• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical phenethylamine SAR suggests that the compound should have very limited psychedelic activity (due to reduced 5ht2a agonism in comparison to 5apb), along with increased potency and selectivity for SERT. We'll see how this pans out. Surprises abound.
I imagine that as with MDMA the demethylated cousin will be a not insignificant contributor to the effect profile.

As for the compounds status as a new MDMA -- I suggest just trying to appreciate them for what they are. It will be more enjoyable that way.

And -next- time don't start with such a high dose of an unknown compound. >.>

As for the compounds status as a new MDMA -- I suggest just trying to appreciate them for what they are. It will be more enjoyable that way.

This seems like a requirement to me.

Nothing the scene has produced could really be described as a replacement for a popular illegal drug. Lots of fantastic analogues have been produced but they all have their own strengths and weaknesses,

^This. It's the closest RC I've yet found and produced very good results in a club, effects were broadly similar but it's still not quite there. Not quite as full-on as far as energy, euphoria and empathy are concerned. You'd probably feel there was something missing if you took it expecting an exact substitute and be disappointed by it. Take it for what it is though and I think it's a very worthwhile substance.

I am just now slowly fading out of a 5-mapb trip, and I am not impressed. I almost felt like bad speed; it was confusing, and the euphoria is nowhere near 6-APB, part of the body high from APBs are there, but 5-mapb gave me some pscyhedelic effects that other APBs and MDMA does NOT have. And the worst thing is, that it is not even fun. I still think that 6-APB is closest to MDMA, but I never tried methylone. Does anyone else have had let than good experience(s) with 5-mapb, or is it just me? Because everyone seems praise it to stars.

do you think people who run these RC vendor sites use these drugs themselves?

Are you looking for a kind of blanket statement that is bound to be incorrect?
If what you're wondering about is how they make up their minds about what to sell and what to hype, I think that is a complex feedback loop kind of system between the source labs and people who are checking what can be synthed for how much and what molecules are dreamt up hither and yonder to orchestrate how a lot of money can be made.
How a plan is actually made to sell a substance is where the 'complex' might come in: first an idea is probably formed of what might be good and in a good portion of cases I would bet that there is a select group of people who qualify a sample, to decide if it should be taken to a next stage.
Shit analogues are probably handled more casually than what might be a big payday like 6-APB. In those cases you might see "cartel-formation", like a group of vendors isolating themselves as official sources, maybe matching prices, etc.

That's my idea.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can't make 6-MAPB from 6-APB. It's not as simple as just sticking a carbon on.

I don't see how this would be any different than making MDMA from MDA (see PiKHAL). So I imagine it could be done. The question would instead be whether such a method would give good yield at industrial scale on what probably is fairly primitive manufacturing equipment.

It pains me to say but I think that's where the discussion has to stop folks.

It will all come down to economics at the end. Whatever allows them the biggest margins is the route they will take at this scale. Certainly if you're working on a shulgin-scale then the conversion is possible, but shulgin's motivation was for the love of his subject, never to make a quick buck.

Commissioning a synthesis project requires a lot of capital and it looks like prices are being fixed so I expect that vendors are pooling resources together rather than trying to develop multiple targets in parallel. Again, this spreads risk and prevents them racing the price to the bottom so the monetary motivation is simple.

Why they chose 5-MAPB though, is less clear. If I were a vendor I'd be expecting a ban pretty soon so I'd have wanted to collaborate on the blockbuster, which seems more likely to be 6-MAPB.

Perhaps the availability of 5-APB.HCl tells us something. Perhaps 5-APB is easier or cheaper to produce. Ever the cynic, that would be my guess.

I've had two nights out with this now.

Tried both nights insufflated...it burns no end, but the come up is incredibly fast. Can feel waves of it within minutes.

It's very social...but at the same time it can make you want to shut up and just be around people..odd.
It's also great with disco music...

It reminded me of the first few times I tried MDMA.

Difficult to sleep for a few nights after.

so snorting this is a viable option?

sickkk, roughly what sized lines in ========= this scale

I hope you're joking t6apb. The only sensible way of dosing this is by weighing it out and getting an idea for yourself. Everyone has different sized screens and everyone makes different width lines.

Cannibal: It might be the precursors but I expect they would be starting with a benzofuran derivative. Certainly p-hydroxylated phenyl compounds wouldn't be the most suitable for making benzofurans. I would prefer if we kept clear of discussing specific precursors though.

This might seem ovious
But is the only differance between this 5mapb
And mdma one of the oxigens is a cabon
Making a double bond?

MDMA-Logo.jpg
2012-12-12-16-46-50-101361.jpg

Both have N-methyl (the carbon on the amine / nitrogen).

It is an amphetamine, whether you have seen it classed as one or not :)

got to love our oblivious drug laws in the uk and similar countries, just hope it never turns into Australian type laws that have all anologues and such part of the act

Is there any consensus on the latency to effect & overall duration being shorter with this as opposed to their non methylated counterparts?

Status
Not open for further replies.