• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Maeng Da Kratom Leaf chewed 2 grams - Experienced - Powerful

yeah i was reading about it's (kanna) mood elevating properties, why the fuck hasn't some company isolated mesembrine (or whatever it is) and tried it in clinical studies? I can't believe a plant with such a wide array of properties is relatively obscure still. I'll have to try it sometime soon, though i bet it won't calm me down like etizolam but it'd be nice to have something else to use for times when i dont want to be on so much etizolam.

Yea would be real nice to have mesembrine isolated. It is an amazing plant its anxiolytic properties are strong they can calm you down even if you feel quite anxious and it sedates you a bit. I was feeling quite anxious these past few days and I've been using Fermented Kanna and chewing on it, sublingually and orally wow its anxiolytic effects are strong. It deff is a lot better than St.johns wort and all the other herbs out there it truly is the strongest herbal, natural anxiolytic Its more potent than Imipramine and it is as potent as some Benzodiazepines. Trust me I've used Xanax Alprazolam when I was feeling anxious and sometimes it feels like Kanna does a better job its like blending in my mind, brain as though it belongs there. Yea Kanna is something else you could rely on, Its anti anxiety are consistent even if you use it everyday it displays reverse tolerance you dont build much tolerance to its calming, sedating, anxiolytic effects though you do build some tolerance to the Euphoric and Mood lifting properties.

Interesting indeed.. very interesting.. thank you for bringing this to our attention.. I just recieved a decent amount of varying high quality strains and I may just try this Chewing sublingual type method today. the taste does not bother me as I am use to taking it multiple times a day.. just dump some in a cup pour some warm water and stir it in really good so it's all mixed up and chug it back.. but of course my opinion on the taste may change after I try this lol.. I'll let u guys know how goes it!
B

Do u own an herb company or something? ^ ymmv because kanna did nothing but give me horrendous anxiety for 3 days. If I could compare to anything, I would say it felt like a shitty coke/alcohol hangover. Worst herb ive ever tried, ever! Nothing but shit stimulation to me. Kratom is good but the wd's for me are worse than opiate wd's. just sayin everybody's different.

Kanna Sceletium Tortuosum is most certainly psychoactive. I can't believe one does not gain anxiolysis or an anti anxiety or some kind of antidepressant effect on it. Kratom it is Anxiogenic to me at times like today I took some in the morning and I didn't feel anything really it was a red strain or a stimulating strain I got racing thoughts and tension from it , usually I get a warm, opiod relaxation type feeling on Kratom especially on Bali and Golden Indo Kratom they are most resembling to Codeine for me and they reduce anxiousness dramatically the stimulating strains sometimes are good at other times it feels like I did a bad line of speed or some shit, I get anxious on that crap. Anyhow I was feeling anxious after taking that Kratom today and I was feeling anxious in general so I decided to take Kanna Sceletium Tortuosum I took 3-4 grams orally and then I took half a gram over the course of 40 minutes sublingually by chewing it with bubble gum, immediately a powerful sedative sensation crawled over my mind and my body and my soul all of my anxiety was quelled and dispelled this was during the 40 minutes that I was chewing on the Kanna with bubble gum, all of you anxious folks know how anxiety makes you feel and Kanna is the natural anxiety killer. This Herb is especially more potent if you are feeling anxious or very anxious it seems to eat on the anxiety . Anyhow because I took such a large dosage my mind slowed down all of my worries receded and my anxious state was quelled I felt sedated for some 30 minutes and I didn't leave my apartment then I felt the sedation lift and I felt somewhat stimulated I took a long walk and I went to the library, brought my books along, I felt very social and I felt good, somewhat Euphoric very talkative, I felt all social anxieties and any type of depressed state lifted of me. I had a conversation with a few individuals , I would smile and laugh a lot. I also feel like Kanna stimulates your mind naturally feels kind of like Amphetamine to me as well but without the negative effects. BTW today I took a 15 times strength extract of Kanna and it felt damn good and then I can feel the anxiolytic effect for the rest of the day, but the powerful Kanna buzz lasts only for 1-2 hours 3 hour max the anxiolytic effects last the whole day.
Extracts of Kanna are awesome they are as potent as benzos and they feel good, mood elevating and they also increase feelings of optimism and it kinda of causes you to feel careless you dont give a fu kk about anything.
Kanna mixes and potentiates weed so much wow , Kanna with weed that is awesome too.
You all have to try its known that it Potentiates Marijuana.

I usually have multiple Kanna chewing and ingestion sessions in a day:D It is very relaxing it relieves tension and stress nicely.:D Only thing I hate about Kanna is that their is a high price tag to it as it is not grown in Europe but in South Africa. Sometimes I feel that if you do some relaxation techniques or meditation whilst using Kanna the benefits are enhanced no kidding, I experimented with this Herb a lot, I Know why the tribes call all of these plants divine I consider em divine as well.
It potentiates other herbs as well and it causes feel good chemicals to flood your Brain:) Dang dont even know the specific pharmacology but Kanna it is Euphoric at times too, it seems to work as a Serotonin reuptake inhibitor not selective it can also release Dopamine or cause it It also works as PDE4 Inhibitor . It feels like a barrier breaks and all of the worries in the world dissapear and like im in a different headspace it is potent.
It enhances the appreciation of music as well and it decreases my appetite a bit too.
;) Essentially I consider Sceletium Good for people who want to eat less and who want to lose weight I always notice that my appetite is reduced on it and my thoughts and urges to eat food.
I think it is a safe appetite suppressant a lot better than Phentermine.
Kanna can also induce intense muscular relaxation analgesic effects are also present seems that it reduces headaches and backaches and pain in your legs as well through intense muscular relaxation It is not hallucinogenic , this is at the highest dosages I have taken which is 3-4 grams orally and half a gram sublingually such a dose is most pleasurable !
Extracts are awesome though they are so potent they can bring any down mood up. :D Though its pricy. I wish they would extract Mesembrine and make an Antidepressant drug out of it , it would be the best one out there.

Last edited:
PDE4 inhibitors have shown a wide range of therapeutic potential including treatment of:

Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
Asthma
Depression
Alzheimer's[2]
Parkinson's[3]

Some have also shown benefits such as antipsychotic effects,[4][5] improved long term memory,[6] increased wakefulness[7] and increased neuroprotection.[8][9] Because PDE4 breaks down cAMP in immune cells, PDE4 is also involved in regulating Inflammation.[10]

Apremilast, a drug being developed for inflammatory disorders

Mesembrine, an alkaloid from the herb Sceletium tortuosum
Rolipram, used as investigative tool in pharmacological research
Ibudilast, a neuroprotective and bronchodilator drug used mainly in the treatment of asthma and stroke. It inhibits PDE4 to the greatest extent, but also shows significant inhibition of other PDE subtypes, and so acts as a selective PDE4 inhibitor or a non-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitor, depending on the dose.
Piclamilast, a more potent inhibitor than rolipram.[11]
Luteolin, supplement extracted from peanuts that also possesses IGF-1 properties.[12]
Roflumilast, licensed for the treatment of severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the EU by Merck Sharp & Dohme using the tradename Daxas[13]
Cilomilast, in clinical development by GlaxoSmithKline for treatment of COPD[citation needed]
Diazepam[14]

Sceletium Tortuosum main Component of Mesembrine seems to resemble Rolipram in chemical structure and Pharmacology.

Rolipram is a selective phosphodiesterase inhibitor. It inhibits phosphodiesterase IV or PDE-IV, particularly the PDE-IVB subtype.[1] Like most PDE4-inhibitors, it is an anti-inflammatory drug.[2] Rolipram has been studied as a possible antidepressant.[1][3][4] Rolipram also has anti-inflammatory,[5] immunosuppressive,[5] and anti-tumor effects.[6][7] Rolipram has also been proposed as a treatment for multiple sclerosis.[8] Recent studies show that rolipram may have antipsychotic effects.[9][10] Other beneficial effects of rolipram in animal experiments are:

Improved long term memory[11]
Increased wakefulness[12]
Increased neuroprotection[13][14]
In animal studies: promotion of axonal regeneration and functional recovery from spinal cord lesions [15]

Animal studies of rolipram show promise in ameliorating Alzheimer's disease,[16] Parkinson's disease [17] and also in the regeneration of severed spinal cord axonal bodies.[18]

Rolipram is characterized for its emetic and other problematic effects.[19] In this regard, it compares unfavorably to another PDE4-inhibitor, GEBR-7b, whose effect on memory was 3 to 10 times more potent than that of rolipram, and its effective doses had no effect on surrogate measures of emesis in rodents.[20]

Only reason I posted all of this cause I want more people to try out some good quality Kanna I had a very nice buzz on it today.;)

I do this with mushrooms.

The saliva starts to breakdown the plant matter into the raw alkaloids, which are then absorbed through the mucous membranes either bucally, sublingually, or any other parts of the inner mouth permeable for these compounds to get into the bloodstream.

My experience is that the more you do something the less pleasant it becomes assuming there is a positive reinforcement inherant in the act such as in drinking a beer, snorting a caustic substance like cocaine, taking benzodiazapines or other bad tasting powders sublingually, etc. The 'acquired taste' character.

I might change your thread title to neaten it up little hope you don't mind. Thanks for the submission.

You sound ridiculous

Lacing kratom with tramadol? What the hell are you talking about. I read your comment. You said 6 grams doesn't do anything... You must be eating dirt. Ive been taking maeng da for a year and its just the same feeling as when i started. You should think before trying to sound cool because you just sound ignorant

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with what you said, but we don't attack people here, also using "gay" to describe something as lame/stupid/whatever isn't cool even though I know it's common these days. Please try to communicate a little nicer next time. I edited your post. Welcome anyway, I'm not gonna give you a warning or anything. You do realize this was posted 4 years ago?

But anyway yeah, lots of misinformation in here. I particularly object to the post that says that kratom isn't addictive... in fact it is, it hits the mu opioid receptors (just like full, strong opiates) and causes physical dependence with prolonged daily use. I got addicted to kratom over the course of 7 years, for most of that time I would get runny nose, incredibly restless legs, leg soreness, and pretty intense depression when I didn't take it... by the end I would take some at midnight to go to bed and wake up at 6am and have to take more to stop withdrawing and finish sleeping. I was taking it 4-5 times a day by then. Kratom is better than real opiates in the addiction department, but it is not benign, and it is addictive.

i bet if i laced ur kratom with o-desmethyltramadol you'd be thanking the gods for their wonderful natural substance all the while taking a synthetic substance; there is no difference between something that is created naturally and something that is synthetic. Chemical crap doesn't deprive your brain, whatever that means. I feel LSD is very mind expanding, much more than shrooms. I just took 6 grams of meang da, i dont think i could handle chewing it, i'm not sure 2 grams would even have any effect on me.

There is a theory that all psychoactive plants and herbs, actually have an entity consciousness inside of them, that is unique to each plant or herb. So if that's true then Natural plants are much different than synthetic substances, no matter how similar in action/high they are.

If that's true, sure. The big if... in any case, many plants have an array of alkaloids besides the main one, which can produce more complex and nuanced results.