Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - First time - My life is changed

Drakesorz

Greenlighter
I've just had this experience today, but I just need to put my thoughts down. Let me start with a little background since I find it necessary to explain the full power of the experience I've had.

For the last four to six months my life has been on a downturn. I started out in college promising my family that I would do well and I wouldn't let myself flunk college like I had done so in high school. Instead of doing any real work, instead I sat around my apartment smoking weed and watching netflix most of the time. I retreated into my own mind and spent most of my time alone, while never doing any homework or pursuing any interests. I definitely was not happy, and most of my days were filled with absolutely nothing. My winter break started, I moved back in with my parents for the holidays, and I got the news that I had pretty much failed my first semester and I realized that my life was at an all-time low, but it took 2 hits of acid for me to realize what I had to do to fix my life.

My brother had recently acquired some acid and had promised to give me two tabs. I woke up like any other day, ready to go downstairs and waste seven hours away on video games and pot just like any other day. Then my brother came upstairs and told me that he had gotten school off, and suggested that we take the acid then. I agreed and he pulled out some blotter paper. I put two tabs under my tongue and let them dissolve for the next twenty minutes, swallowing the blotter paper when it was beginning to dissolve. I let the tabs dissolve while I shoveled the front walk, as it had snowed the night before.

The acid began to come up on me about 45 minutes later when I began to see patterns taking form on my ceiling. I also felt extremely lightheaded and my vision began to distort. My brother told me that the acid was coming up on him much slower, as I was already beginning to trip while he felt the first effects. We decided to smoke a bowl to let the acid kick in more, and we smoked one bowl out of a bong.

At this point the acid began to hit both of us very hard and I started to laugh uncontrollably for no reason. The walls of the room I was in started to take on a "breathing" appearance and patterns on my rug and wall started moving quickly across their surfaces. I felt like I couldn't focus on one thing at a time and felt disordered in a way. Like I wanted to start doing something, but I couldn't actually complete the action. My brother and I spent the next two hours in deep philosophical conversation and I thought that the revelatory part of my trip was over, but I was wrong.

My parents both came home around the same time, and I had to talk to them about my grades. Needless to say they weren't happy about the state of my grades and we discussed long and hard (and angrily) about what I was going to do. This entire time, the acid was shifting gears on me and putting me in a deep and introspective state. I was rescued from the fight with my parents by a good friend of mine, but I still thought about how my life needed change.

The revelatory power of acid made me realize that my entire life has been in shambles due to my sheer laziness. This past year I had been feeling burned out and not like a real person, but the acid made me realize that this was all my own fault. That if I wanted to finally have a life equivalent to all of the people whose lives I envied, then I had to actually do something about it. Because of this, when my friends and I stopped into a gas station, the first thing I did was ask for a job application because I needed something to fill the next month and give me a little direction.

I underestimated LSD's ability to change one's life. I had heard tales of how acid changed a person's mindset and life forever, but I didn't believe it. Now I know better, because today I came out of my trip a much different person than before.

Tagged by HeadphonesandLSD
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_lifechanging
roacode_sublingual
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really explain it, I considered myself fairly experienced with psychedelic drugs but I guess I was wrong. It's like acid unlocked this whole new person and now I have to find out what he likes, what his personality is, and where he wants to go in life. It's scary and exciting at the same time.

It's called neuroplasticity. Your mind becomes a lot more malleable again, with some former associations broken. Novelty is also increased.

Now's your chance to reshape some things for the better. This is LSD's therapeutic potential. :)

I know *exactly* what you mean. It was mushrooms originally that changed my mind, and then some 2C-T4 to integrate but the end result was the same, I guess.

"I wasn't born "Richard Alpert", I was just born as a human being and then I learned this whole business of who I am, whether I'm good or bad, achieving or not. All that is learned along the way."

- Richard Alpert.

wow reading this...
You are exactly where i where, except I'm a little farther down the road as I failed college this year. I've been thinking about doing LSD to get vision into where my live is heading but I just feel like it's such an easy solution. And I always take the easy solution.
Glad it worked out so fine for you!

Good trip report OP, never tried LSD...The weird thing is I was reading yesterday that there have been few deaths associated with an LSD "overdose"..From what I gathered, it was nearly impossible to OD on this shit. However, your psychodellic actions could lead to a hasty demise in the wrong state of mind. I found this quite interesting. Not a hallucinogenic kinda guy, but I do like to read other's experience. Just because I do opiates and you like to trip, I see no difference and I respect everyone's drug of choice.