Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-MEC/120mg) Perpetually inexperienced: Low level drugs

shadybeep

Bluelighter
Hi, I'm an early 30s 75kgish male. I've done 4-MEC before in increasing doses, because I'm a (lol) responsible drugs user, from <1mg allergy test, 10mg, 50mg test doses. In many ways, this trip report is more about those tests than about the 120mg dose I'm currently on (sorry moderators! I know its disallowed, but bear with me, I'm not all that intoxicated :p)

I recently received a reasonable quantity of what I believed to be 4-MMC, which in my opinion is a lovely lovely drug given a bad name by people who fail to dose correctly and give in to the temptation to do ridiculous amounts. I noticed this 4-MMC lacked much of the familiar smell, and was somewhat less potent than the 4-MMC I was used to, but I haven't had any Mephedrone since before the ban, so I wasn't sure if this was just my memories letting me down. It was certainly very enjoyable, but I had my suspicions.

To test, I bought a small amount of 4-MEC from a reliable vendor. And it's surprisingly nice, although it also confirms that what I thought was the 4-MMC was in fact 4-MEC.

The reason for this trip report though, is I'm genuinely surprised at the niceness of 4-MEC. At a 50mg test dose I felt no nice effects, and slightly dysphoric. I've had similar experiences with MXE at 10-12mg, MDMA at 50-60mg, 2-CB at 8mg, and doubtless some more I forget about. The only drugs I find have an actual reliable effects profile with increasing dosage are proper stimulants (Especially 4-fa is delicious at any dose whatsoever, but I've not found a straight stimulant which doesn't have mild but pleasant effects at very low doses).

So, I suppose I should actually report on the trip! Previous doses of this have been while at the pub, and I strongly dislike coming up on alcohol, so this time I just bunged 120mg 4-MEC in a rizla and swallowed it immediately before dinner. Very shortly (15 minutes?) I felt the familiar rushing come up, which is much much more pleasant when comfy at home and not drinking. This was not overwhelming and pretty much entirely pleasant, and then gave way to a reasonably euphoric, minimally empathic but entirely enjoyable happy buzz. I think if I was at a club a bit of bass and some dancing would go remarkably well with this. It's not the shockingly joyous euphoria of 4-MMC by any means (although that too might be clouded by my memories of the good old days...), but in its own right this is a very pleasant drug in my opinion. Certainly a lot nicer than I ever gave it credit for from the smaller doses, and a lot nicer than I expected given some of the disappointing reports on the forums. It's also a hell of a lot less moreish in my opinion.

I previously wrote a trip report on 3-MMC, (which oddly, is quite pleasant at threshold doses), but this is ten times the drug that is, and maybe 75% of 4-MMC. I'd also like to note for anyone else who is as careful at dosing as me, that I really disliked this drug at 50mg, and saw nothing of interest in it at all. At 120mg it's a substantially different beast.

While I still believe it's safer to increase your doses carefully, almost all of the seratonin affecting drugs I have tried appear to have an entirely non-linear action whereby you're either fully up or experiencing very little, so if you're carefully dosing and a dose that is considerably less than that which is considered a recreational dose does not seem to be particularly entertaining, It may well be worth taking a chance and trying some more.

Apologies to the Mods if this isnt Trip Reporty enough, feel free to move it elsewhere if so.

Tagged by devilsgospel
substancecode_4mec
substancecode_cathinones
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: