• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorgo, if I understand correctly, you did ~400 mg in one day, that was your first experience with 5-mapb and you didn't feel overwhelmed?

Let me start by saying 400 mg is a huge dose, so if you felt you weren't high enough your batch was probably bunk. First time I did I took around 220 mg (which also is a HUGE dose with this drug) and trust me, it was noticeable like a huge brick house coming at you at the speed of light and hitting you with raw power. I once went just over 400 mg and it was just too much, I've written about the experience a few pages back. Having somehow reasonably abused this substance for 3 months (once every 10 day or so) I can vouch that even with tolerance ~80 mg is definitely noticeable, without question. I doubt what you got was pure 5-mapb. Plus, no comedown or ill after effects on a 400 mg dose doesn't sound like 5-mapb at all either.

What's your past experience with stims and/or serotonergic drugs?

I was thinking the same thing as well. As far as stims I've done Propylhexedrine (benzedrex), Vicodin and Adderall, and they never became a habit or gave me any adverse affects

Also, about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with major depression and a very serious panic disorder, which actually went away the middle of this year. I had no drug use besides weed before my depression. Just gonna list all the drugs I've taken and see if anything stands out. I smoked spice whenever I could get the chance probably for about 2 years straight. I also bought the branded stuff, so who knows how many chemicals screwed up my brain. When I stopped I interestingly didn't have withdrawal. I also abused my prescription benzos quite a bit (Xanax and Klonopin). I've taken Shrooms once and Acid twice, all good experiences. I had a small stint with DPH as I never got the negative trips everyone else got. I also have taken DXM at least once every other month for probably a year. More recently I've started taking Hydrocodone when I can get a hold of it more recently. Pretty much all of my drug use started after my depression. Now that my depression and panic disorder is gone my drug usage is much more spread out, but it seems like something along the way made me very hard-headed (same with my friend who was the person I always smoked spice with, so might be a connection there). Usually find myself having to take 3 times as much of a drug to get desired affects, and my friend is even worse. I also don't get weird hang-overs from most drugs like people normally would.

Still, I'm beginning to think it was maybe just the batch. Seems like everyone has had so many different reactions. For example, insufflating whatever I had stung like hell, while others in this thread said it didn't sting. I'm getting more supposed 5-MAPB really soon, so we'll see what happens.

I'd recommend don't take more than 100 mg for trial, whatever the batch may be. If you don't feel it at 100 mg, it's probably worth throwing away.

Like ColtDan said, 400 mg is an open invitation for severe brain zaps that might last weeks. But then again, people react differently to each drug.

all batches of 5-mapb exibit 5-ht2b agonism.
My understanding is that MDA is a 5-ht2b agonist. Is it known that 5-MAPB is as well? I cannot find this information (or maybe just haven't looked hard enough).

…from Neural and Cardiac Toxicities Associated With 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA):

Finally, the MDMA metabolite, 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), is a potent 5-HT(2B) agonistwhich could contribute to the increased risk of VHD observed in heavy MDMA users.

Last edited:
Your right, both MDMA and MDA are 5-ht2b agonists (so are most, if not all serotonin releasers to some extent), but these are partial agonists with far less affinity than the APB's. I definitely shouldn't have said the above as fact as 5-mapb hasn't been screened in particular, but all other APB's that have been researched show a very strong affinity to 5-ht2b, as well as being full agonists.

The point I was trying to make at the time is that if a substance has activity at a receptor, that's not gonna change batch to batch as 5-mapb is 5-mapb. I'm fairly certain 6-apdb's affinities can be found as well but I don't feel like scavenging it. With that said there's no reason to assume 5-mapb would be any different. The higher the number the lower the affinity. IME, this one caused the worse cardiac side-effects than the others, the blood pressure increase was really bad.

MDMA affinity for 5ht2b is around 500nm plus another 100nm of MDA
and 5/6apb are "only" 14nm and 3nm

Some notable high affinity interactions were observed
between 5-HT2B receptors for5-APB(Ki¼14 nM)and6-APB
(Ki¼3.7 nM),and 5-iodo-aminoindane(Ki¼70 nM). Functional
assays of 5-APB and 6-APB confirmed that these compounds
acted as potent(i.e.,nanomolar EC50 values) full agonists at
5-HT2B receptors
Found in this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...el-psychoactive-substances-(Eur-J-Pharmacol-)

About this study: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299912010114

Last edited:
I get effects of sound that feel really good when i hear them. Like a good warm, cozy, feeling when loud sounds come into play aswell as fuzzyness throughout my body and intense feelings of emapthy where i feel like being extremely friendly with everybody. Is this normal on 50-70mg insufflated doses?

Read through pretty much all of this thread, and really I'm surprised with all the negative reactions, so much that I feel like I should post mine cause me and my friend had quite the different experience than from what I read here.

About a month ago, I received a package from my trusted vendor of 5-MAPB. I purchased 1g to share between me and my friend. Was expecting something extremely interesting, as my friend always talks about how much he loves MDMA but I could just never get my hands on it.

It's 11:00AM. We parachute about 150mg each and drive over to the local nature trail. Then we insufflated about 100mg each when we arrived at the trail. It definitely stung, and at this point I notice the come-up every so slightly, probably from the parachute, but it was definitely a feeling I never experienced before.

We then get to walking on the trail. At this point we both can definitely tell we're getting somewhere. I heard all the noises of nature I never would've normally heard, and although I've walked on the trail a lot it seemed completely different now and 10x more serene. My friend spots a Flamingo and we agree to try and pet it, only to lose interest cause it wouldn't be worth the walk.

We decide to walk back to the car. Everything is even more serene and different on the walk back. We get in the car and then both of us stare forward. At the same time, we notice that the field in front of us is moving slowly away. We laugh about it and socialize for a while, talking about anything and everything. We soon share 200mg again at around 1:00pm, and my friend drops me back off at my house while he hangs out with his girlfriend for a little while.

I then snort about 50mg more at around 2:00pm. I start reading trip reports about 5-MAPB to try and compare the highs. I have the jaw clenches (but really it wasn't that bad at all), music sounds great, and I have a nice body high going on, but I'm nowhere near as high as most of the trip reports describe, even when I'm nearing 400mg. I wasn't extremely hot or anything, either.

My friend picks me back up and we finish off the rest of the 5-MAPB. We drive to the beach and then we can feel it kicking in again, but yet we both still feel like we're missing something and we should be higher. But alas, the fun day ends.

Now I was a little bit worried about going to sleep cause I thought I was going to feel terrible in the morning, when really it was the exact opposite. I felt more happy and social then I normally do when I woke up. Actually felt extremely well rested, but I was thinking it was just the after-glow or something. I was just waiting for some weird, not fun side effect to occur cause of some of the horror stories I read about 5-MAPB.

But 2 weeks passed and nothing. No brain zap or anything. And here I am now, over a month ago. Really is crazy the different reactions people have.

Overall, me and my friend really enjoy MAPB. Just not sure if what I received didn't have a good purity or something cause I feel like I should've been higher

Yeah, i dont get where all the people with neg reactions are coming from either. But i have heard from some very credible people that there have only been like two good batches of this stuff in the past year or 2 so i dont know what to think really. The first batch of it i got i thought the same thing. This is a mixture of some shit but then on further experiments it kept on getting better and better and after asking around i was told my batch is a good batch which came from one of the Best vendors. Cautious experimentation is a very valuable technique ime.

I will also say 110mg and 130mg orally was very underwhelming but 60mg nasally was overwhelming so maybe it acts like the 2c-t-7's and they get metabolized therefor orally less potent but insufflated is a definite go alteast ime. Tread with caution though as we all should do and as im still confused.

I did remembmer last nite that after a night binder on this stuff it was hard or damn near impossible to piss in toilet but as soon as effects wore off my bladder seems more relaxed and easily lets lose. That and tightness in jaw are all neg effects i noticed but to consider those REAL negative detrimental effects is not justice. Just very mild side effects of a drug that is suppose to do that. Never noticed REAL ill negative side effects from 5-MAPB that i can recall besides being overwhelmed and shocked a couple times by the intensity (too much 5-mapb). which dont clasify as side effects in my book.

Last edited:
Oh god you have to love that stuff. Helped me with my best silvester ever and fix a ton of broken relationships

I've taken mdma again, after all these years, and I'd say that 5 mapb is:

Weaker
Has less of a "push"
5 mapb is good for flooring it, but mdma is better at everything else
The euphoria and empathy is stronger on mdma by far
No vasoconstriction, thank God, from e.

But I'm on it now, again, and it's a much more euphoric high than 5 mapb. 5 mapb wasn't bad though, I liked the trial I had with it. It was my first time getting RCs on my own. It came pretty close to mdma, so I'll call it mdma jr.

It's great for chillin or relaxing, and herb goes with it well too. :)

Personally, it didn't mix well with tryptamines either. The tryptamines always overpowered it into nothingness. Or near nothingness, by my senses at least.

5 mapb has less of a comedown and most of the time, not at all. Just based on how users in here as well as people around me that like it too.

Just be cautious of its cardiotoxicity. Don't redose, even though it's so easy to and it works really good. It's moreish, as they say.

Edit: I got nystagmus harder on 5 mapb too. That was surprising for sure. Eye roll? Superb. Actual roll? Not so much.

I do have a crappy tolerance to stims though. I was guilty of re-dosing too, but I got that vaso so obv that scared me. Shit was strong, in a not so good way. But that's just my experience with it. It was good though, still. =D

Last edited:
After lots of experimenting, I stumbled onto my favorite way of doing 5-mapb:
Insufflate 50 mg (wait 10-15 min)
Drink 50 mg
Take a shot of vodka…bliss!=D
Rinse, repeat as needed (and with caution)
This method amplified and extended the effects greatly.

I've taken mdma again, after all these years, and I'd say that 5 mapb is:

Weaker
Has less of a "push"
5 mapb is good for flooring it, but mdma is better at everything else
The euphoria and empathy is stronger on mdma by far
No vasoconstriction, thank God, from e.

But I'm on it now, again, and it's a much more euphoric high than 5 mapb. 5 mapb wasn't bad though, I liked the trial I had with it. It was my first time getting RCs on my own. It came pretty close to mdma, so I'll call it mdma jr.

It's great for chillin or relaxing, and herb goes with it well too. :)

Personally, it didn't mix well with tryptamines either. The tryptamines always overpowered it into nothingness. Or near nothingness, by my senses at least.

5 mapb has less of a comedown and most of the time, not at all. Just based on how users in here as well as people around me that like it too.

Just be cautious of its cardiotoxicity. Don't redose, even though it's so easy to and it works really good. It's moreish, as they say.

Edit: I got nystagmus harder on 5 mapb too. That was surprising for sure. Eye roll? Superb. Actual roll? Not so much.

I do have a crappy tolerance to stims though. I was guilty of re-dosing too, but I got that vaso so obv that scared me. Shit was strong, in a not so good way. But that's just my experience with it. It was good though, still. =D

Pretty well put Kl519!

Hmm, thanks. I've been able to give a better comparison after dropping recently.

The original is way better!

I ate a ton of MDMA and MDA in my teens leading up into my early twenties. Loved the stuff and though I took it a bit too far sometimes can honestly say those were some of the best times in my life. It has been years since I have been able to find any and am thinking about trying 5-Mapb for the first time here soon. The main vendor that I get my MXE from also offers 5-mapb and if it is of similar quality I do suppose I am in for a treat. I miss the empathy, euphoria, and nostalgia provided by empathogens.

Yeah, if you don't want or have access to mdma, 5 mapb is a pretty good replacement. Just remember not to take too much or too often, which works better than mdma but it will most likely be more toxic.

Other than that, it's really good at what it does. :)

Is this (or 6-mapb) water soluble? I'm having a hard time finding injection reports anywhere. If you or someone you know has IVed or IMed this, please share your experiences.

Yes, it is soluble.
Yes, I did (IM, 50 mg + 70 mg).

Can add to post that first hour or two I just layed at coach because effects were kept and kept intensifying so few times I even thought I will puke but glad it wasn't happen.
As for re-dose 70 mg was more or less enough. But I wouldn't suggest it at first time. Even 50 mg felt enough (at least first 1.5 hrs). Shame I couldn't control myself and enjoy the trip but rather wished to make it harder (like I usually did with methylone).

Few days later after mentioned post I went into binge with 50 mg re-dosing every 1-2 hrs. Strictly don't recommend do this. While it is not only pointless and can't give you initial rush and high, it have some long-lasting nasty side-effects and can be dangerous itself (find CaptainKratom's and other's messages here).

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I will have some 5-MAPB (HCL) , how is this stuff? There is too much pages... I never took a 5/6-XXX compound.

How is it on the body? I'm a lightweigh girl (45kg), it wont kill me right?

Thank you!

Hi guys,

I will have some 5-MAPB (HCL) , how is this stuff? There is too much pages... I never took a 5/6-XXX compound.

Thank you!

I recommend you do NOT take more than 80mg of 5-MAPB orally, lest you have an overwhelming experience and a harsh comedown. Also please avoid snorting this stuff, it's rocket fuel.

5-MAPB is very similar to MDMA (Ecstasy). Just don't overdo it. Take between 50 and 100 mg for a first dose, on an empty stomach. Since you only weight 45 kilos, aim closer to 50 mg unless you are an experienced ecstasy user. If you insist on redosing, take a single redose after 1 to 3 hours. Make sure you have the redose weighted out before you drop the first time, you won't be able to do it properly once you're rolling.

Make sure you don't get dehydrated, but don't drink ridiculous amounts of water either. So keep a bottle of water with you at all times and remember to take a sip every now and then. Chill out from time to time so you don't get overheated. Don't mix with other drugs, apart from cannabis if you really want to.

If you really want to do it properly, take some vitamin C and vitamin E, or just a good multi vitamin, 1 or 2 hours before you drop. It will protect your brain cells somewhat, or at least it won't hurt. Have some soup, yoghurt or some other easy to swallow food from time to time so your blood sugar keeps up.

Do this and you'll be fine and have a great time.

Then wait at least 2 months before taking 5-MAPB, MDMA, or similar chemicals again.

And don't panic if you start feeling lousy and everything feels wrong. Very rarely, MDMA type drugs can do this, and then you simply have to wait it out for a few hours, instead of doing something crazy and getting yourself in trouble. Have some food and a spliff, it's not the end of the world.

I'm assuming you got your 5-MAPB from an online "research chemicals" vendor? The biggest risk with those is that they send you a completely different and stronger compound. So you should do the so called allergy test before you take a full dose. At least one day before dropping a full dose, you try the tiniest speck of the drug, make sure it is no more than 1mg. Wait at least three hours, preferably 12 or more, to see if you got another substance, or if you turn out to be allergic to it. Then you should repeat this trial with a 5mg dose, again, a very small amount. Preferably you should then work your way up with subsequent doses, but very few people seem to bother with this.

This is no joke; there has been quite a few deaths over the years when people were sold extremely strong drugs like Bromo Dragonfly instead of the drug they thought they bought. It can happen so easily, the vendor mixes up the bags or the Chinese manufacturer simply was out of stock and sent something else with a new label.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Thank you!

You will find it very similar to mdma, except lacking the magic (most likely) and it will probably have more of a sedative effect, instead of a "rush of energy and wanting to move" like on mdma. There are concerns about this chem being cardiotoxic, especially from re-dosing or high doses. The duration and overall feel will be almost exactly the same.

Nah, it won't kill. But still, be cautious and dose it how you would with mdma (100mg, normal dose). And take the same precautions you would with mdma.

Also mdma itself is actually a lot better. I've done both a lot, but ya 5 mapb is certainly not bad at all. Your body will feel a buzz and stim high, so the body high does feel light and tactile sensations are very good. Well, just like mdma. :)

It's almost as if 5 mapb is a cross between meth and mdma, so it'll feel like somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but 5 mapb is like a really strong stimulant with a few mdma qualities tacked on to it. Hope that helps.

Edit: Ohhh, it's the hcl version. Should probably start at 70mg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.