• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Stay off the spice!! A long term user warning.

votd

Greenlighter
This is a tale of two friends. After smoking weed for about 2 years daily nothing even close to this bad was happening now weed has virtually no effect. After those two years the two friends had to switch to legal alternatives for employment. At first the hits lasted as long as weed but were more potent. About 3 bowls were being shared daily. Tolerance levels quickly grew and the first head shop's strongest stuff wasn't good enough (snip).

Soon spice became more desireable than weed and switching back just seemed stupid because random piss tests werent uncommon for work. The hunt was on from brain eater to cranium until the ultimate shop was found. Splitting 4g in a bong of the snip or snip became the daily norm after 2 or 3 months in and then 5g of the most potent spice locally known, snip. By the end of the next month either person could put down 5g of the snip themself in a day.

At this point thinking there may be a slight issue the internet was searched. People detoxing werent even coming close to this rate of consumption and reality had set in. Cold turkey was not an option when your body would wake up after being asleep only 2-3 hours before needing another hit.

One friend weened the consumption down while the other fiend until his last dollar was spent on it. His brain was turning into mush/zombified but he was in denial. The vast majority of his day was spent smoking until passing out. Sometimes he would take too big of a hit and throw up only to hit it again within the hour.

If you get that far in its not so easy to stop. Urine would turn cloudy and feces tarry but rarely discolored. Chest, stomach or intestinal pain would be experienced at least once a day. Tryptamines with spiritual experiences warned them both to stop but the one has continued. This stuff is nuts at this level and wouldnt be suprising if truly deadly. Prison might be a better option i wouldnt recommend anyone picking it up because it can turn out of control quickly. Expressing concern for the health of the friend addicted is laughed off and seems hopeless to try and help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of people withdrawing from this stuff and only being able to sleep a few hours at the begging of the detox.

most synthetic cannabinoids being abused are full agonists, whereas THC is a partial agonist. It's important to keep this in mind.

Welcome to Bluelight, and feel free to post a thread about yourself in New Member Introductions.

Marijuana and its complex assortment of different active chemicals isn't even fully understood yet. And then comes k2 and spice and whatnot that have been mainstream a few years and people just immediately assume they're safe cuz they're legal, though we know even less about them than we do about real weed. Hope your story makes people realize this shit is preposterous, and glad you didn't have any serious consequences.

But hey aren't you glad our government keeps us safe by keeping the ultimate danger of marijuana illegal? This is exactly the type of shit I don't get..... This poison is legal, and the only reasons the kids smoke it is because the safe stuff is "bad"

The sleeping issue wouldn't occur unless there was heavy use for the past few days. Since corps that would consider thc a competitor they donate plenty of their legal money to the politicians to keep it illegal but thats off topic.

Well, I do agree with your statement, stay off the damn spice!

I smoked a lot of that crap back when I was in the Army (also when it was legal) and it would give me the worst headaches I've ever experienced. Not to mention the first time I smoked it, it blew my mind apart. Ugh, just bad memories. My mood was completely unstable and I would snap at any given moment.

So glad I got out of the military and went back to smoking good ole cannabis :D

Something about spice is sinister to me; to me it felt like an abnormal weed high that instead of slowly wearing off, completely cut out. It gave me a mild hangover too. A friend told me it's bad because it damages the blood vessels in your head, but I don't know how true that is.

Great advice... stay away from that synthetic bullshit!

Synthetic cannabinoids are usually full agonists of both the CB1 and CB2 receptors, while THC/CBD found in regular weed and hash/wax are only partial agonists of the CB1 receptors, making them self limiting in how high you can dose and how high you can get, while the synthetics have NO ceiling of maximum dosage, making permanent modulation of the CB1 and CB2 receptors very possible, as is addiction to vaporized synthetics.

Stay away from that synthetic crap that's not even meant for human consumption, and stick with the good stuff, the all natural cannabis. :)

I've been told that spice gets you way messed up, which I'm assuming is due to ErgicMergic's explanations of the CB1 and CB2 receptors. I'm happy to say that I've never tried it when it was offered to me, and have stuck with organic cannabis throughout the years. Thanks for the info Ergic!

The only good thing about Spice's legality is that it's too expensive to be falsely sold as real weed by dealers.

But hey aren't you glad our government keeps us safe by keeping the ultimate danger of marijuana illegal? This is exactly the type of shit I don't get..... This poison is legal, and the only reasons the kids smoke it is because the safe stuff is "bad"

It's because there are people who are going to try the legal alternative, either out of curiosity or a lack of availability of actual marijuana, and these people are self-appointed guinea pigs for the RC market. The government is sitting back and watching what happens. The only difference between this and the traditional ways drugs are tested on human beings is that normally drug companies pay you to try their drugs, whereas in the RC market, you pay to try the new drugs out.

I'm glad I've stuck with reliable cannabis and its extracts. %)

i knew a bunch of kids who would pan handle every day to get there bag of k2, it made them all so fuckin goofy that i turned it down and would in fact smoke them up all the time with great buds to get them to switch but they loved that shit, they said it was a speedy pot high and seemed to be totally addicted, i do get mild stomache problems and insomnia from lack of weed but thats mild in comparison to what this stuff was doing to these kids brains...weird shit and im glad i stayed away!

I've used synthetic cannabinoids in excess, I've probably smoked ~50g of pure JWH 073/018 powder. Weed barely has any effect at all anymore, I had a 4 month break from both synthetics and weed and still it doesn't get me high like it used to (synthetics still work though). I guess you could kind of compare it to having shot up heroin for some months and then wondering why your codeine pills isn't working anymore. I hope this will return to normal one day, as I only smoked JWH because I couldn't smoke weed at the time due to UA testing.

Withdrawal from synthetic cannabinoids? Yes, if you stop smoking you will have a bit of trouble sleeping for some days (I even got nauseous and puked for a day) but it's still not even near as bad as a normal alcohol hangover.

I've used synthetic cannabinoids in excess, I've probably smoked ~50g of pure JWH 073/018 powder. Weed barely has any effect at all anymore, I had a 4 month break from both synthetics and weed and still it doesn't get me high like it used to (synthetics still work though). I guess you could kind of compare it to having shot up heroin for some months and then wondering why your codeine pills isn't working anymore. I hope this will return to normal one day, as I only smoked JWH because I couldn't smoke weed at the time due to UA testing.

Withdrawal from synthetic cannabinoids? Yes, if you stop smoking you will have a bit of trouble sleeping for some days (I even got nauseous and puked for a day) but it's still not even near as bad as a normal alcohol hangover.
that sux man......sounds like lame stuff. the only up side seems to be no thc in pee. glad i didnt try cuz i might have liked it and i would flip out if i was in your spot!

I've never heard of people withdrawing from this stuff and only being able to sleep a few hours at the begging of the detox.
smoking jwh 250, and playing with am2201 had me feeling sick to my stomach after I stopped hitting that....I was not addicted but i can only imagine the wd's. Very nasty

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA WHAT A FREAKING JOKE! look ive been on synths since for over 2 years now and i have zero issues with it i first started with the glorious outeredge HEAD TRIP wish i could make it myself but the jwhs in it were banned womp womp now my monkey makes his own using 5f akb48 i have found no change in personality diet or for that matter any withdrawls now my monkey does have insomnia that was brought by over doses of concerta when he was younger turns out doctors dont know jack shit about adhd at the time so they just drugged him up to keep calm...sick bastards anyway point is the synths arent harmful hell ur-144 was specifically designed to treat neurodegenerative diseases now i will admit it did ruin weed for my monkey except when he drinks it has the same effect then, but otherwise spice is cheaper more effective and u piss clean so overall the benefits outweigh weed nuff said.

Last edited:
hahaha i just remembered my monkey also smokes like 4-5 bowls a day half gram each and then sometimes the next day my monkey doesnt smoke more than once the next day i think it really comes down to u urself its MIND OVER MATTER weak minded fools like those that turn into the first poster just cant hang

If votd's post wasn't enough to convince you not to do spice...then nogood's should have done the trick....just smoke weed.