Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Alcohol + Ketamine - Experienced - never again

firdous e bareen

Bluelighter
Alcohol and ketamine, as separate drugs, are fine. But I know from experience that combining the two, even in small quantities, runs the risk of causing intense nausea, confusion and vomiting. I should have learnt my lesson...

So it's Friday night and I've gone to the pub. I have a pint. Then drink the 35cl bottle of whiskey I took in with me. I'm pretty drunk, but decide to buy more alcohol. I go to a shop, buy another 35cl bottle of whiskey, take it into the pub and drink nearly all of it.

As the night draws to a close, my friend suggests we go back to his house and do some k. I hadn't done k properly in a long time and, since I was drunk, I was eager to do some immediately.

We get back to his house, put on some Animals as Leaders and make some lines. My friend racks up two hefty lines, which he later told me were about .25g each. So not only am I really drunk, but I was about to snort more k than I have ever snorted in one go. But, since I have no inhibitions, I do it anyway, even though my friend suggests I snort less if I want to.

Well I snort the whole line and wait for the effects. It's about 2am.

I begin to feel the normal effects, such as numbing of the body and disconnection from my surroundings. But things seemed to get really intense, really quickly. I don't even remember the progression.

Next thing I know, I'm in a dream-like state and with eyes open I'm tripping, like really tripping. Stronger than any trip with shrooms or acid. It feels like the environment is constantly changing so I have no idea where I am. The objects in the room which I can see, such as the bed, pillows and duvet have come alive. They have transformed into nightmarish characters, taking on the personalities of people I knew. The duvet was actually talking to me, with the voice of one of my friends, but I can't remember what it was saying.

I was also certain that many other people were in the room. These were real hallucinations since I was unable to distinguish who was drug-induced and who wasn't (my friend, who was the only other person in the room). There were at least 3, maybe 4 of my other friends in the room, either existing in objects, in their own body or as a sort of 'presence'.

I didn't feel comfortable in any way and my head was spinning uncontrollably. I had to be sick, but I had no sense of my body so it was difficult to get up. It felt like I threw up in my mouth (I have no idea whether I really did) so at that point I forced myself to stand up and find the nearest bathroom. My friend followed to make sure I was okay.

This is when things get even more intense. From what I remember, I was leaning over the bath and sink constantly throwing up peanut butter (I had peanut butter on toast earlier). The smell of whiskey and peanut butter was sickening and because the puke was thick it felt like I was choking. I felt like I was dying. I remember not only my friend being present, but again several other people, such as my friend's girlfriend and his mum. But of course, only he was there.

When the k wore off I later told my friend that it felt like I was throwing up my soul or all the negative things about me. Like a purge. I also told him when I was more sober that it felt like I died several times and was reborn. I distinctly remember crying in the bathroom, screaming about all the anxieties in my life. It felt cathartic and very emotional. Whether this actually happened I do not know, since my friend never mentioned it.

Also according to him, I didn't actually throw up that much, just a very small amount, and a little on myself. So I definitely hallucinated that my situation was a lot worse than it was. It certainly felt like a near-death experience. I felt so feeble and vulnerable and the hallucinatory people seemed to be comforting me as if I was dying.

After I didn't feel like throwing up anymore, me and my friend go outside for some fresh air. It's now probably about 3am. I still wasn't sober since it felt like people were everywhere, but if I really concentrated on my surroundings I knew that the streets were completely empty. When I regained the power of speech, I was so thankful to be sober and mystified about what just happened.

I do not recommend this combination. I really do enjoy ketamine by itself, but every time I am drunk and do k, even if it's a bump or a small line, it's pretty likely that I will experience dysphoria and then puke. I can easily see how this is a physically dangerous combination as well. So I really hope that this experience has ensured that I never combine alcohol and ketamine again.

Tagged by HeadphonesandLSD
substancecode_ketamine
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_ethanol
substancecode_alcohols
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
...I had to involuntarily tripsit a friend of mine 2 days ago on that combination. it's exactly as bad as you say.
all the times I combined it I'm usually drunk and have the great idea to do some k, then as soon as I feel the k taking hold I immediately regret consuming alcohol. not only acutely but generally. combining k and alc always makes me realize what a shit substance alcohol is and how much harm it's been causing to me, my friends and society as a whole. I even wondered if this could be used therapeutically for alcoholics (or at least those at risk) as the mindstates are so contradicting...

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47-LWJ3IkKw <- christmas present. :)

Yeah, taking any drugs when you're already drunk is a bad idea. Drugs should always come first if you want alcohol involved at all. Learnt that the hard way myself.

Set and Setting! K is an easy mistress I find, just shut your eyes if its getting to much, always works for me, personally I love it when you hit ketaland, everything starts switching places and tehn you just "pop" out the otehr side intpo a land of cartoons, you go really wide eyed and everything is just hysterically funny! but then if you disrespect drugs, they will disrespect you! :)

well i think that small dose of ket with a shot or two is not bad combo at all, the same goes for ket and gbl. but only small amounts of each.