• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl? first time, dosage and tolerance question

Snakes

Bluelighter
Hi guys

I recently got my hands on some fentanyl at 100 hits@100ug nasal spray. The source is trusted, I currently have no opioid tolerance, but I have used in the past Tramadol, Opium (orally), Poppy Pod Tea and have tried Oxycontin 80mg and a Hydrocodone (not too sure on the dosage but it was 1 pill). I have heard that fentanyl is incredibly potent and I am a little concerned about OD, My main concern was 100ug may be fatal to someone with no tolerance like myself, so I'm not sure if i would inhale 100ug dose. Ive heard that there are patches that absorb 100ug per hour transdermally,so was considering spraying 100ug onto my arm and letting it dry. Not too sure if this wouild be safe either, can anyone please shed some light on this? I find the substance itself is quite intriguing since its so potent.

Thanks

Is it genuine Instanyl or some homemade bottle ppl sell? If its latter I would suggest staying far away from it, especially with no tolerance, it's russian roulette..

100ug is a massive dose, if you're opioid naive i'm fairly sure that's going to be close to if not past OD'ing on one spray, to convert it to codeine would be more than you can metabolise in one dose.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster no matter how you do it. The terms "opiate naive" and "fentnayl" should never be used in conjunction.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure 100ug fentanyl = 10mg morphine which is nothing really. If it's dosed right it's not more dangerous than other opioids.

ive insufflated ~50ug on a 75mg line of ketamine with not much notable effects, slight relaxation and decrease in pain however i expected more, apart from heroin which painkiller has the most euphoric and painkilling qualities? morphine, Oxycontin or hydrocodone? ROA being insufflation, buccal or oral not keen on smoking or IM/IV.

EDIT: 100ug now, again nothing to write home about, but no itching at all which is different to all other opioids i've taken, interesting stuff this fentanyl.

ive insufflated ~50ug on a 75mg line of ketamine with not much notable effects, slight relaxation and decrease in pain however i expected more, apart from heroin which painkiller has the most euphoric and painkilling qualities? morphine, Oxycontin or hydrocodone? ROA being insufflation, buccal or oral not keen on smoking or IM/IV.

EDIT: 100ug now, again nothing to write home about, but no itching at all which is different to all other opioids i've taken, interesting stuff this fentanyl.

You probably need somewhere around ~300ug+ to feel the effects somewhat. Work your way up there. Fentanyl isn't really that euphoric, it's mostly painkilling, warm and sedating. Out of fentanyl/morphine/oxycontin/hydrocodone I'd say morphine is the most pleasurable opiate. Oxycontin is a bit more worth the price though if you are going to snort it/take it orally.

Edit: Mixing it with ketamine seems like a really bad idea though, I'm tolerant to opioids and I would still not do it.

Last edited:
Yes^

Immediately stop mixing it with ketamine for your and ketamines sake.

Fentanyl already has a terrible name, ketamine is relatively benign when used responsibly.

People saying that 100ug is too much are dead wrong. I am very opiate naive (I have used lots, just without an increase in tolerance) I have never been able to measure my doses of fentanyl, but, I think on it's own, it will be 300-400ug. I would suggest sticking to the suggested method of administration (if you do have a pharm grade mixure) and don't mix it with anything else.

The thing with fentanyl is that it will creep up on you, the 'high' is razor thin, you're literally riding the edge of anaesthesia and in someone who is opioid naÏve you're risking going past the point before you realise, the problem i have is that i am prescribed fentanyl so couldn't give any idea of a good starting dose as when it's prescribed usually naÏve patients would be given 12.5mcg/hr and opioid tolerants would be given 25mcg/hr so 100mcg wouldn't be a great deal i agree but if you start bumping it and take 500/800/1000mcg you're going to end up in trouble before you realise it's kicking in.