• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kava Kava -- experienced -- 2 tablespoons of Kava powder, works great!

bluedolphin

Bluelight Crew
Alright this won't stack up against those taking 20 hits of acid or 3 grams of DXM but here's my trip report anyway.

I am currently Kavified. And had two glasses of wine since. But I'll start at the beginning.

So as of now and for the next 10 months or whatever, my lovely state won't allow me to use any illegal drugs. At least ones they can test for or cause false positives. So I dare not experiment with 3-meo-PCP or even Methoxetamine any further because 1) false flag for PCP = bad news for me, and 2) all good things need some rest, anyway.

So what have I been up to in terms of drugs? Pretty much nothing at all for a hot minute. Which is cool, but not something I'm used to.

I figured I'd go get some Kava Kava from the store as perhaps I should try seeking much milder experiences and getting the most I can from them, instead of blasting myself into heavenly oblivion on a daily basis. Which I can't do anyway right now.

I don't know how much I got, but like a small paper bag full of Kava powder was like six bucks. Good deal. Shit looks raw.

I've made Kava tea a bunch of times. I know what it does. But this seems like a good batch. Or maybe just me not getting fucked up on the regular means I can appreciate it more. Anyway, I put about 2 tablespoons worth of Kava powder into a plastic cup, the poured in half a cup of water, mixed it up, and chugged it.

20 minutes later I had a class I had to attend, so I drove over there. This class is about social and substance related reform, and is mandated by my Nanny State. So there are about 20 of us, all deemed socially irresponsible, and we meet weekly to satisfy the requirements of the State.

I was feeling more relaxed and it was becoming hard to keep a grin of my face. I mean we are talking about drinking and drugs, this stuff is somewhat hiliarious to me to begin with, plus I know a lot more than most people in the class know about drugs. So I was volunteering all the answers. I even went up to the chalkboard and took over the class for about 10 minutes.

Zero social anxiety, zero anxiety at all, feeling slightly stoned but certainly sober enough to not think anyone could guess I was on anything. It was actually really a fun class, and normally I hate that shit.

So then I drove home which is a 5 minute drive, my driving was not impaired at all as far as I could tell.

I had a bottle of wine waiting for me and some pizza so I drank a couple glasses of wine and decided to write this report. Right now I feel like I've had a whole bottle of wine, but in a better mood. Like, more calm and happy and less just drunk.

My roommate just called me and wanted really complicated directions and I just gave her like 10 minutes worth of directions over the phone with a smile on my face the whole time.

Good stuff! It definitely works. I recommend getting the raw powder or raw root and grinding that up. Making tea works, but swallowing the powder mixed in water works even better.

In terms of anxiolytic effects I feel around 25mg valium but that is with a couple glasses of wine. More like 10-15mg before that.

Nice report!

I've been considering trying out kava teas very recently. Do you have any experience with kava supplement pills too, if so how would those compare to the raw powder?

I've had some kava supplement pills. It's not that they don't work, it's just that they are a massive waste of money. For example the tea I made out of 2 tablespoons of powder which probably cost me about 40 cents would have been equal to maybe 15 or 20 kava supplement pills, which you know can be expensive.d the

Plus with the raw powder or even the raw root you get that numbing sensation in your mouth, which I find is highly indicative of a strong brew.

And the Kava teabags you can get I can tell you from my experience at least are worthless. One of those would probably equal 1/25th of my two gulps of liquid kava powder tonight.

Kava doesn't even taste bad so you might as well get it raw and save a lot of money and really it's the only way to get proper effects from Kava anyway.

i hear you should filter it out or make it with a muslin bag because the plant material can be hard on the liver. I've tried it without filtering and I agree that it is hard on the liver.

i tried this kava called tongan pride from a hawaiian vendor and it did wonders for my social anxiety too. THankfully i just ordered more to save me from this presentation I have to do in front of an auditorium full of people next week. I've been having panic attacks just thinking about it for weeks now so I hope its effective this time around as well...

Superb report BD, as always.

I found my experience with kavalactone (pretty pure, too) paste to be mild but still disappointing, but it appears this is a very hit or miss plant for most people. That session was the most I ever got from it, and it was particularly useful on the tail end of an 4 ho met experience. I'm glad it found favor with you.

Thanks for submitting!

dcraver I've heard that too but I never took it often enough to be concerned. Plus I've never worried about my liver drinking or doing other drugs and it still seems to work ;).. how could you tell it was bad for your liver?

Thou, thank you. That's high praise coming from you-- though I feel the amount of effort I put into reports has dropped off substantially since the olden daze-- but you are clearly a great writer and unique asset to this community. I always look forward to reading your stories.

I think it's important with kava that you take it on an empty stomach. It does influence how well it works at least.

About the liver damage......Do some googling.

Some parts of the plant contain liver damaging substances, but kava kava made from root only has been exonerated from causing any liver damage what so ever. People have been drinking it for 1000 of years in the pacific without any bad happening .

I think it's because at one point some greedy suppliers started making kava kava from the whole plant, and some folks got their livers fucked up.

dcraver I've heard that too but I never took it often enough to be concerned. Plus I've never worried about my liver drinking or doing other drugs and it still seems to work ;).. how could you tell it was bad for your liver?

Thou, thank you. That's high praise coming from you-- though I feel the amount of effort I put into reports has dropped off substantially since the olden daze-- but you are clearly a great writer and unique asset to this community. I always look forward to reading your stories.

That means a lot coming from you thanks.

I feel the same way I just don't have the passion to write about my experiences with drugs because, well, I've done it.

It's so integrated into my daily life that I seldom even find anything out of the ordinary. I've been taking mxe all day and sure I could write a trip report, but it wouldn't really be anything I haven't said before. Instead I used the time to write a short story. TR and WORDS are quite interchangable although I don't think I have the hutzpah to moderate words, this suits me well for now.

Now if we could invent something out of left field, a whole new class as it were, then I'd totally write a report. Just haven't had the oppurtunity. Maybe we'll see soon. I haven't done a tryptamine psychadelic in a while so come spring I might drop into that rabbit hutch with some DMT/MXE/NITROUS combos maybe film them/record them for posterity. Winters kind of a dead scene though,.

Kava is a sorely underrated intoxicant. I prefer to use finely ground (re: "instant) kava and just down 2T. Hits SO fast (3 minutes) which is amazing considering. I get a profound GABA-A intoxication, a very nice stimulating effect (due to it's demonstrated DRI and NRI qualities, however mild) and then a beautiful synergy between the above. Possibly due to to the slight MAO-B inhibition going on? I find it very moreish (yes, we are still talking about kava;)) but going over the line will have one barfing and feeling like overall hell, through the next day. Very dehydrating. But if i have it will drink a cup or two (never more!) every night. And yes, I've gotten a withdrawal syndrome from it, but more so from the extracts (kAviar, which provides a shittier one dimensional high) and only when taken all day every day, due to the short course of action. I am a big fan.

Quality makes all the world the difference. And toxicity is still up for dispute, it is not as simple as whole plant/roots anymore, and it is dpcumented in dozens of cases, just no one knows why yet. VERY rare, believed to be genetics (of the imbiber) or possibly contaminants from myco toxins. It's up in the air, it is real, just hasn't been recreated or demonstrated in the lab. The casual user shouldn't stress. Just drink lots of water, and don't over do it. Once you get it down, and get a good supplier, it is like a strange forgiving combination of benzos, booze, and some mysteriosomething elevating DA levels. Check out the pharmacology of the kavalactones, very complex.

Neat, and fun, plant. Keep the reports coming.

Thou-- I know what you mean. Well, I did MXE straight for 20 months or so. During that time I felt like it was the most remarkable thing I had ever done, but since the trip was ongoing, I did not feel prepared to write about it. And I wanted to keep it underground as long as possible, I guess. Now that it has been something like 6 months since I have done MXE, I feel I am nearly ready to write my MXE retrospective trip report. It changed my life dramatically, and perhaps the story will be epic ;)

I recently got some 4-aco-DMT so that will surely be my next substantial experience. It has been a good while since I've had a psychedelic, much less a quality trypatmine, so I have high hopes that the experience will help me put things in a fresh perspective.

It is nearly holiday season, after all, and one must uphold certain traditions whenever possible!

Amanitadine-- Agreed all around. Luckily it seems like my local whole foods market has had the good Kava connect for years now. I can literally walk 5 minutes and pick some up any time. I do find it slightly moreish, in that, it feels good, so why not make another cup. Can't say I've ever got sick from it, except possibly combining it with a decent amount of alcohol.

I was never too concerned about the supposed toxicity, considering how much other drugs I've abused including lots of alcohol. My health is still excellent, partially due to a somewhat recent renewed focus on moderation. I have a feeling of all things, Kava would end up being the least of my concerns.

2 tablespoons of the finely ground.. haha, exactly :)