• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction OD Social v12 - Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
solo trip actually, and ya...I'm in texas...prolly gonna watch a few trippy movies or some shit like that...I just needed a mood lift, so said fuck it...always wanted to trip this hard anyway, so here's my chance...

i always had fun solo tripping :D got any weed to smoke??

Sweet, I've always been a fender or Ibanez man, but the more I play Les Paul's the more I like them, especially for certain styles. I started on drums too and within a few years I picked up guitar. I can now play piano and bass of course (played strictly bass, slap and what not for years), so I a well versed in all four piece band instruments and can read and write music. I never gave a shit for reading music. But my parents made me go to college, so I thought, "what the hell," I might as well go for something I like, right! Glad I went now, 'cause I can write for orchestral instruments and jam some Satriani or old school Hammett if I want to! %)

being able to read and write music is awesome, i wish i could read notes, i just use fret tabs :/

Yeah acoustic is great, especially for writing songs. It just sounds great and I have a couple nice ones.. been playing my Takamine Jumbo G series a lot.. it's got such a huge booming sound. I barley even need a mic on it when I play live.

you play live?? damnn you must be good! :)

Anyone got any suggestions to make the most of a solo trip? I've done it in the past but in bad situations/areas, but now doing it in the safety of my own home...

If you are an artist, then the doors are all open. Draw, paint, sing, write, make music, or any other form of self expression is always a great trip! Have fun and don't let any negativity hinder your trip...embrace positivity and you will succeed!

whoa man, am i talking to doug or just some weird lookin frog ass motherfucker? this doesn't make sense. must be all the frogs legs i ate me.

@ laCster- I gotta pay $450 In money I owe before I get a sack. My sister still owes me a quarter anyway

Down to my last bowl

lol...unfortunately...no weed...and no, I'm not an artist...

Yeah man. I play and sing.. mostly acoustic singer/songwriter shit with a little more grit. Been playing for years. Started off playing drums than was tired of being in the back. I'm too pretty for that.. ;) Hah. So I picked up the guitar and learned, started writing songs and playing shows.

I like metal too but I only play it in my spare time when I want to rip some nasty arpeggios or play with some cool scales and pinch harmonics on electric. I just bought a 2012 Les Paul Standard a few months back. So sweet.

You got any recordings? I have some here, check them out if you have a few minutes. It's somewhere between progressive rock (specifically Pink Floyd and King Crimson), psychedelic rock (Grateful Dead, Tame Impala), jazz fusion (BADBADNOTGOOD, Guthrie Govan), and all kinds of indie rock (Women, The Cure, Ween, Deerhoof, Interpol, etc.). Most of the tracks are instrumental, because I don't have a good microphone, and the instrumental recordings sound too good, and a shitty vocal track would just ruin the otherwise really well recorded track. It's pretty unique, please check it out, specifically the songs "Paint Dries", "I Keep Overdosing In My Bouncy Castle", "Making Up Numbers", and "No, I'm Not Justin Bieber".

Also anyone else who hasn't heard them, please check them out! They're good, I promise! Haha

And I feel you on the metal thing, I don't write metal, but I just love playing it, it's really fun.

Damn, this oxy is hitting the spot.

It's freezing out. I hope that all the people that were complaining about the mild winter :! are happy now. :X

You got any recordings? I have some here, check them out if you have a few minutes. It's somewhere between progressive rock (specifically Pink Floyd and King Crimson), psychedelic rock (Grateful Dead, Tame Impala), jazz fusion (BADBADNOTGOOD, Guthrie Govan), and all kinds of indie rock (Women, The Cure, Ween, Deerhoof, Interpol, etc.). Most of the tracks are instrumental, because I don't have a good microphone, and the instrumental recordings sound too good, and a shitty vocal track would just ruin the otherwise really well recorded track. It's pretty unique, please check it out, specifically the songs "Paint Dries", "I Keep Overdosing In My Bouncy Castle", "Making Up Numbers", and "No, I'm Not Justin Bieber".

Also anyone else who hasn't heard them, please check them out! They're good, I promise! Haha

And I feel you on the metal thing, I don't write metal, but I just love playing it, it's really fun.

Damn, this oxy is hitting the spot.

Cool man, I dig it. I really do, hah. Listening to your shit now. What's your recording setup?

I do have some things recorded but it was all done when I was strung the fuck out so I'm in the process of writing and recording new material. I have a show in a week so if it goes well and the response is good I'll get in the studio.

Again, good sound you have man. Very chill, very tight. Awesome jazzy feel on "Blue Dream".

Cool man, I dig it. I really do, hah. Listening to your shit now. What's your recording setup?

I do have some things recorded but it was all done when I was strung the fuck out so I'm in the process of writing and recording new material. I have a show in a week so if it goes well and the response is good I'll get in the studio.

Again, good sound you have man. Very chill, very tight. Awesome jazzy feel on "Blue Dream".

Thanks man!

My setup is:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Silverburst)

Rivera Clubster 25watt Combo

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Boss Digital Reverb 5
TC Electronics FlashBack Delay and Looper
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Flange
MXR Phase 90

And I mike it with a Shure SM7 which goes into my Mbox Pro and I record it on Protools.

It's funny you like Blue Dream, and that Choosing_Positive liked "Let's Get Drunk", cause those are both throwaway filler tracks lol

Thanks man!

My setup is:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Silverburst)

Rivera Clubster 25watt Combo

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Boss Digital Reverb 5
TC Electronics FlashBack Delay and Looper
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Flange
MXR Phase 90

And I mike it with a Shure SM7 which goes into my Mbox Pro and I record it on Protools.

It's funny you like Blue Dream, and that Choosing_Positive liked "Let's Get Drunk", cause those are both throwaway filler tracks lol

Haha, I liked them all man. You do it all yourself or have any other musicians involved?

It's all me. I record every instrument and mix/master it. I want to get a band though so that I can play live shows again.

I use Pro Tools too... Can't beat the classic DAW...

Yeah Pro Tools is the shit. I use Ableton Live some too, but PT is always my base. I got the entire Waves Mercury bundle cracked off some guy from craigslist.. It's like 6 grand worth of plugins. So cool.

Took the most amazing shower ever...If I could forever live in that shower, I would have...words cannot describe how amazing the water felt running over my body, watching the pools of water in the floor morph in ever changing patterns and designs and the vast spectra of colors they went through...strongest psychedelic experience I've ever had...

Fruity Loops / Sony Sound Forge 10 / Ableton

:D
Yeah Pro Tools is the shit. I use Ableton Live some too, but PT is always my base. I got the entire Waves Mercury bundle cracked off some guy from craigslist.. It's like 6 grand worth of plugins. So cool.

Hook me up, lol

so what's up folks. this is my very first post to bluelight and just wanted to say iv
been lurking for about 2 years I just never registered :(. so I finally decided I would make myself known and say hey to all you awesome ass muthatruckas! p.s. this has consistently been my favorite thread on BL :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.