Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meth - Experienced - i almost died from injecting methamphetamine

addicted91

Greenlighter
I never thought you could really overdose on meth..I am a strong believer of it now. I have been injecting meth since I was 18 I am almost 22 years old now. I have always been addicted to the rush you get when you inject meth, it is the most wonderful feeling you could ever imagine. I never thought it was possible to do too much. I was mistaken. I usually do a 30 unit shot when injecting the drug but this time I did a 60 unit of crystal meth(a quarter gram shot) and it was way too much for me. I instantly lost my breath and had to gasp for air it felt like somebody just took a torch to my whole body, I couldn't see straight I couldn't hear and I couldn't talk or walk..my stomach hurt so bad like someone had just stabbed me multiple times..I just sit in the bathroom floor holding my stomach..confused, dizzy, scared. It was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced.

substancecode_meth
substancecode_methamphetamine
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_negative
exptype_health

Last edited by a moderator:
Also it didn't make me speed like its supposed to..it made my eyes all droopy and I was pretty much out of it until the following day..

of course you can overdo speed. my friend had a lump of base orally that her mums boyfriend gave her and it was very pure and she couldn't walk/get up off the bed, got tinnitus, her face froze and her mum thought she'd had a stroke. she said it was horrible. the guy had a high tolerance to it so it seemed like a reasonable amount to him

Last edited:
Seriously be careful, man! I hope this is a lesson learned because if you're going to be doing drugs just don't over do it and take a lot at once regardless of how high of a tolerance you may have. Same thing happened to me once when I took a combination of drugs. I remember all the blood rushing up to my head, making my vision go black and my face was red and it literally felt on fire. Not a good feeling I can tell you that.

Hopefully you are not like me and need 10,000 near death experiences before you finally wake up.

22 is young. But you are not yet in the prime of your life. If you continue to use meth you are going to miss out on the prime of your life. That's just a simple fact.

Take my word for it. Thanks for sharing - BD

Also it didn't make me speed like its supposed to..it made my eyes all droopy and I was pretty much out of it until the following day..

I similar thing happens to me when i take to much. The high instantly turns into this weird clear headed state where you feel sober or far less stimulated then you where before, much less euphoria and you start to notice and obsess over all the side effects. Its like it hit the kill switch because you took to much. And then all the physical side effects get worse and vasoC hits and you hate your life for the next 7 hours

OP, i dont suppose you could describe warning signs of a dose getting to high or a way to identify you are near to much.

I struggle to judge how high I am. The dose range is so huge and often the experience doesnt match what you know you dosed.
I could honestly say that if i did a binge and let somebody else dose me and not know dosages I would have no clue how high i was or what dose i was on.

That sounds pretty scary... Take it easy with that stuff you definently can OD especially with double your usual dose!

Yeah, stimulant overdoses are really terrifying. I've only shot meth a few times and thankfully never pushed the limit too far (though the size of my shots kept doubling in size immediately..), but I have overdosed from shooting cocaine, which sounds similar. I was basically stuck on my floor for an hour, unable to move or hear. I also experienced really insane visual disturbances and spasms in my extremities. Take care of yourself dude, I'm like you, been an Iv drug user since 19 (I'm 24 now), and it gets really fucking ugly. Last year I nearly died from MRSA due to the compulsive nature of IV stimulants (and the unhygienic practices that seem to follow the use). Sure the rush is amazing, but not worth dying for.

You're really starting to get into dangerous territory with amphetamines if:

You're heart starts to race, you get flushed and vomit....Feel like you're rocking back and forth while sitting down and you're not really moving at all....

I've had that twice, once from meth once from MDPV....I've had really terrifying IV coke stuff as well..

I've done stimulants several hundreds of times in my life, and I also know I can wotk myself into a panic that can seem like an OD and you can probably actually "talk yourself" into a seizure or a heart attack(god bless benzos)....but there's a difference between actually ODing and just psychologically fucking with yourself....

It is proven you can't overdose on Crystal Meth... You can do too much for your body to handle and it actually make you go to sleep so your body can fight it off... but not overdose. The reaction you had is not an overdose it is simply what it is, a reaction. Good and clean Crystal will give you that reaction EVERYtime no matter the amount you inject. I had a incident where I got a bad batch and it caused me to completely loose my sight for about 5 minutes but it's simply what it is a reaction. When I was a everyday user of methamphetamin I would actually do a couple grams at a time so that it would throw me into a seizure... I had two different people two different times call 911 when I did it and it still isn't an overdose.. It is just your bodys reaction. When I was in my worser days a friend and I even tried to purposely overdose and it just isn't possible.. your body will "shut down" but all you do is go to sleep... It is medically proven you can't actually overdose.. Now there are cases that if you go to the hospital because of a reaction your body does the paperwork will say "overdose" becuase they simply don't have anything else to call it.

^^ It's entirely untrue that it's been "proven" you can't overdose on meth. You certainly can.

Why would you purposely put yourself into a seizure by doing grams of meth at a time? What was your reason for doing so?

Good and clean Crystal will give you that reaction EVERYtime no matter the amount you inject. I had a incident where I got a bad batch and it caused me to completely loose my sight for about 5 minutes but it's simply what it is a reaction.

8( ...

It is proven you can't overdose on Crystal Meth... You can do too much for your body to handle and it actually make you go to sleep so your body can fight it off... but not overdose. The reaction you had is not an overdose it is simply what it is, a reaction. Good and clean Crystal will give you that reaction EVERYtime no matter the amount you inject. I had a incident where I got a bad batch and it caused me to completely loose my sight for about 5 minutes but it's simply what it is a reaction. When I was a everyday user of methamphetamin I would actually do a couple grams at a time so that it would throw me into a seizure... I had two different people two different times call 911 when I did it and it still isn't an overdose.. It is just your bodys reaction. When I was in my worser days a friend and I even tried to purposely overdose and it just isn't possible.. your body will "shut down" but all you do is go to sleep... It is medically proven you can't actually overdose.. Now there are cases that if you go to the hospital because of a reaction your body does the paperwork will say "overdose" becuase they simply don't have anything else to call it.

Uhh.....yup

[h=2]Methamphetamine Overdose[/h]The most common cause of death associated with methamphetamine is multiple organ failure resembling that resulting from heatstroke.[1] Norephenephrine release in peripheral blood vessels and in the heart can lead to cardiovascular collapse secondary to ventricular fibrillation or cerebral stroke and hemorrhage caused by a drug-induced rise in blood pressure. There are other rarer causes of death, including poisoning by heavy metals (e.g., lead) introduced as contaminants in illicitly manufactured supplies of methamphetamine, and liver failure.[2,3]
Depending on the route of administration, signs and symptoms of MA overdose include:[4,5]

• Chest pain
  • Arrhythmias
  • Hypertension or Hypotension
  • Difficult or labored breathing (Dyspnea)
  • Agitation
  • Hallucinations
  • Psychosis
  • Seizures
  • Rapid or slow heart beat (tachycardia or bradycardia)
  • Hyperthermia

The hyperthermia that occurs frequently during MA overdose can be due to muscular hyperactivity, the increased metabolic demands on the body, or a hypothalamus malfunction. Most cases presenting MA toxicity will exhibit hypertension and often sedatives are used to treat it.[6] In addition, hypertension can result in cerebral infarcts, which also may be attributed to ischemia or hemorrhage.[5]

http://methoide.fcm.arizona.edu/infocenter/index.cfm?stid=216

When I was a everyday user of methamphetamin I would actually do a couple grams at a time so that it would throw me into a seizure... I had two different people two different times call 911 when I did it and it still isn't an overdose.. It is just your bodys reaction.

You, sir, are indeed a lucky junky. Your powers of self-deception have achieved legendary status.

But seriously, be careful... jeez...

I'd like to tell you about my experience just a few days ago. I smoke meth. Not as often as most who do this but I do. From my experience in the past I've never gone through any type of seizures or even breathing issues. The only type of issues I would encouter were physiological. I would literally see shadows or black figures at the corner of my eye and I would hear voices of people I knew who were not there at the moment. During that period of my use of the drug everything was all in my head and at the time I was doing <snip>worth of it everyday. I lvie in California so I'm not sure how much the weight is for <snip>where you're from but<snip>here is about just a little shy of half a dime dime baggie. I would do that much each day with no issues except the mental issues I would go through. I'm an on-and-off user. Its been about a year or so like that. I've gone months being clean. I recently started using again but only a few times a week in a month. I'll admit I smoke a bit more than I first intend to but who doesnt? Anyways, The other day I smoked at least three or four times in the day and each time I smoke I would do at least 5 hits. My hits are usually very thick clouds as well. Once night started coming around I smoke a few more times. Never had any issues like I said but once I stopped to give my body some rest since it was about 6am. I layed down and noticed my heart was beating in a really weird way. It was fast as always but some beats were painful and deep. When i say deep I mean it felt like it pumped a lot harder than normal. I sat up and started feeling lightheaded. I didn't want to freak myself out and put my heart in any more stress than I was already feeling but it didn't help. All of a sudden my heartbeat was incredibly fast and I felt in my mind that the only way to survive whatever was happening I had to increase my breathing. I started breahting frantically, which helped but I could feel myself getting dizzier and dizzier. Then, out of nowhere, my hands started to clentch up and my arms started to stiffen. My eyelids started fluttering and my lips were quivering. In my opinion, I had a seizure but I'm one of those dumb people who choose to stick it out and fight it off. I sat there for a good 5 minutes stiff and hyperventilating. My arms started to become loose and my hands started to relax. But my heart was still struggling. Any bit of movement I did made my heart race like crazy. I couldn't even move my fingers because it would make my heart beat faster. So, I sat there for a good 15 to 20 minutes. Exhausted and still keeping up wih my breathing. It faded out and I was able to lay down and as soon as I did I went right to sleep. I believe that you can do way too much of everything. Nothing in this world can be consumed without any form of capacity. Your body is not invincible. Everyday we are decomposing. To think that there is no limit to something you can put into your body, especially drugs, is a bit foolish. I'm only 24. I'll be 25 in May. The last thing I want to do is die from an overdose. I'll be honest I'm still using but I'm alot more aware of the things that can happen. I'm lucky to be here today. The moral of the story is, if you don't want to die than be responsible and try to fight those cravings that tell you that you need more. You surely don't and if you can't control your hobbie than for the sake of you, please, quit. Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a bad experience with Meth a couple nights ago.. I've ODed on heroin 2 times and this experience I had with meth was by far the most traumatizing. I've only done Meth 3 times before. I've never been a upper person. I also only use IV.

I went out with a friend (that I dont know ALL that well) and we were in the truck, basically in the woods getting high. He prepped my shot for me and I missed most of it. But I got the initial rush. I decided to do another shot (BAD IDEA) which wasn't nearly as much as my first. Before I could even take the rig out of my arm, I started to feel the effects. All I could say at first was "woah", which I've said every other time I've used.
Now I don't exactly remember much.
I remember trying to breath, gasping for air basically, then holding my chest for awhile but I don't know if that's bc I was trying to breath or if my chest hurt. I was going in and out, conscious to unconscious. I initially thought he drugged me. So I started to ask him what he did to me, over and over. I thought everything he was telling me, was just what he thought I wanted to hear. I was in a state of paranoia, bad! I remember telling him that if he was gonna rape or kill me, to please just tell me. I needed to know what was happening to me bc what I was feeling wasn't right. My eyes then starting shaking back and forth. I couldn't really see. He looked so scared which was scaring me. He started checking my heart rate and my eyes. Next thing I know, he was driving me around with the windows down. I started to become paranoid again, asking where he was taking me, what was he gonna do to me and what did he give me. My hands and jaw were shaking uncontrollably. I realized that I needed somebody to calm me down bc he was only making it worse.. hesitant when I asked him questions and wouldn't look at me. So I called my best friend but couldn't talk. It's like I was frozen. So I just hung up and texted him my location and told him something wasn't right and he had to come get me. Also, time was moving sooooo slow. He told me to look at the clock and in 5 'mins, it'd be over. I looked at the clock thinking it was about 20 mins and it had only been 3. This all lasted about an hour. I didn't calm down until I saw my best friend.
It was the craziest experience I've ever had. Every other time I've used meth, the worst thing that happened to me was a headache. This was extreme.
I'm pretty sure I ODed.
Opinions?

It's possible to OD on meth - just not as likely to die the way a Heroin OD would do it, because meth does not cause CNS depression.
Your heart and lungs won't slow down too much, the way an H overdose happens. But you could have a heart attack, collapse a lung, have an aneurysm, a stroke, or many other gnarly outcomes.

I used to slam H and Meth together, very recklessly, and on numerous occasions I would slam the shot and immediately pass out, hit my head on things, wake up confused, forget I just did a shot and do another and pass out again. I had to be physically prevented from
doing another shot by a friend who was watching me do this stupid shit in a motel room. Dizziness, fever-like feeling, heart racing, even start nodding out but in a totally different way than Heroin - like an uncontrollable urge to sleeeeep.
The way I would describe the sleepy feeling was feeling like you're going to straight up FAINT from
being severely overwhelmed very suddenly. Fainting. Not a cool feeling.

Where I'm from, we call that "over-amping". I used to see it happen often, actually - most often to strictly meth users.
The ones like me who mixed H into their shots always had that edge taken off it by the H.

When you do a lot of shit at once, IV, it travels via your veins to your heart and immediately to your lungs, where normally carbon dioxide is traded out for oxygen. In the case of a big meth shot, it's like carbon dioxide AND meth is somehow exchanged - as if the CO2 somehow conjugates the meth molecules in your blood and is able to turn them to vapor and push them out along with the CO2, resulting in that feeling you're talking about.
We call that "the cough" because it feels like your lungs suddenly fill up with a kind of icy vapor like you
just inhaled some dense fumes, and you need to cough it out. It's usually interpreted as a sign that you did enough lol but doing that much usually means you're going to have some effects that are unheard of in small shots or any smoked amounts. Head swimming, almost like an MDMA rolling feeling where you're sluggish and sensitive and liquidy.. IMO the cough means you did too much. Don't do that again.

I would highly suggest you never do that again. Ever. I've had seemingly healthy friends have brain issues, heart issues,
one guy's fucking right lung collapsed after a major shot right in front of me, he starts fishing out kind of, and gasping for air - ugly sight.
He survived but barely. Very very bad stuff, man. STop it if you can.

If you want to read a pretty crazy trip report of what happened to me when I overamped after slamming H and meth all day after having been awake for 2 days, check this insane shit out. Perhaps living vicariously and NOT doing any more meth might entertain your mind a bit? http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/804752-(Crystal-Meth-0-5g)-(BTHeroin-0-2g)-IV-Very-Experienced-3-Choices?highlight=experienced+choices

If you are interested in getting sober or at least attempting to repair yourself,
check out the thread I just started a couple days ago, where I'm creating a guide
based on my experience so far in trying to repair from years of IV drug use
http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/817897-How-To-Repair-Your-Body-Mind-Soul-A-Guide

Good luck man. Please be careful.

Last edited: