• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, still on this chemical so please bear with me.

It's excellent. And I've certainly got o compare it MDMA, but with less push.

My girlfriend and I bombed 130mg. Fell asleep(!) woke two hours later and did another 150mg and snorted a line. This was top much and I had to vomit a couple of times, nothing terrible.

Overall it's brilliant, energising and music and dance feel amazing.

Tried this on Saturday. Long night out so had a 50mg 5apb / 60mg 5mapb pill to start with. Absolutely brilliant. Floating around the bars. Confidence and pleasure sky high. Unfortunately late on the night went a bit off the rails and I had the same again and a 100mg 6apb pellet. Not recommended :D well, maybe not in a crowded club. Seemed to still be operating well, but was way out of my usual comfort zone. Short term memory seemed to be non existant, confusion, utter visual madness. Intense aint the word. Ah well no harm done as far as I can tell.

Been wanting to try that combo Iggi, I think dosed right with all three of the APBs you'd have something very, very close to MDA as a trippy, euphoric and danceable stim. Will definitely be giving that a run out in a club before too long. How were you feeling before it all started getting a bit too messy?

Was top class. Brilliant. Il try it again but with lower dose of the 6. But even the 5/5mapb mix was good enough. Just didnt have the crazy visuals. Unfortunately I went too far. Ah well, gotta go too far once in a while!

have ordered some of this. briefly how does it compare to 5-apb? im guessing a lot messier?

I have been watching this thread with interest as am a great fan of 6-APB. Essentially I have been waiting for others to try it first. But then I realised that it is structurally related to MDMA and yet nearly twice the price, and I wouldn't try it even if it were as good as MDMA. This is unlike 5/6-APB which is structurally related to MDA which is much more difficult to get hold of.

Simply put, if I want an MDMA hit, then I'll take some, why would I bother with this near double priced alternative?

Well, some people are looking for a quasi legal replacement for mdma that is all but identical. However lots of folks, myself included, are very interested in the differences between slightly different chemicals. Sometimes they're subtle, sometimes not so much.

Is it worth a premium price? Well that's kinda outside the scope of what we discuss at bluelight, but I'll probably wait til the price comes down a bit ;-)

I feel things will get very interesting when 6-mapb becomes available. It is my speculation that differring ratios of 5/6-mapb will allow production of low toxicity drugs ranging from the perfect spiritual exploration tool to incredible one-shot medicines for various mental disorders.

There is something about reducing the net charge of the methylenedioxy ring which seems to make the benzofurans much less toxic while retaining most of the psychoactive power. Truly extraordinary materials in my humble opinion.

I know it is. But be careful saying one thing is less toxic than another. "Feel" is not an accurate gauge of toxicity. All these types of drugs should be treated equally as toxic until clinical testing is done. We are playing with fire here, someone will get burned.

The APB's have affinity for 5HT2B, which lead to heart valve malfunction, I doubt 5MAPB is any different.

The APB's have affinity for 5HT2B, which lead to heart valve malfunction, I doubt 5MAPB is any different.

judging by the difference in 5-HT2B affinity and efficacy from MDA to MDMA, i'd expect both to be lower with the added methyl group in 5-MAPB. in general, the APBs are certainly not something you want to take too often, if you'd like to keep your heart healthy.

Also, I wonder how much norepinephrine this stuff releases, especially considering vasoconstriction being reported. Nonetheless, seems like promising material. I wonder what the IC50's are.

this felt really clean to me, no side effects to speak of. eye wiggles were constant and enjoyable. would have preferred it to be a tiny bit more pushy on its own.
problems only arose when comboing whereby judgement was impaired further on into a binge.

Took 110mg of it yesterday, its definitely a product between mdma and 6-apb. More love effect than 6-apb, more duration than mdma. However, my teeth were hurting (I never get that with mdma or 6-apb) and I found it difficult to sleep right after it but it was ok. The day after was really nice, I could still feel effects throughout the whole day, pupils were (a bit) dilated all along the day too. Definitely a step closer to a "super" mdma (no need to redrop with only 110mg) !

With all the reports I'm reading it seems as though 5-apb is actually superior to 5-mapb. Does anyone agree with this statement? The biggest thing that scares me about taking this is the speedy comedown and I fear if in a club being geeked out speedy and paranoid would be no fun. I only have experience with 6-apb and the comedown wasn't bad. So what do you guys think would be the better of the two? I can't seem to get my hands on a good supplier that ships to the US of 6-apb so will be trying 5-apb or mapb at a rave eventually.

With all the reports I'm reading it seems as though 5-apb is actually superior to 5-mapb. Does anyone agree with this statement?

Would also like to know this. Although it's probably quite sujective as it depends what you're hoping to get out of it. Generally, most people's benchmark seems to be the effects of MDMA. That's not always the case though - and I think people set themselves up for disappointment through this way of thinking. Each compound is what it is and (assuming we're brave/stupid enough to try novel chems) we should just see what we think.

I've never tried Benzofurans, but was wondering if a little bit of 5-MAPB or 5-APB would add an interesting edge to an Ethylphenidate experience. But mixing RCs is even braver/stupider than taking one of them!

What a dilemma. Clever chicken or courageous donkey?

Well, it's a no-brainer really. Gonna try 5-MAPB on its own. From the limited reports to date, looks like it'll suit me as I prefer a speedy buzz with a bit of MDxx madness, over complete MDxx mash.

I will report back in the coming week.

...but do you see what happened there? I went "Ew, it's probably a mistake to apply a benchmark mentality", then that's what I went and did about 5-MAPB! Well, I never claimed to be immune from the mindset. Guess we're all chasing something. Let's face it, if MDMA and Mephedrone were legal, the RC industry would be at a fraction of its current power - and I probably wouldn't live past 40!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.