• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants L-Tyrosine and Amphetamines: The Relationship

Tryptamino

Bluelight Crew
I've searched the internet all over, asked fellow BLers, and I still haven't gotten a consistent answer.

L-Tyrosine restores/generates dopamine, and supposedly has a stimulating effect, although this is all just hearsay.

Meth releases dopamine. We know the rest.

So I've heard of both potentiating meth with l-Tyrosine and using it to restore dopamine after coming down from meth.

I've also heard that taking l-tyrosine before taking methamphetamine is a bad idea.

Meth is also serotonergic, and last night, I took tryptophan (from what i understand it's like tyrosine but for serotonin rather tham dopamine) to help to go to sleep. This morning when i woke up, I did my line and felt absolutely zero serotonin-y effects (typically I get a mental high similar to MDMA yet much milder), just tightness in muscles, subtle euphoria, and a strong couchlock. Does this have anything to do with the tryptophan?

My main questions are; will taking l-tyrosine:
•Stimulate me at all?
•Reduce meth's potency if dosed several hours before dosing meth?
•Increase meth's potency if dosed a few hours before dosing meth?

Also general information on l-tyrosine or it's relationship with amphetamines (how they interact, etc.), I'd appreciate it.

Right I just woke up so apologies if this post is a bit muddled up.

If you combined l-tyrosine and dex, essentially you'd have an excess amount of dopamine in the brain being produced. This sounds on paper like a good thing, in reality it's not as more will be freely converted to noradrenalin therefore giving you more harsh aide effects rather than the smooth purely dopamagenic effects you get from amphetamine.

And what about opiods (opiates) potentiation?...

My main questions are; will taking l-tyrosine:
•Stimulate me at all?
•Reduce meth's potency if dosed several hours before dosing meth?
•Increase meth's potency if dosed a few hours before dosing meth?

Also general information on l-tyrosine or it's relationship with amphetamines (how they interact, etc.), I'd appreciate it.

I would like to add a question, of course if you don't mind Bigfan, if l-tyrosine potents opiods, and if it does what doses etc....:?
I'm very interesting to this, cause it's about pain issues, very fuckin bad situation, believe me mate..
Thanx%)

MartinFn

Using L-tyrosine while not on amphetamines will also not help your tolerance btw. Sure, it's creating more dopamine for your brain to use, but it isn't being immediately being put into your brain's "stores" of dopamine, a good portion of it is still binding to receptors and whatnot, which is precisely what causes tolerance in the first place.

And yeah, any stimulant with L-tyrosine, be careful, and be ready for a possibility of feeling like shit if you overdo it. Like tweaked out in the worst possible way, and I say that as a tweaker myself.

Using L-tyrosine while not on amphetamines will also not help your tolerance btw. Sure, it's creating more dopamine for your brain to use, but it isn't being immediately being put into your brain's "stores" of dopamine, a good portion of it is still binding to receptors and whatnot, which is precisely what causes tolerance in the first place.

And yeah, any stimulant with L-tyrosine, be careful, and be ready for a possibility of feeling like shit if you overdo it. Like tweaked out in the worst possible way, and I say that as a tweaker myself.

this is what i wanted to know, thank you

my only intent with l-tyrosine is to restore the dopamine that I just lost from large doses of meth, as to make the comedown less gloomy and depressing.

well now i feel like a bit of a tard after reading this, iv been dosing with l-tyrosine thru out the day when on the GO. typically 2 right with my morning wake up call and 1-3 thru out the day but usually 2. done this the past month or so but the only noticeable effect iv had is when i take em right before i go to sleep i dont feel like udder shit the next day.

regardless i think il stop, well except when right before bed cause personally i didn't mind that effect.

well now i feel like a bit of a tard after reading this, iv been dosing with l-tyrosine thru out the day when on the GO. typically 2 right with my morning wake up call and 1-3 thru out the day but usually 2. done this the past month or so but the only noticeable effect iv had is when i take em right before i go to sleep i dont feel like udder shit the next day.

regardless i think il stop, well except when right before bed cause personally i didn't mind that effect.

lol, taking tyrosine supposedly keeps you awake, maybe not a great idea before bed? that's l-tryptophan you wanna take before bed. and/or l-theanine.

ehh i haven't had any problems with it, gives me some awesome dreams i gotta say tho.

again, sounds like l-theanine or l-tryptophan. dopaminergic substances in general always made me dream less, or at least I wouldn't remember dreaming.

again, sounds like l-theanine or l-tryptophan. dopaminergic substances in general always made me dream less, or at least I wouldn't remember dreaming.

well it's a NOW brand bottle that reads L-TYROSINE across, so as far as i know thats what i'v been taking. i use to take 5-htp back when i was dong a bunch of E (i believe the next step of l-tryptophan) and never really noticed any effects what so ever. idk maybe im just weird cause i'v tried l-dopa as well and had even crazier dreams.

well it's a NOW brand bottle that reads L-TYROSINE across, so as far as i know thats what i'v been taking. i use to take 5-htp back when i was dong a bunch of E (i believe the next step of l-tryptophan) and never really noticed any effects what so ever. idk maybe im just weird cause i'v tried l-dopa as well and had even crazier dreams.

L-tryptophan and 5-HTP (which are essentially the same thing) are sedating, and I, also would take 5-HTP, and I made a habit of taking it daily, which I'm guessing is why my tolerance got so high so fast, to the point where MDMA doesnt even get me high anymore, not matter how much i take.

L-tryptophan and 5-HTP (which are essentially the same thing) are sedating, and I, also would take 5-HTP, and I made a habit of taking it daily, which I'm guessing is why my tolerance got so high so fast, to the point where MDMA doesnt even get me high anymore, not matter how much i take.

MDMA is a substance which users report the magic fades real quickly. If you've had at least a dozen experiences with MDMA, that's likely why you can't "get high" on MDMA anymore.

MDMA is a substance which users report the magic fades real quickly. If you've had at least a dozen experiences with MDMA, that's likely why you can't "get high" on MDMA anymore.

even after a lengthy break? like say... 2 years?

I never did MDMA often enough to lose the magic, so I wouldn't know.

Ask in Ecstasy Discussion, the e-tards of Bluelight would for sure know. =D

Eh, not too interested in takin it again, I try not to do drugs that make me do stupid shit: alcohol (I still have small amounts of alcohol, just dont get drunk), MDMA, benzos, and things that lower inhibitions as much as those drugs.