Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - Experienced - Detailed trip report and Effects of Phenibut

puredmt

Greenlighter
I recently have been into the exploration of Nootropics and Smart Drugs to improve intelligence/mood. I have found Phenibut to be very interesting, and can possibly suppress nicotine cravings and help with opiate withdrawal. I know it says the half life of phenibut is 5 hours although I believe the strongest effects last only about 5 hours but the after effects are still apparent but I believe that it is a lot longer because it is now T+48.5 and I can feel the chemical barley lingering around in my system. Which could explain why people are still getting withdrawals after following the 3 days on / 3 days off washout on the back of manufactured pill bottles.

* The theory below are my own personal theory's there is no evidence of the dosage/duration everyone's body reacts differently to chemicals this is just my experience. "

Dosages
Threshold: 500 mg
Light: 1 Gram
Common: 2 Grams
Strong: 4 Grams+

Duration
Total duration: 48 Hours
Onset: 2.5 Hours
Coming Up: 3.5 Hours
Peak: 5 Hours
After effects: 37 Hours

My Experience
My original plan was to take the recommended dose of 2 grams but I decided to wait a bit and take 4 grams which I don't think I'll be taking that large of a dose in the future because of the overwhelming effects of this substance that are identical to a mild alcohol hangover but I do not regret this experience because of the mental part was amazing it severely enhanced my focus,thinking processes, reaction time, and cognitive power.

I Had the idea to take this before work because I've always had social anxiety and problems communicating at work. originally was going to take 2 grams of this substance but after researching a bit online I decided to take 4 grams because of most of the experiences saying that 2 grams wasn't really enough.

My first mistake was to take this substance before work. At T+5 Hours when it kicked in, it increased genitally over the next few hours until the effects were so powerful that it was a little uncomfortable, and when I say powerful I don't mean "it was powerful like a strong benzo high " it was mildly uncomfortable because my thought processes were sped up, to the point someones thoughts under the influence of LSD/psychoactive. Of course there are no psychedelic aspects of phenibut but I kept having new ideas that led to inspiration of more new ideas.

I did feel a little bit shaky at work it got way worse when I decided to go outside in the back and smoke a cigarette on my break. I am a regular smoker I smoke about a pack every 48 hours. My third hit of the cigarette, I got an overwhelming nicotine high that boosted the feeling of phenibut to another level it made me a little nauseous and shaky and my vision started to lag behind a couple frames it was like the FPS in my vision was lowered almost like on dissociatives like dxm/ketamine/methoxtamine.

These effects began to luckily wear off in the next couple of hours but left me feeling giddy and I kept laughing which definitively produced some weird feelings at my work. I work at a BBQ, there is a two-way window, so when I make a call in order I put it on the table in front of me and the front-line sells it to the customer picking it up. There was a girl at the counter in front of me waiting for me to finish a call in order as I reached to grab the bread above the counter I started giggling involuntary and uncontrollably the girl instantly got a weird look on her face which made me laugh even more because of the fact I probably looked like some sort of idiot laughing to myself about nothing..

Anyways I got home and took a bath still giddy and ended up falling asleep almost instantly when I got into bed. after I woke I felt fine until I got out of bed then I got really dizzy and went outside smoked a little piece of a cigarette before I vomited all over my driveway and the visual distorted FPS effect came back. I believe that Phenibut can be used to quit smoking in the last 72 hours I've only smoked 2 cigarettes and have had no cravings whatsoever.

I called off work because there was no way I could of gone because I felt nauseous every time I stood up. but when I laid down I fell right back asleep It felt so good to lie down. I woke several hours later and got on the computer and started to read about chemistry on Google. I've always wanted to eventually pursue a career in the chemical field I believe that life is nothing but one big chemical reaction. Chemicals will always amaze me. anyways I started to read about chemical's on wiki and everything I didn't understand or a word I did not know I would click that link until I ended up having about 52 Wikipedia tabs open on my computer then I would overview the tabs backwards and recollect all the information I gathered.

I was amazed with this, this chemical is amazing when it comes to increasing your cognitive functions in the brain I came up with all of these theory's I've never thought of, I came up with business investments, theory's on evolution & time and theory's about the meaning of life It was all new to me I've thought of these things before but never to this extent I've always considered myself fairly unintelligent as far as grammar but when im alone inside my mind I come up with some pretty amazing theory's that I believe could one day be published but I doubt ill ever have the motivation/expertise to get them published. it was still a pretty cool thing to think about. i took some online reaction test and they were 25% better than before administering this chemical its truly amazing I just recommended staying at a lower mg and I recommend a 5 day washout period so tolerance doesn't become an issue

I forgot to mention that I have also tapered from a Buprenorphine regimen to 2mg I am maintained on 2mg it is my ceiling is at 4mg and I have to say after I took the phenibut I forgot to dose for 2 days it didn't even cross my mind I am physically dependent on opiates I believe that phenibut can help in some withdrawal studies in the future. Although I usually do not start feeling withdrawals until the 72 hour mark because of Buprenorphines long half life.
Pros

My pros of phenibut : Memory Enhancement, Increases reaction time, Boost in cognitive power, enhances thinking process, intelligence, motivation and attention.
increases sex drive/orgasm, decreases need to smoke possible help with opiate withdrawal.
Nootropics are pretty safe. Has somewhat of a recreational value

Cons
My cons of phenibut : Mild alcohol-like hangover, long after effects, mild migraines, dry mouth & dizzyness
Withdrawal effects with access use as stated by amanitadine.

Well that's my detailed trip report.. Hope you like it. Remember most of what I said is not evidence It is just my experience,reaction, and dose to this chemical.

Last edited:
I would add to the cons (maybe a while from now, if you use it excessively) that the withdrawal from phenibut is absolutely horrible and never ending. Use some self restraint!

I noticed a nice "nootropic" effect at first, due to I believe GABA-B agonists complex downstream effects on dopamine, but this soon wore off. I don't touch the stuff anymore, prefering the cleaner action of Baclofen, taken as "maintenance", for, umm, I'm not sure anymore. GHB addiction I would guess? It (baclofen) does have some weird effects at high doses, effectively nullifying an opiate or benzo high. Weird stuff.

Great trip report, should prob be moved there.

I also stated using it recently and its great but dont use daily please, bad withdrawals.

For me its a twice a week (3 days max, non consecutive!) pleasure and this doesnt cause any issues.

Fantastic.

This is Exactly what I was looking for not 10 minutes ago!!!

I have personally never tried pheibut, but have heard wierd and wonderful things about it. Was thinking of taking the plunge, this report should help me decide! (Will read it now...)

Thanks ;)

This is the best fucking typo I've ever seen. :p

ebola

Bahaha. Maybe not such a smart drug afterall ;)

Ive been thinking of getting some Phenibut mainly for when i run out of opiates as something to calm me the fuck down. Physical withdrawals i can handle mental withdrawals are a different story. But already being physically addicted to benzodiazepines I'm not so sure if it would be such a great idea.

phenibut is brilliant. don't use too often, though, 'cause your brain gets to needing it.

does it have a body high at all? similar to diazepam or something?
I am looking for something similar to carisopradol as its imposssible to come across in the UK/EU

^In my experience it has a completely unique body high (though I'd guess baclofen would be similear? To a lesser degree GHB? Unknown territory for me...); it's not *that* similear to benzos at all, though conversely it's not too far off.

I played around with it a couple of years ago -> good stuff. Of note is the already mentioned comeup, which takes hours. Of further note is phenibut-facilitated sleep: really good! It's the best sleep aid I've ever tried, not only does it fufill this function most effectively but it does so in a way that feels extremly natural. The most perfect, deep, 'natural' sleep. In this sense perhaps the slpit of the difference between opiates and benzos -> the pros of both (in terms of sleep), the cons of neither.

I'll second the opinion concerning downstream dopamine affects, though i'd speculate that the mind-place of phenibut is not instigated by an influx of dopamine in any system, i'd speculate further that mechanism is sometype of either indirect or allosteric modulation at DA receptors. I'm probably chatting shit, though it certainly feel dopaminergic in nature, however there is a sideways separation from the likes of amphetamines, DAT inhibitors and selegiline.

Tolerance builds very quickly. Pretty moreish. Fairly easy to overdose too, resulting in fecked motor function, blurred vision, nausea and excedingly odd thought trains derailing left right and bottom - sort of like being drunk, whilst on a small dose of 2c-d/LSD/ritalin, though that's a broad approximation.

And for my last two pence -> *DO NOT SNORT*

Insufulated potency = 5-10x oral potency (still takes two hours+ to comeup mind).

Oh, and the burn is unimaginably horrid. Horrid to the degree that railing a chosty line of 2c-b (or aMT) becomes a relative cup of tea.

I'm not too far from the good ole' k-hole so the above maybe nonsensical.

Nice report OP!

~Yoshi

I always love reading up on other people's report on Phenibut. I found the drug myself about five years ago; I was always a big fan of the GHB and was looking for something very similar I am also addicted to opiates so I was looking for something that would help overcome the addiction.

I usually take 3-4Gs per dose; 1 in the AM and one in the PM. Your tolerance builds quick for this so you must be careful with the dosing. Also, you must make sure not to use too many consecutive days because the physically addiction happens quick, trust me.

Def a fun drug to play with but be careful. I've seen some dose as small as 2Gs and end up nodding/passing out. That when I first started after so many hours Id start to feel tired myself and slowly my eyes would close. Even nowadays after a days use of Phenibut I feel much better when sleeping.

One last thing, it definitely helps overcome opiate withdrawal. I have a 1 to 2 g a day heroin problem and the days I cannot afford to score I use Phenibut and helps with the withdrawal for sure. Actually puts some life back into me and makes me want to get up and live again.

I suggest that you always use the powder form; it is much better that way. I have used the pills many times and it worked but not nearly as good as the powder.

Have fun, people.

Insufulated potency = 5-10x oral potency (still takes two hours+ to comeup mind).

Oh, and the burn is unimaginably horrid.

Phenibut is acidic to the point of not really dissolving in stomach acid completely reliably, so I'm not at all surprised. Reaction to sodium phenibut might help, but plugging is also an available option.

ebola

what do people take it w/? I usually just put the power in my mouth and will have a quick swig of any drink and down it. or ill mix it in a juice or something and just take it like a shot. I've also taken pill form as I mentioned before but powder is always better; way too much power to even think about sniffing/shooting and shocked to hear it's been plugged. wow! any sniffers/shooters out there? wondering what the experience was like; I cant imagine it being any good or even worth the time.

what type are you taking right now? I take this: http://www.vitacost.com/primaforce-...eZeTPrVNmms2j4Z6rBEAkSkproNACM3l1_hZD-x_D_BwE

today alone I did 8MG bupe, 4G phenibut and just shot a half G of dope (probably shouldnt have since I did the bupe but a friend came by w/ some and BOOM.. right into the arm). feeling GREAT right now; ready to go to bed soon.

its just an overall sense of "well-being". I hope people are not expecting anything TOO FANCY.

def. NOT ANYTHING LIKE ADDERALL! but they do get you EXCITED and get you "going" a little bit! but again, its def NOT something like you are WHACKED OUT and not sure what is happening; you just feel GOOD overall! like really, really, really good! ya know what I mean!?

Interesting reading reports like this, from non-tolerant users.

I take Phenibut daily, much like Amanitadine, for GHB related PAWS. It works amazingly well but does cause a bit of a manic reaction. I'm hoping to switch off to Gabapentin eventually but that's a work in progress (I want my insurance to cover it).

I usually take about 2-3g daily in the morning. This lasts me all day and gives me a good mood boost and physical stamina/endurance boost. I also notice it increases my tolerance to cold. I've been on this dose for about 2 years now with no change in effect and no need for an increase of dose.

I never understood the idea of a withdrawal from phenibut. The duration of action is so long, and the ability to tapper so easy, I can't imagine ever having to go through withdrawals with it... Last time I did take a 6 month break, I tapered down from 4g daily to nothing in a little over a month with no side effects. I actually felt great when I got down to 500mg daily and was going to keep it there but decided to kick it entirely for a while.

PAWS is an unfortunate condition... Don't get addicted to this type of drug if you haven't already had the displeasure.