Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
t6apb said:
got to love our oblivious drug laws in the uk and similar countries, just hope it never turns into Australian type laws that have all anologues and such part of the act

Think again. Our laws are actually worse and more expansive than most. They blanket banned everything in Tihkal and Pihkal, all psychotropic lysergamides are covered, most stims/cathinones are gone, dissociatives are on the hit list, and you can bet your bottom dollar (or pound) that the benzofurans and NBOMes will be in their sights too.

At least with the US analogue laws, they have to be proven in court to be such. Until then, you are fine. The thing about the US is that they are much more heavy handed about the way they enforce the laws they do have, making it seem all the worse. We are equally as draconian in other ways.

This draft amendment to the Misuse Of Drugs Act 1971 is out today http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2013/9780111532980/contents

Is there any consensus on the latency to effect & overall duration being shorter with this as opposed to their non methylated counterparts?

Not in my experience, come-up the same slow way, duration on par with the apbs(only tried different singledoses, no refills on this one yet), if anything it simply strikes me as slightly more potent mg per mg say 80MABP equals about a 100 apb.
5-MAPB also struck me as more psychadelic, even up against 6-apb including a hefty refill a few hourse in, which tends to make the apbs more psychadelic. The latter part of the journey so to speak.

Br//complexdc

Whereas I'd have said I was up and on it at +1hr with 5-MAPB, compared to +2hrs plus to peak on 6-APB. 5-MAPB was closer to 5-APB HCl, them both being more straightforwardly stimmy with less of 6's more psychedelia tinged headspace I'd say though I know lots would find the complete opposite. I'd say it's shorter acting than either of those by a fair way. 6-APB I'm looking at 10hrs maybe before I'm properly into comedown territory, 5-APB HCl so can't really say as always comboed but got to getting on for 8hrs judging by how much push was left from it in the combo, 5-MAPB I'd have said well into comedown territory and noticeably so by 6hrs from a single dose if that though with redoses still giving enough extra lift to hold it off long beyond that.

Not in my experience, come-up the same slow way, duration on par with the apbs(only tried different singledoses, no refills on this one yet), if anything it simply strikes me as slightly more potent mg per mg say 80MABP equals about a 100 apb.
5-MAPB also struck me as more psychadelic, even up against 6-apb including a hefty refill a few hourse in, which tends to make the apbs more psychadelic. The latter part of the journey so to speak.

Br//complexdc

Agreed re: potency. For me, threshold effects appeared at ~30mg oral 5-MAPB, instead of 50-60mg oral for both 5-APB and 6-APB.

Currently tested up to 50mg oral 5-MAPB. At this dose I find it hard to differentiate from its unmethylated cousins.

Very unimpressed with 5-MAPB, did 100mg of the very fine brownish powdery stuff yesterday from one of the well known UK vendors. Took around an hour to be fully up and it was nice for at most one hour after that, got that tingly feeling like on decent MDMA where your body feels really light and you end up walking around in slow motion. Up to the two hour mark was fine, but then it quickly descended into a really crap jittery speedy high with added jaw clenching. And that just went on for hours and hours while you wished it would end. No real euphoria or urge to dance or anything although music did sound pretty good. Took it around 8 in the morning and by 4 in the afternoon was fully down and then felt like crap for the rest of the day, really lethargic and legs aching like fuck. Had trouble getting off to sleep but do feel absolutely fine today.

I have not tried 6 APB or 5 APB so can't compare it to either of those (the long duration of them put me off them so 5-MAPB with the shorter duration sounded ideal to me). Given the current astronomical price of it for me it was a complete waste of money, in fact if someone offered me it for free I still wouldn't bother taking it again.

I bought 250 mg at a well known UK vendor and got it two days ago. The bag says 0,25 gr 5-MAPB. I thought my scale was wrong. But either they sent me 500 mg of this or my scale is fucked or both. Anyway i took 150 mg of this according to my scale, but since there were more in the bag then on the scale i didn't know...it's a 0,001 digit scale. After an hour or so i din't feel anything an i took 190 mg more... and there still is 100 mg or so left in the bag.when i chech now, and it says 0,25 gr bag. So there are def something off... So i didn't think i overdosed that much..

I went to town thinking it would be good. But i started tripping bad... and i was so thirsty and shit. trying to find the bus home. I was seeing nightmares and everyone looked bad, I took the wronf bus and had to go for 1 hour in the bus to get home. I couldn't breathe and started to puke as fuck. Hallucinating people looking like monsters, throwing up acid and air on a bus wasn't good. So i spent rest of that day and night in the hospital... Left today. Was on HB observation and IV fluids all night. Nothing was really wrong, just dehydration and fast HB and low BP for a while...
But i wasn't clever to tell them what i took and told them it was mdpv. Nobody knows what 5-mapb is, but i feel bad... I also started 75 mg efexor yestrday so it could be serotonin syndrome too....

I'm just glad i went to hospital and not home yesterday.

It was white crystaline and had some big salt like clumps in it. The bag was like aliminium like and black seald.
I got 6-apb that wasn't good from that place too. Which one needed much more of than regular, but then again the bag contained more than what it said. So my guess is that they cut it to make it look more. And maybe it's cut with something that makes me bad.

So be careful! I have ordered a new scale now...

i think you need to find a new vendor.. clearly isnt one of the top ones

Anyway i took 150 mg of this according to my scale, but since there were more in the bag then on the scale i didn't know...it's a 0,001 digit scale. After an hour or so i din't feel anything an i took 190 mg more...

I went to town thinking it would be good. But i started tripping bad... and i was so thirsty and shit. trying to find the bus home. I was seeing nightmares and everyone looked bad, I took the wronf bus and had to go for 1 hour in the bus to get home. I couldn't breathe and started to puke as fuck. Hallucinating people looking like monsters, throwing up acid and air on a bus wasn't good. So i spent rest of that day and night in the hospital... Left today. Was on HB observation and IV fluids all night. Nothing was really wrong, just dehydration and fast HB and low BP for a while...

This sounds like exactly what I'd expect from taking 340mg of pure MAPB - it's a really big dose.

Perhaps it was taken after a large meal, the capsule got stuck, something like that. It's not at all unheard of for comeups to occasionally take ages and the classic error in such a circumstance is to redose. Seems like a textbook case to me.

Occam's razor says you're right but what else would it be? The dose matches, extrapolating the SAR from high doses of MDMA and 6-APB match (hallucinations, high HR). A challenging situation which I don't think we can really draw any conclusions from until someone takes a normal dose from the same vendor - a tale for another forum perhaps.

^ do you mean you think there's a lot of fake product out there ?
isnt this easily avoided by sticking with the 2 / 3 most respected vendors, especially now as its so 'new'

possibly bending or breaking forum rules here, if so sorry

Ugh be prepared for horrible mental state a couple of days after taking, felt fine the day after and utterly miserable the next day. What a completely shit drug.

isnt this easily avoided by sticking with the 2 / 3 most respected vendors, especially now as its so 'new'

well i really would not put any weight behind the big names/trusted vendors at the minute as such , a lot of dud synthase on these ket/pcp analogs and lot of money has been lost meaning what you are most likely getting is a much less cut product in the end so instead of 5-mapb your most likely just getting a purer less stepped on 5-apb bit like what went down with a lot of the mam-2201 that was getting sold . but then i could be totally wrong there but i believe that's more whats happening at the minute .

any way that said i came into ask about 6-mapb iv seen its popped up any of you got to try it ?

to add to the debate without any real judgement. Ive been using 6apb over the last 14 months or so and have settled at a dose which seems to work for me perfectly which is about 220mg and every now and then i have a macdonalds experience (ie big mac is big mag mac but each time someone added a pickle or removed some lettuce - pretty much the same but a little different). I added 100mg 5mapb to about 80mg 6apb to try and weigh up what I was reading, that 5mapb added about 30% in way of effects etc. All i can say is I noticed little difference but it may be the MacDonalds effect again. I have some more 5mapb and I'll try and focus on that and report back.

Ugh be prepared for horrible mental state a couple of days after taking, felt fine the day after and utterly miserable the next day. What a completely shit drug.

that's like calling mdma shit drug, isn't it?

not that i'm defending it...

The vendors who've invested in the R&D getting a synth scaled up enough to make it viable will be looking after their product and making sure it's right, they have a new market to break with it that will be very lucrative, especially if they can hold on to the premium price they're asking for it going forward to recoup that investment now their major costs are out of the way. Other vendors will want to be onboard with them to take advantage of that too, but the premium price means the less scrupulous will take advantage of the unwary with cut stuff, or stuff they could maybe get away with passing off as 5-MAPB for a while before too many people clue in. Trouble is how you gonna know who's got the good stuff, and who's having your pants down without looking into them very carefully. Be sure they're people you can trust. I know who I'd put my faith in and oddly enough it's not the main vendor that brought it in, I don't like the way they operate.

any way that said i came into ask about 6-mapb iv seen its popped up any of you got to try it ?

I wish. Harder to make than the 5 isn't it? I'm sure a vendor has it all ready to synth up and move somewhere but think they might just be sitting on it for a while yet, partly to get as much out of the 5 while they can, partly to avoid any regulatory changes affecting the existing APBs that might be on the offing at some point in the not too distant future. Really looking forward to a trial with that, think we might finally have something will give MDMA a proper run for its money based on my trial with the 5.

I've seen it pop up as well, but not for sale. They could just be trying to get a jump on other vendors and get it up on their site first to create interest.

but.. all ive seen since 5-MAPB came out is people talking about waiting on/wanting 6-MAPB - so I'm sure its in the works. I'm also wondering if thats part of the strategy with releasing the 5 first? getting everyone salivating for the 6 and ramping up hype for it, and the thought of the combo (much like the APB combo, that most people seem to prefer) - so they'll buy both, when the 6 comes out. Obviously all speculation there, but its interesting.

I am just now slowly fading out of a 5-mapb trip, and I am not impressed. I almost felt like bad speed; it was confusing, and the euphoria is nowhere near 6-APB, part of the body high from APBs are there, but 5-mapb gave me some pscyhedelic effects that other APBs and MDMA does NOT have. And the worst thing is, that it is not even fun. I still think that 6-APB is closest to MDMA, but I never tried methylone. Does anyone else have had let than good experience(s) with 5-mapb, or is it just me? Because everyone seems praise it to stars.

Your post worries me because I'm gonna try that 5-MAPB tomorrow and I really like the 6-APB a lot like you do ! Now I'm hesitating to try that new one coz tomorrow is kind of a big night so I might prefer to take something that I know well in order to be sure to enjoy the party. Can you be more precise on the psychedelic effects ? Colours, distortions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.