• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

safely doing Fentanyl

lman_15

Bluelighter
I am currently on 75mg of methadone a day and came across some Fentanyl patches, they are 100 microgram patches I was looking online and it seems from this conversion website http://www.globalrph.com/fent.cgi that about 130mg of methadone is equivalent to a 100 microgram patch of Fentanyl, what is the safest way to do Fentanyl? I've heard of people smoking it etc, I have no experience with this opiate, but I have done tons of oxy, morphine, heroin, diluadid, I prefer to smoke or snort my drugs I will never shoot. How much of the patch should I take and which method of administration is the safest? Which ones should I avoid? Thanks

The safest way is put it on as directed as prescribed. Fentanyl is a powerful drug.

^ this. I was just looking at the forum on B-lighter's that have died due to drug OD's, and fentynal was on A LOT of posts, also methadone as well, so I would be careful, very careful...:)

as far as smoking Fentanyl goes, is there a method to doing this? Because this is honestly my most likely route of administration

There should be lots of mentions of this on the forums. Eventhough the carrier substance might not be pleasant to smoke, this can surely be done. Now I doubt the obvious health hazards will make you reconsider here and I guess smoking is still better than IV'ing. I have myself lost someone to iv fentanyl. eventhough it was hist first hit after a long time of abstinence from opiates, the stuff is still tricky to dose and will ofc depress your breathing quite efficiently. just be careful with the dosage... id assume you will have to vaporize it off foil or some comparable material that can easily be heated to the needed temperature. that being said, i have no idea about the specifics of smokign said substance, nor do i know much about methadone to be of help for giving you any kind of equivalency index. just remember that comparing two substances like that is quite a stretch. methadone has an enormously high half life while that of fentanyl is extremely short. ive only had sublingual fent (also squirted out of patches) and i doubt 100ug will kill you with a tolerance like yours, <mod note: a 100mcg/hr patch does NOT contain 100mcg of fentanyl, 100mcg just means when it is applied to the skin it releases 100mcg every hr for at least the first 72 hrs. Depending on the brand, a 100mcg patch usually contains around 17mg of fentanyl!>...

edit: fuck, that was a huge mistake. "sorry" doesnt vut it here, i guess. ugh.

Last edited:
How long have you been on 75mg's of methadone a day? If it's been a while, the build up of methadone will almost certainly create a blocking effect.

This is an unsafe idea. Fentanyl is extremely powerful and very hard to dose when you are using a patch in ways other than intended. If you are on 75mg of methadone a day that could block a lot of the high from the fentanyl, leading you to use more than needed and possibly overdose. TPlus fentanyl is very easy to OD on anyway and the high is very short-lived.

There should be a ton of threads on here about smoking (or bucally administering) the gel if you use the search function. You would want to start with a very very small amount.

What kind of patch do you have? Is it gel-filled or just a flat matrix patch? I think you can only really smoke the gel ones. A 100mcg/hr patch contains A LOT of fentanyl. 100mcg just means when it is applied to the skin it releases 100mcg every hr for at least the first 72 hrs. Depending on the brand, a 100mcg patch usually contains around 17mg of fentanyl! How are you going to measure it? Were you just thinking of starting with a pinhead-sized amount or something?

My buddy who has the link on them, has been doing them for a while and smokes them so I was going to get some of his advice on dosing and using it, I've been on methadone since mid August so about 4-5 months, I started at 25mg and slowly went up from there, the first 2 months I was on 55mg, then the 3rd month I bumped to 65mg, and since the 4th month I've been on 75mg, I have used about 10-15 times throughout being on methadone, so about at least 1-2 times a month I have a 24 hour period where I do not dose my methadone and then I use an opiate, then after the 48 hours (24 of not using methadone, 24 of using an opiate), I then get back on methadone. If I plan on using the patch regardless of my administration method, what is the advised amount of time to wait from my last methadone dose? Cuz before I used to be able to just take my methadone at 9am the day before, then the following day sleep in till 12-noon and dose on an opiate as soon as I wake up, recently though (the most recent time I used), I did this and got very little effects from the opiates I was taking, so what is the ideal amount of time to wait?

Since you're on a higher dose now the effects of the methadone are probably lasting longer. How long you need to wait varies a lot from person to person. Maybe try waiting til later in the day? I'm glad you have a friend who is experienced with fentanyl who can help you. Make sure you start with very small quantities to be on the safe side (don't automatically assume you can take the same doses as him), you can always use more if it's not enough, but you can't undo it if it's too much. At least you do have an opioid tolerance.

Of course it's really ideal to not use any other opioids while on methadone :)

I was also wondering if anyone has experience with Fentanyl analogues? I was looking into BF & 4FBF and was wondering what dosing is like on these analogues, I have tried to do research but couldn't find much consistency on the web. If my tolerance is 75mg of methadone a day to get by and I would say about 100-115mg of methadone to get high, what would be a recommended starting dose for BF or 4FBF? Lastly, what is the best method of administration? I would not be interested in IV'ing or swallowing, but bioavailability wise which is higher smoke, snort, or sublingual ?

I was also wondering if anyone has experience with Fentanyl analogues? I was looking into BF & 4FBF and was wondering what dosing is like on these analogues, I have tried to do research but couldn't find much consistency on the web. If my tolerance is 75mg of methadone a day to get by and I would say about 100-115mg of methadone to get high, what would be a recommended starting dose for BF or 4FBF? Lastly, what is the best method of administration? I would not be interested in IV'ing or swallowing, but bioavailability wise which is higher smoke, snort, or sublingual ?

Fentanyl analogues are even more dangerous than fentanyl and very little is known about them. Many fentanyl analogues are even stronger than fentanyl, some much stronger. If you are getting them online who knows whether they are pure on not and therefore what an appropriate dose would be. You'd absolutely need to have a very sensitive scale to measure it with. Some opioid RCs also contain toxic impurities. I would seriously stay away from them!

As for the specific ones you mentioned, BF is claimed to be similar to fentanyl, and 4FBF is supposed to be longer-lasting than fentanyl. I have no idea about potency/doses and that would depend on whether it is pure or is cut with something. As for ROAs, BA is not the only thing that matters, different ROAs are going to have different safety levels, different onsets, different peaks, and different durations. Please, mis-using a fentanyl patch where you actually know what's in it is dangerous enough, DO NOT use any fentanyl analogues.

Also do not rely on posted conversions for a STARTING dose, real-life conversions can very greatly from person to person. Whenever trying a new opioid start with a very small dose. You can't really come up with even a rough conversion between methadone and fentanyl anyway, because the published conversions are for comparing total daily methadone dose to an appropriate strength of fentanyl patch used as directed that has been found in a study to have roughly the same analgesic effect. If you're going to be taking fentanyl by a different ROA it will be much shorter-lasting and stronger. You can not just use, say, the equivalent daily dose for fentanyl all at once, that would be too much. Does this make sense?

Going to move this to OD so hopefully you'll get some more info.
BDD -> OD

So I acquired 1 100mcg/h Fentanyl patch total of 16.5mg in it. Anyways these were not the gel ones, they are made by RatioPharm anyways, I was taught how to smoke them properly by my friend, I had taken my methadone that day but really wanted to try it so I did about 1/5 of the patch and was gone, today I'm going to do more but I really enjoy the high and really appreciate everyone's input

I did about 1/5 of the patch and was gone, today I'm going to do more

Pardon me but you were consciously smoking more or less ~3,3mg of Fentanyl? Correct me if I'm wrong but even with a lot of the substance degrading via heat and a Methadone tolerance this is ridiculously dangerous or am I missing something?

However this certainly does not fit with the threadtitle.

If you smoked 1/5 of a patch off foil, you did it over a course of time, right? I know that when I vape ratiopharm fent off of foil that the vapour pours off of the foil for a good 5 seconds even if its a small hit (mine always are) I could imagine that trying to vape 1/5th of a patch at once would look similar to a smoke signal resulting in A LOT of lost product (largely into your pours, dont let fent smoke touch your face lol)

I hope for your safety and the safety of that beautiful patch that you are smoking this shit in amounts 2-3 times the size of your average blotter hit (1x1 2x2cm hits?)

To be honest, I am surprised your friend did not tell you this, fentanyl is one of the only drugs I know of that methadone users can still get a good kick from. Usually I see them snort a good amount of oxy or hydromorphone and proceed to look rather bummed out with the effect, but they smoke fent and it rocks them. Also fent will not show up on your piss tests as I am sure you know.

If this becomes a regular thing, find yourself a REALLY thin plate of glass or something similar to start printing your patch onto and smoking it off of, vaping off foil is not good for you.

I know everyone will say I am crazy and better be careful.
Well I have the king of the analogues BETA-HYDROXY-THIO-FENTANYL, and need 5 mg. Iv to get fixed for 3 minutes. I was hoping I could make something akin to
Smoking opium, with damiana the fentanyl mixed in acetone and make it like you would any cannabinoid blend.
Is this possible, of tin foil smells and tastes bad E

3d ya need to clear your pm inbox man. Been trying to shoot you a msg for like a month man. As a greenlighter ya can only have 2 PM's in there at a time!