• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drugs to promote creativity and enhancement of cognitive abilities?

Who was it that said they write stoned, then edit sober?

For music, be on a light dose of the substance that you feel your music's audience will appeal to. I usually use a small dose of speed (Either in meth form or prescription) to create music.

For writing, I feel like it's best to be in a fairly negative mindset. It is much easier to create good pices of literature while depressed. I cannot explain it. It is as if depression is the pure mind without a filter of happiness over it.

Who was it that said they write stoned, then edit sober?

*Write while drunk, edit while sober" - Ernest Hemmingway

For music, be on a light dose of the substance that you feel your music's audience will appeal to. I usually use a small dose of speed (Either in meth form or prescription) to create music.

For writing, I feel like it's best to be in a fairly negative mindset. It is much easier to create good pices of literature while depressed. I cannot explain it. It is as if depression is the pure mind without a filter of happiness over it.

*Write while drunk, edit while sober" - Ernest Hemmingway

There's an interesting book called The Thirsty Muse all about Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Faulkner, and Eugene O'Neill and getting into how while drinking initially did seem to help their writing it then began to severely limit their skills and careers. Fitz and 'Neill came to despise drinking. In some cases, their rep for being a hard drinker alsp hurt them too as they began to get a rock star syndrome (Hemingway especially) and tried to live up to the rep even though they knew the drinking was hurting their writing. Anyway an interesting book with plenty to debate and think about if ever want to check it out.

Of the stuff have done thought shrooms were the best for creativity, could almost feel my mind being re-wired and new synapses happening.

The 2C-x series at low doses act as nootropics and the 2C-x series can generally increase creativity as well. However' it works better if you're already smart and creative. DMAA act as a safe stimulant. It better than speed or crappy modafinil. 2C-C at low doses is an anxiolytic(anti-anxiety). 2C-I at low doses increase energy and mood and speeds up thought processes. 2C-D at low doses increases memory, abstract thinking, and problem solving skills.

We use amphetamines in school to do better on tests. This is a no brainer. You can't exactly write an essay while trippy.

i agree that amps help while writing/studying but i think they are talking about expanding their creativity and opening their mind, and after possibly writing an essay LOL

Me too! Opiates really help me get things worked out:) of course when I run out I feel like a suicidal squirrel! :-(

I just like plain old cannabis for creative purposes.

Amphetamines are useful too, but moreso towards focus rather than creative thinking.

You often get an endless barrage of new ideas from a high dose of amphetamines. This is primarily early on before any tolerance develops but it is very significant. Before the effects become routine they can be very creative, especially regarding whatever task is at hand. It seems like most people do far too much on an empty stomach or lowball the does.

I have thought creatively in cannabis but it was more of a one off thing. Amphetamines are more disciplined and productive with their cognitive enhancement.

For the psychedelics, if anything I would say they cause massive cognitive impairment until you are no longer under their effects. To say they enhance cognition is ridiculous. I know you can get deep into creative thought and break down concepts into component parts and think about things in ways you never have before but you are unlikely to actually achieve/produce anything until the trip is over. This is why I have trouble agreeing that they actually enhance cognition. On a hefty psych dose you are essentially incapacitated. The creativity also has a more random spin on it but it is definitely there.

LSD promotes creativity as an after-effect, but not during the experience.

Cannabis promotes creativity for me, whereas dextroamphetamine enhances cognitive abilities, working memory and task saliency.

I think it depends on what type of effect you need. If you want new ideas, or more abstract ideas i would go with the psychedelics and marijuana. Make sure you write things down and then review them sober however, don't go too crazy and show people stuff you wrote when you are tweaking...it's never a good idea. If you need a push to create or enhance your existing ideas, then go with the stimulants. I always find coke and a little booze is the drive i need to write or create things I'm too unsure or chicken shit to do when im sober.

Meth is my Creative drug. I am more focused and have found to write more meaningful poems. Everyone i know tells me my poems are really good, that i should get them published and i was actually thinking i can do that... publish a "Poems of a Meth User" lol nahh but really i love my writings.. i also found i have more logical thoughts and talks. I feel smarter lol. Yep meth is mine!

I would have to say the mix of meth and H(or any opiate) do it for me. The opiate takes away any negativities the meth may provide, while keeping all the positives. A close second would be candy flipping. The one time I've done this, I was in Denver and had really good MDMA and LSD, and it was quit an experience. It produced all kinds of different thoughts and emotions.

Lsd for a new perspective for sure. And amphetamines generally help me gather the scattered thoughts.

What dissociatives are good for inspiring creativity? ....

I am interested to hear from people who say cannabis inspires creativity. I've never understood how, personally.

The first def promotes some new perspectives, methoxetamine is the one I am having these with. Why .... they sorta give you a near death/ religious experience. This creates an flow of thoughts and drive beyond the realm of your minds bounderies. The bounderies created by the ego over the years which limit and narrow your possibilities.

For cannabis, synthetics in my case, an high enough dose. The dose that gets you uncomfterable and paranoid, at the same time making you face your demons and flaws. In other words showing what is wrong and why I suck. This realisation or looking in the mirror brought me to some very bright ideas. Although not all are accomplished, yet!