(answered) can not get a profile picture to work

rclark231

Greenlighter
HI ....Am new to blue - I cannot get a profile picture to work - I got my avator pic set ok - used a gif picture and it worked , but tried putting the http :address for my facebook picture in the spot where it says to put profile picture address - It doesn't work??
also - next to my name in my profile there is a little yellow dot that says "rclark231 is invisible" when I hover the cursor over it - how do I fix that so it says I am online - when I am online

Thanx :?

I'm pretty sure that you need to wait until you are a bluelighter (after 50 posts) before you can have a profile pic.

To fix the other issue click on 'settings' on the top right of the page, then click on 'general settings' on the left. The first option should be to have invisible mods on or off, and you likely have it on and need to switch it off.

The "picture" field in your profile under "About [username]" below "Basic Information" will remain a simple URL to the image, no matter how many [url] tags or .jpg/.gif-ending URLs you throw at it. ;)

The option to add a profile picture that appears under your username to the left in your profile is, as Tommyboy said, an option that is only available to Bluelighters. Once you attain "Bluelighter" status, go to "Settings", "My Settings", and click "Edit Profile Picture" to the left to get an image there. :)

^ Are you asking about the avatar image that appears under the posters name, or the actual image found within a profile? Let us know, and we can clarify.