View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How to remove HPBCD from 25i-nbome hcl?

hetzer38t

Greenlighter
Theoretically, how would one go about removing HPBCD from a complexed solution of 600mg 25i-nbome hcl and 4.8g HPBCD dissolved in 30ml ethanol?

Keeping the 25i-nbome an hcl salt.

Anyone have first hand experience doing such a thing?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Ummmmmm..................

Why do you think you need to remove the HPBCD??

What a bizarre question.

HPBCD is pretty much useless on the hcl, as well as bulky/messy. I've never found an answer to this question and am not knowledgeable enough to come up with a theory myself.

You can't easily. But the HPBCD won't harm anything either

just leave it be

I know it wont harm anything. I'm still interested to know how to do it. There are several negative things about having the complexed solution which would be desirable to eliminate.

well, unless your vendor is a complete retard then you have the freebase 25I complexed, and would need to convert your 25I to the HCl salt with any method you choose

the easy way (not very pure way) is find a small, non-polar aromatic solvent like toluene or benzene. dissolve the powder in water, mix with solvent, shake, let separate, keep the solvent layer, then precipitate the 25I by gassing with HCl. (just an idea, not sure if it would work)

the not as easy way (pure way, need real equipment) is to separate them via chromatography

neither of these methods are recommended without at least a basic chemistry understanding. the chromatography method requires university level organic lab experience. either way, if you dont know what youre doing, dont try anything. you will most likely hurt yourself

the easy way (not very pure way) is find a small, non-polar aromatic solvent like toluene or benzene. dissolve the powder in water, mix with solvent, shake, let separate, keep the solvent layer, then precipitate the 25I by gassing with HCl. (just an idea, not sure if it would work)

Its the HCL salt, my mate complexed it himself back when everyone still thought you had to complex nbome at all to make it orally active.
I wonder if hpbcd would dissolve in acetone, I know the nbome hcl does not, perhaps that would work to seperate the two?

Theoretical discussion and anecdotal evidence suggest that complexed NBOMe salts have to be at least as potent, and probably somewhat more potent, than non-complexed salts. De-complexing them isn't going to affect their complete lack of oral activity either way, and I can't think of any other good reason why you would want to do it. Why can't you just use them as is? What the heck are you trying to do?

hydroxypropyl beta cyclodextrin

the only way to effectively seperate the 2 is acid/base extraction - neutralzie the salt, turn it to a freebase, remove it from the HPBCD with a solvent, and add acid back later