• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone here use Kratom daily? Any problems from this?

I really hate the combination of Kratom and Alcohol, it makes me feel very dizzy, I like it with Benzodiazepine or other kind of sedative though

I started taking kratom as a instant boost for emergency family situations that became common. It worked well, made me feel great and I eventually found that I could get more work done using it and was more social as well. Kratom was so good that I eventually began taking it every day as I would with coffee and it didn't seem that there were any ill effects until recently. After a couple of years of kratom I developed pains that I initially attributed to getting older, lack of sleep or working out too hard. The fact was that 12 hours without kratom initiated withdrawal symptoms that were both exhausting and painful. I knew at this point that I had to stop but just finding the time to "recover" was a challenge. One day I just stopped. The physical uneasiness, muscle aches and RLS were not fun but not terrible in perspective. The really bad part is what follows. Depression and total lack of energy has lasted weeks although some days have been better than others. I've read that tapering helps so now and then I take a small dose to shake off the worst of it with the intent to decrease the dose and frequency over time.
I've never had any other addictive problems and rarely even drink alcohol. My use of kratom was an attempt to make myself more productive during difficult times and it continued to abuse from there. In retrospect, I should have seen it coming. There is no free lunch and I'm paying for mine now. I imagine that had I used kratom less frequently, it may never have become a problem but don't let anyone tell you that it's not addictive because losing that addiction is pretty awful.

Yea I think Im def going to come off of it as just recently Ive been noticing some blood pressure issues and the odd thing is it seems to be happening from the very first dose. Has anyone heard of that before? I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning but I think Im gonna have to cut that out for a while cause something is really sending my BP up first thing in the morning right after my coffee) but then it just seems to keep building and building throughout the day.

I dont know its just starting to make me feel odd and even having withdrawals in the middle of the night. I hope I will be able to taper off of it as the way Im suddenly feeling Im just not so sure.After thinking about it, I dont think its good to be taking anything everyday if you dont have to, just common sense I suppose.

Btw,Ive heard a teaspoon is about 5 grams of Kratom,does that sound about right? I think Im going to need to order a grams scale for the purposes of tapering.

One regular size cup of coffee should NOT affect your blood pressure. You might want to get that checked out. Try cutting the coffee out for awhile see what happens. I quit drinking coffee years ago because I have hypertension, high blood pressure. And I love coffee.

I'm taking 5mg Kratom twice a day for the past month. No side effects or anything negative happening. It has been great for my blood pressure. I have hereditary hypertension, I've had it most of my adult life. Regular prescription BP meds make me feel worse, and aggravate existing depression problems.

I have been monitoring my blood pressure closely since I starting taking Kratom. Before Kratom, my BP was averaging 140/90. Now it is steadily 115/76 to 120/80. I'm just fine with that.
I hope Kratom stays legal.

Last edited:
I've used kratom daily for some periods of time in the past. I find that as long as stick to 5g/day max that I get very little withdrawal symptoms. Perhaps some irritability the first 1-3 days but that's about it...

Hello truvision

Like you, I am also a daily kratom user. I typically mix and drink with water 7-8 grams of kratom twice a day. (Sometimes only once). I have some experience with the withdrawal symptoms of kratom. They can best be described as a tightness in the chest and perhaps some irritability and/or general unhappiness. It sucks, but it only takes about 2 or 3 days (at least for me) for these withdrawal symptoms to subside. After that, when my head is clear and I'm not feeling the tightness in my chest anymore, I feel great. In fact, I feel like overcoming the cravings and letting the withdrawal process run it's course actually strengthens me more as a person and allows me to deal with problems with less stress.

When you compare kratom withdrawal to that of more addictive substances, this is minor, and it is nearly impossible to ingest too much kratom and die from it (unless you are using extracts, that might be more dangerous, STAY AWAY FROM EXTRACTS!!!). As long as you are not using extracts, I feel like you can use this stuff every day and not worry about any long term damage, as long as you keep it under control. I feel that the benefits kratom provides you far outweigh it's addictive potential and you shouldn't completely remove it from your life. If you are prone to addiction, kratom is a good substance to "practice" weaning off of things.

I feel like kratom is a great "teacher" for me and has helped me to curb my alcoholism. I buy beer less frequently because I can just use kratom instead and be satisfied. I'd rather injest all of the vitamins and minerals and phytochemicals in kratom , which my body craves, rather than the pure poison poison that is alcohol.

The ancient tribes of north and south America revere plants as "teachers" and even "mothers" or "fathers". They consider Ayahuasca, for example, to be the "mother of all plants". If you ever get the chance to try Ayahuasca with a professional shaman in a traditional ceremonial setting, I urge you to do so, as Ayahuasca can help you to let go of cycles of addictive behavior.

A few things about myself: I am by and large a nutritional journeyman and holistic nut. I hate to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I am not a scientist, but here it goes: My interest in kratom was borne from it's nutritional properties. It is undeniable that kratom is loaded with things that are good for your body. When you do a dose of kratom, consider that a serving of vegetables for the day.

Remember that the problem isn't the plant, but within yourself. Learn from the plant to help yourself.

I've been dosing about 4g five times a week with no tolerance issues and no withdrawal. With kratom less really is more. Because the more you take the more of an antagonist it is. Start low and see what works best. I've taken anywhere from 20g a week from 10g a day and no negative effects here. Not sure if this is allowed but there's an extremely helpful subreddit in Reddit for this

Good luck

I got WDs when i used over 5 grams a day. My dose was usually around 10 grams once in the AM and before bed. I used kratom for opiate withdrawal and it helped 100 percent until i traded addictions. Then i stayed at 10 gram dose in the AM before work.

My vendor offered leaf and stem mix which was perfect for tapering. Extracts daily are where you get the worse end of the piper. No matter what substance i take, if i take for a period of time i will have WDs

I ve been taking daily for around 1-2 months. Every day i wake up in slight withdrawals until i take my dose. Runny nose, tension, sore muscles, irritability, and frustration.

I have limited experience with kratom, but I have read that many users experience stimulating effects on low doses. Like under 3g. Personally I'm on 3g right now and I'm buzzzzing with energy :) but I'm a speedy kind of guy.

So perhaps that's why? Especially combined with everything else, I didn't read 100% of the meds you're taking since I'm not a doctor and wasn't familiar with those anyways.

IME the biggest problem from taking Kratom daily is the constipation... The withdrawal is pretty mild compare to opioids.

For me this is actually a plus. I have IBS-D and since using kratom daily have not needed the Viberzi I used to take for it.

Agreed about the WD. I try and take days off from time to time (am doing so as we speak) and basically any other substance will mask the withdrawals. If I have my clonazepam, I notice the withdrawal precisely ZERO. It cannot even be mentioned in the same breath as true opiate withdrawal.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here! I've used kraytom every single day for over five years. On and off when using other opiate like drugs. I have experienced no adverse effects. Even when mixing with other drugs.