• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
apb's easy to find outside of the uk so whats the worry? i can still get methylone if i wanted (not that i would, eurgh)

You have to admit it's nice to be in possession of small quantities and know that there is no legal risk associated with it. Bans don't really stop anyone but they do take that peace of mind.

I have lots of different dosage information; so what is the potency in percent compared to 6-apb and MDMA?

Even though many people say they only have to take 100 mg 6-apb to get full effects, I have to take at least 200 mg to get full effects, am I the only one that has to take this dosage?

Trip report of my first excursion with it on a night out originally posted elsewhere:

Well colour me impressed. Split 200mg down into four 50mg bombs wrapped up in rizla, went clubbing on the stuff with a colleague after the work xmas do to give it a proper trial in a field setting as it were with excellent, much better than expected results. This is good stuff.

My mate only had 50mg orally, dancing like a good 'un telling me he was fucked, finding even that small amount pretty mongy and spacey. 150mg taken in two oral doses of first 50mg a couple of hours before we got to the club and then 100mg once I was in had me rocking my balls off three hours straight no problem, strutting about the dancefloor playing off of people who were as on one as I was with a massive euphoric grin all over my face. Found conversation a little difficult each time a dose came up spacing me out but better later and really sociable, nicely chatty. Doesn't have the extreme full-on empathogenic, entactogenic qualities of MDMA, nor does it have quite the same danceability feeling you can't put a foot wrong skipping about but did for me all the same, busting me best moves and throwing some right shapes making flirtacious eye contact with the handful of hot girls my kind of age whenever the opportunity presented itself. No further than that unfortunately cos even E / E substitutes can't make a self-conscious introvert into a silver-tongued charmer knows just what to say to get a complete stranger to take him home and fuck him seven ways to Sunday, plus by the time I'd plucked up the courage to try my luck with the girl who seemed to have responded most positively to me little flirts it was getting into last hour. One ill-timed trip to the toilet, came back down and she'd gone. :(

Anyways, the MAPB, yeah . . . . has a lovely all over tingle and a deep fuzziness in the temples, comes up more like MDA than MDMA in that there is no rush, just a steadily increasing buzz, didn't seem to be any body-load to report, heart felt pretty normal given the exertion, puts the biggest euphoric grin on your face, generally feel more outgoing and confident on it, more open and honest, relaxed and chilled out too. No visuals whatsoever really beyond eye-wiggle type disturbances affecting focus, may be a slight increase in light intensity but neglible if there, hard to say. Come-down seems very smooth, like the other APBs, slightly thick and heavy head but no more than that, certainly not the kind of crash you might expect with adulterated MDMA, coke, speed, etc though it did get very spacey from time to time, too spacey when a tiny amount of cannabinoids entered my system. Not all that coherent for a time, short term memory so buggered I'd start a sentence and by the time I'd got to the end of a couple of clauses I'd forgotten what the subject was or what I wanted to say. Moments of complete drifting away to G*d knows where feeling very content and thinking not at all, all mental chatter stilled.

I couldn't make a direct comparison to MDMA or MDA saying this is as good as either really, each have their own quite special qualities other drugs don't mimic very well but there was enough there to give most of what you'd you'd be looking for from the illegals without feeling it's entirely a poor man's inferior choice. I think I actually underdosed for me a little being cautious with the first 50mg so I'm sure there's more to be had from it, would probably start 100mg next time see how that feels and redose as needed. Current pricing half as much more again what you'd probably pay for a g of MDMA defies all logic but once the price falls, even if it's only down to on par with E I might be inclined to think £x amount for something legal and as pure as the driven snow beats risking the same £x amount and possible arrest on a Class A of dubious quality, there's enough there to be worthwhile, if not an exact substitute.

Can't wait to try this out. Got a number of pellets that are claimed 5apb/5mapb mix from my fave trusted supplier. I'm well used to 6&5 on there own and in combo. If it gets me on that dancefloor like those 2 do il be happy

my main draw for 6apb over mdma was the lack of a two day later crushing depression.

how was the comedown later in the week? any tuesday blues?

None whatsoever Po with the one trial I've had of it, ~300mg total over about 18ish hours all in though the later doses were a waste of time after a bit. It's just moreish stuff and my mate kept asking for another line long after I knew it would be doing bugger all but still allowed it and followed suit hoping I was wrong and there was more still to be had from it. 8) Felt fine the next day after an easy restful sleep, no Suicide Tuesday whatsoever. I expected to suffer a bit more cos it's definitely more stimulating and energetic than 6-APB with a shorter duration, faster more intense peak with a faster come-down, more euphoric too and does redose well the first few hours or so so more tempting to push it a little. It doesn't hit quite the same heights as E so doesn't hit quite the same lows either, nothing like the crash I used to get from early '90s Es. Dare say that would change with over-frequent use but we're all too sensible to be doing it week in, week out, aren't we? :sus: ;)

Last edited:
None whatsoever Po with the one trial I've had of it, ~300mg total over about 18ish hours all in though the later doses were a waste of time after a bit. It's just moreish stuff and my mate kept asking for another line long after I knew it would be doing bugger all but still allowed it and followed suit hoping I was wrong and there was more still to be had from it. 8) Felt fine the next day after an easy restful sleep, no Suicide Tuesday whatsoever. I expected to suffer a bit more cos it's definitely more stimulating and energetic than 6-APB with a shorter duration, faster more intense peak with a faster come-down, more euphoric too and does redose well the first few hours or so so more tempting to push it a little. It doesn't hit quite the same heights as E so doesn't hit quite the same lows either, nothing like the crash I used to get from early '90s Es. Dare say that would change with over-frequent use but we're all too sensible to be doing it week in, week out, aren't we? :sus: ;)

so you were snorting this? how is it to snort?

No problem. Nothing at all like 6-APB if you've ever been daft enough to try snorting that, that's truly vile. Doesn't have anything like the eye-watering bite of the 5-APB HCl either, no real burn at all, any discomfort was trivial and passed in seconds. Not much drip either cos we're talking amounts less than 50mg, a lot less than that with the redoses I had. It is very fine so have to snort very gently to stop it flying straight to the back of the throat and into your lungs but other than it was quite pleasant to snort.

well apparently its shorter acting which would be ideal for clubbing
lol for most people who consume drugs in club settings over here in germany, thered be more desire for extended duration imho...

@Tryptamine Bunny
How the fuck do you develope an MDMA problem anyway? I really love the stuff and it's always been easily available here. I've abused any substance I've gotten my hands on, but MDMA? Couldn't even imagine unless I'd have no chance of getting any other drugs at the time...

my main draw for 6apb over mdma was the lack of a two day later crushing depression.

how was the comedown later in the week? any tuesday blues?

^ Just thought it was worth noting that the replies you get are going to be very subjective. In my experience there seems to be a real split when it comes to peoples hangovers/comedowns, people seem to fall under one of two types usually with these substances:

1) Harsh comedowns/hangovers from the more dopaminergic substances like 6-APB, Methylone while the more serotonergic compounds like 5-APB and MDMA provide an easier going experience
2) The exact opposite

I fall under 1 and I'd guess you fall under 2 from your post.

I'm not sure since I haven't tried it and there's no info out there yet on how much serotonin/dopamine/norepinephrine this is releasing but I'd hazard a guess that it'd be more likely to fall in the more serotonergic bunch.

It certainly should be more serotonergic than 6-APB, so if you find MDMA and the more serotonergic compounds to be the worst for comedowns/hangovers then this isn't likely to be as good as 6-APB in that respect for you. That said, it's possible it may be somewhere inbetween 6-APB and MDMA, and being similar in overall effects to MDMA this could make it a worthwhile alternative. :)

I get comedowns from both, but dopaminergic substances it's quick and painful, whereas serotonergic I have an afterglow for a day then a comedown over the next week or so. :?

lol for most people who consume drugs in club settings over here in germany, thered be more desire for extended duration imho...

obviously its all dependent on what type of club we're on about ha

i was on about your average normal hours club, where you can drop, come up, peak and comedown in a few hours and go home to bed :)

^ Just thought it was worth noting that the replies you get are going to be very subjective. In my experience there seems to be a real split when it comes to peoples hangovers/comedowns, people seem to fall under one of two types usually with these substances:

1) Harsh comedowns/hangovers from the more dopaminergic substances like 6-APB, Methylone while the more serotonergic compounds like 5-APB and MDMA provide an easier going experience
2) The exact opposite

I fall under 1 and I'd guess you fall under 2 from your post.

I'm not sure since I haven't tried it and there's no info out there yet on how much serotonin/dopamine/norepinephrine this is releasing but I'd hazard a guess that it'd be more likely to fall in the more serotonergic bunch.

It certainly should be more serotonergic than 6-APB, so if you find MDMA and the more serotonergic compounds to be the worst for comedowns/hangovers then this isn't likely to be as good as 6-APB in that respect for you. That said, it's possible it may be somewhere inbetween 6-APB and MDMA, and being similar in overall effects to MDMA this could make it a worthwhile alternative. :)

very good points here

Last edited:
Must admit sometimes it would be handy for a shorter acting substance. But it works both ways. If it lasts longer, I just stay out longer ? although I guess if your town has no all night venues, it can be annoying.

that just seems to be the thing about all these RCs, they last forever, your right that it works both ways but it would be nice to have the option

If I know I ain't gonna be out all night, I just drive anyway. Alcohol long lost its appeal. Quite happy out sober. Don't leave the car touch anything chem wise unless I'm gonna still be out til 6am at least. Although that could change if I can be up and down within few hours ?

RC vendors advertise this compound as very similar to MDMA. so who has tried both and can confirm or disprove this claim?

also, has anyone an idea why this compound has been brought to the market instead of 6-MAPB? has 5-MAPB probably more desireable effects than 6-MAPB, or is it just easier to synthesize? is anyone aware of 6-MAPB having been ever made, or even bioassayed?

Last edited:
I think they're just drawing them out. Wait for interest in one to wain then drop the next sort of thing.

RC vendors advertise this compound as very similar to MDMA. so who has tried both and can confirm or disprove this claim?

also, has anyone an idea why this compound has been brought to the market instead of 6-MAPB? has 5-MAPB probably more desireable effects than 6-MAPB, or is it just easier to synthesize? is anyone aware of 6-MAPB having been ever made, or even bioassayed?

I'm not sure but I would find it very very strange if 6-APB is an extremely available drug yet 5-MAPB would be easier to synthesize. x-MAPB can be made either from x-APB or from a precursor of it, all of which are most abundant in the 6-xAPB form today. So I have no explanation other than that 5-MAPB was found to be more desirable in a 'pilot'. If 6-MAPB was not made and they were not compared that would seem crooked and retarded to me.

Claims of drugs being similar to MDMA in advertisements are probably virtually as old as MDMA bans. So I'm just gonna ignore that if you don't mind. :)

Speaking of marketing ploys, I can get on board with cannibalsnail there ^.

I'm pretty sure you can't make 6-MAPB from 6-APB. It's not as simple as just sticking a carbon on.

Status
Not open for further replies.