.
Pros are they don't grow as high (also the case with outdoors), so it's supposed to be a good idea for guerilla growing.
They're a litle over a month old now (from seed) and the smell is heavenly.
Cons are apparently they won't contain as much THC, and I can imagine they'll have less gramms/plant too. I also have normal feminised seeds but I thiunk i'll stick to AF, also becuase of the faster growing cycle. They're supposed to be ready 8-9weeks after seed planting.

I'd post a pic but apparently I can't upload one.

edit: from my "experience" (as I said it's my first run), I think AF's need to be cared for a lot more.
Lots of fertilizer, ideal humidity control, temperature control, .. . They're basically a genetically modified strain, which needs other things than the "normal" species growing outdoor. If I remember correctly, the ruderalis species (which is what the sativa/indica species are mixed with to produce autoflowers), only grow on the equator..

Thanks for the quick reply =D

Im looking for outdoor organic soil growth experience though but thanks this informed me well.

Ruderalis originates from central Russia, so I think it is actually much more hardy to environments.

These aren't genetically modified either, it's just "cross breeding" ruderalis with either a sativa, indica, or hybrid. So I don't quite understand why auto-flowering strains seem to need more care and such, I know exactly what you mean :) You'd expect a strain mixed with ruderalis to be pretty hardy...

I've smoked Lowryder 1 and 2 and they were decent enough, particularly 2. The yields are increasing all the time to for autos, although the quality of the end product can be a hit and miss. They are useful for growers in the Northern hemisphere such as UK and Canada. If you really are located in Hawaii then photo period plants are your best though as you have the climate for it (unless your keen to get a crop in before Autumn/Fall).

Autoflowers can be very dank. You just gotta get the right strain. It definitely easier to grow ruderalis crosses than others. I'm going to experiment with some outdoors this season but I have seen good things off of indoor autoflowers.

I grew a few auto flowers.
-top 69
-auto AK-47
-auto kush/AK47

And maybe another I don't remember. I cant remember which seed company. I thought the weed was pretty good. If you live in a medical state you won't be impressed. Out of 10 being the dankest and 0 being seedy trash weed, I'd say on average they were 6.5-7. Not amazing but solid and easy as fuck to grow.

Taste was spot on, potency was a little weak.

Thanks guys
Yes my hometown is in Hawaii and yes I will try photo-period growing for I will start up a new crop before fall!! 8)