• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica & Benzo Potentiation

TheTwighlight

Bluelighter
I'm about to start taking pregabalin instead of gabapentin again, for severe neuropathy. I just recently started taking clonazepam again, 2mg twice a day, so 2mg twice, about 8-10 hours apart.
I guess my question is, does anyone here have any experience mixing the two, and how much is the pregabalin going to potentiate the clonazepam? I will be taking 150mg pregabalin 3x/day. So, how strong will the clonazepam be at this dose? Is there a way to find out? Will the 4mg end up feeling like 5, or maybe 6mg?
I'm sure you all see where I'm coming from. I also take 400mg tramadol/day, and will be starting on another pain medication soon, a stronger one. I am currently tapering off methadone because I just had major surgery, but they still don't have a problem with me being on pain meds, because tramadol does NOT cut it. And methadone is a terrible, worthless painkiller.
But anyhow, my main question is: How strong will the clonazepam end up feeling, dosage-wise?

I personally enjoy this combination.

The best dosing would be to take pregablin about 30 minutes after clonazepam (Both orally) as medically prescribed to you.
It should enhance the comforting effects of Clonazepam, and the clonazepam should enhance the comforting/euphoric effects of pregablin.

I've done this multiple times and I fail to see an exact "doseage" potentiation. It's more so a reinforcement of certain aspects.

I see what you're saying. But I appreciate your response. I've combined the two more times than I can count, but that was back when I was a junkie, and I would usually mix both in ridiculous amounts. So, as you can imagine, I never really got any idea what they really DID for each other in the correct, prescribed amounts. Plus, when I did it before, there were usually lots of other drugs involved...

Lyrica (Pregabalin) is a wonderful drug IMO. It potentiates both opioids & benzodiazepines greatly, and goes very nice with them. I've been going a little too hard on the Lyrica lately, so I am going cut back a bit. I notice that if you repeat the same high dosage of Pregabalin more than twice a week, its pointless for me especially since I've been on Pregabalin for 7 years. So if I take a high dosage for Pregabalin more than twice per week, and I try again, especially in a row, I will not get any better results than if I took my normal dosage basically. Thats the key to everything is moderation, I just have an extremely hard time doing that. But Lyrica in Moderation is like a miracle capsule sometimes if you have the right dosage and everything.

i never had a chance to try pregabalin yet tho i would love to. I did however get to mix clonazepam with gabapentin (no tolerance to gabapentin at all) and got insanely fucked up. It was a weird surprise. I hear tolerance sets in quickly with both gabapentin and pregabalin but the 2 days i was on gabapentin i was euphoric, falling over and can't really remember much.

Yeah, pregabalin definitely CAN be a miracle drug if used & not ABused. I take clonazepam with 1600mg total/day of gabapentin every day and have been since restarting the clonazepam, so I naturally don't feel any potentiation, simply because I started off that way. pregabalin and/or gabapentin have been a constant for the last 8 years.

150mg of pregabalin 3x a day ontop of the clonazepam will potentiate it to a great deal. Honestly - I was taking 200mg 3x a day along with 20mg of diazepam 3x a day and couldn't keep my eyes open for longer than 10 minutes.

It's very potent when mixed with benzos from my experience.

I think though that you have quite a tolerance to the stuff so it shouldn't e too much of an issue. I had built up my tolerance over 3 months, so I guess it's a lot different of a situation to mine.

I'd still be careful though. Introduce the clonaz at 1mg first and see how you react if you're worried.

Which do you think is better, taking lyrica before benzos, or taking lyrica after?

I think lyrica before benzos is better in my opinion. It has it's own personal feel and smoothness, and when the benzo is added it becomes more euphoric and calming. I usually used to take them at the same time - that wa the best for me.

I think lyrica before benzos is better in my opinion. It has it's own personal feel and smoothness, and when the benzo is added it becomes more euphoric and calming. I usually used to take them at the same time - that wa the best for me.

pregabalin onset is around 1 to 1,5 hours for full stomach it might take even 4 hours, while clonazepam onset is around 10-30 minutes. So that would make it like you took clonazepam first and then pregabalin because of the onset. I think it should be better to wait that pregabvalin has already effects on you before taking clonazepam. But thanks for advice, I just took 2mg clonazepam and but I already had some pregabalin effects on me from last day when I took 4 g of this drug (yes totally wasting of pregabalin, but I jsut tried because I have high tolarence) any way I just took 1g pregabalin, dont worry kids I have high tolerance, dont try this at home. But maybe tomorrow I try to take just pregabalin first then the clonazepam.

Lyrica (Pregabalin) is a wonderful drug IMO. It potentiates both opioids & benzodiazepines greatly, and goes very nice with them. I've been going a little too hard on the Lyrica lately, so I am going cut back a bit. I notice that if you repeat the same high dosage of Pregabalin more than twice a week, its pointless for me especially since I've been on Pregabalin for 7 years. So if I take a high dosage for Pregabalin more than twice per week, and I try again, especially in a row, I will not get any better results than if I took my normal dosage basically. Thats the key to everything is moderation, I just have an extremely hard time doing that. But Lyrica in Moderation is like a miracle capsule sometimes if you have the right dosage and everything.

So will I get "pregabalin high" if I dont take the megadoses for a week? I can also stop using them only been on them for 1 week, going over to clonazepam for one week, and then back to lyricas. Anybody knows if this is safe way to do? I mean as they both are GABAs will I get wds IF I use 1 week pregablin, 1 week clonazpema and so one for like 2 months or longer? I mean they act on different receptors so they shouldn't continue the physical dependence risk over? Like it didn't matter if you took kpins or lyricas they all the same for brain?

Last edited: