Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM 1,776mg + Dimenhydrinate 750mg + Grapefruit - Veteran - The Lizard's Tongue

JasperTheReckless

Bluelighter
Disclaimer - The author of this report took 1.75 grams of a dissociative psychedelic with grapefruit juice, a substance that is known to increase the effects of certain drugs. Without a tolerance, or possibly with, this could have fatal consequences. Those of us who ascribe to the philosophy of responsible drug use do not engage in nor encourage this type of behavior. You do not have to risk your life or health to get high. That is why Bluelight exists - to teach people this truth.

Here we go again, browsing walmart shelves, wandering the aisles. I descend on my targets, two five ounce bottles of delsym, two grapefruits and a turkey sub.

I pick out a red bull in the checkout lane, and am on my way.

Tonight's a boring night, something is up on campus, so I have to spend the night away from my boyfriend, which mean, to pass the lonely time I'll have a sip or two of the good ol' grape. I decide what i'll do to pass the time while my loot kicks in once I get back to the house. I bring the Xbox, and my speakers inside, and set them up while I peel and eat both grapefruits. My friend (whose house it is) give me the evil eye, he hates grapefruit. Another friend calls me, and oddly, yells at me and laughs, he hates grapefruit too; they taste gross he says. He is dexxing too, so we joke and play on the phone while I dose. He drops his all at once, but I space my out. I'm working on a hunch.

11:20pm I pull off the seal on the bottle, and pour it into a crystal tumbler, and drop in two ice cubes. The high life.

I sip it, grimace, and slurp down half the glass, and set it down on the counter. I move to the front room, and set up the xbox. I have to fight with the TV, the video input is loose. I jerry-rig it to work with a chunk of metal, and a rubber band. Ahhhh. I pop in my game, my fuckin' game, best video game ever, Dark Souls, second only to it's playstation predecessor. I play for a bit, and my friend calls back, we chat for a while, and I down the other half of the glass; I head outside for a smoke. Some stale reds hit the spot real nice.

12:30 I feel the pricks of the first bottle, and open the chaser bottle. This is already vastly different from other DXM trips; grapefruit does this. Colors are bright and clear. My movements feel smooth, and lubricated, solid, strong. I feel like a professor to his student, I feel amazing. Lack of a body load is noted here.

1am I finish the second bottle, and drop four dramamine, to settle my stomach. tendrils of DXM creep up over my brain, lacing their web of snuggly warms ness around me. I feel like I'm in a lexan suit of armor, unbreakable glass, the world is so clear, in HD, and I'm indestructible. I begin to feel giddy, and irresponsible. I pull a metal tube out of a drawer in the kitchen, and rifle around the bedroom for a fire cracker; I love loud noises, music is best, but loud is my favorite drug, bar none. I'll turn down coke, or meth, or ecstasy for a chance to hear a good system play my favorite song. And dex makes me crave it more. I grab another cigarette and head out to the porch, I light it up, and drop the madcat in the tube, light the fuse and set it down. the fuse was stubbed, and very short, it goes off almost immediately, dead powder sprays my hand, I feel the pricks, but no pain follows; I must be higher than I though, pain is turning off.

2am I lay down in the kitchen (all the beds are packed up, the house is being sold soon) and go on facebook and youtube for a bit, I turn up the bass and stare at the ceiling, I close my eyes and wait for my scaly tailed friend to drop down from the heavens.

I call him The Lizard.

I think the name came from the phrase "slizzard like a lizard" which means drunk as hell, but my friends and I always used the word for DXM, we don't really drink. To each his own.

He is a little salamander, made of obsidian, in my mind, he crawls right up on top of my brain, and when the DXM levels are sufficient, and he is happy, he tickles my brain, and makes everything amazing.

I feel like a little kid describing the lizard, as it's only a daydream after all :)

I doze off a little, and when I wake, my skin feels numb, and my vision is blurred a little, I get up and drop eight more dramamine to pass the time, the lizard is coming late this time. I trip on the dramamine, I hallucinate, and get lots of auditories, I keep waking up my friend, with my mutterings. It's funny, I'll answer questions nobody asks and ask people who aren't there what's going on.

I finally fall back asleep, I sleep hard. I wake around 8am. The Lizard greets me. I sit up, and my vision shatters, like when a hammer hits a tv screen, or a thick pane of glass. The shards slide, and my eyes twitch, my vision is offset, one of my eyes sees a bit crooked. Pesky lizard, he knows I have a soft spot for him. I am effectively blind for a few hours I guess, I have to cover my right eye to see straight. Ahhhhh the sacrifices I make to enjoy drugs.
I get up and fall on my ass. I sit up, too fast, and kiss the floor. I laugh, and slowly dust myself off and stand up, my tolerance dropped a tad. I gather my things and get ready to go to the store; i'm hungry as hell. I get scared when I am floating in the headroom of the upper third plateau and I travel in public. I feel like a cartoon character no body likes, I feel paranoid, and embarrassed. They know what's up.

I get to the store and my lowered inhibition get the best of me, I get two twelve packs of redbull and a sandwich. I head to the dorms to curl up next to my boy, and let the lizard do his work.

My friend drops me off and heads to class, I jump under the covers and watch the scenes on the backs of my eyelids for a few hours until B gets back.
He gets home, and we cuddle madstyle, the euphoria is absurd. I smile like a madman, I am content. I fly through the rest of the day, and sleep like a dead rock at night.

I am typing this this morning, and with a few notes.

My skin is numb, HPPD is here for a bit, I am extremely dehydrated, and hungry as all hell. I am a little delirious, and were is not for prior experience, I wouldn't know it, and would be acting on impulses. I can see bloodvessels in my skin, and when I put a finger on the back of my hand, it leaves a fingerprint for a stark second. I can only wonder what i'm doing to my brain. I feel older than I am, aged by the stress of drugs, young by the effects they've had, stunting my growth, and in reality, caught up somewhere in between.

I hope i'll be okay one day, I love Blake and don't wanna drug myself retarded.

Cheers Bluelight, hope you enjoyed the TR :)

-Chris

Tagged by devilsgospel
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_dimenhydrinate
substancecode_deliriants
substancecode_nicotianatabacum
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
_combo_
explevel_veryexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_healthissues
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
What a nice report. I found it unique to an individual perspective of a DXM trip, while familiar (I had my days of DXM experimentation, but had to stop because it always gave me terrible headaches on the comedown) and easy to read.

This was a good trip report. Just be careful with OTC medicines. I'm not sure what the allure of DPH is, but for some reason I see it here and there in PD and TR. Just be careful.

This was a good trip report. Just be careful with OTC medicines. I'm not sure what the allure of DPH is, but for some reason I see it here and there in PD and TR. Just be careful.

I am acutely aware of the dangers of Dimenhydrinate, and Diphenhydramine, respectively. I have learned to respect them the hard way, through many many trips, over the last three and a half years.

Additional note, I don't recommend Diphen or Dimen to anyone, the vast majority of people find them unpleasant. I guess i'm just weird. :\

What has Bluelight come to when we commend a member for taking almost 2 grams of DXM, almost a gram of DMH, potentiated by grapefruit juice??

Jasper this is nothing personal but come on man, all you've done since you started posting here is talk about insane combinations of heavy doses of mostly dangerous drugs.

Sure, it was written well enough. I'm more concerned whether the fellow knows when to stop, or at least take it back a few solid notches. And it don't look like it.

It's one thing to be addicted to a certain drug and know maybe in 10 or 20 years the addiction will kill you. That's sad enough. It's another thing to take insane doses of shit and never know when the next time might kill you.

Good point, bluedolphin. I overlooked the dose.

OP, that is a very high dose of DXM. Not sure about the DMH - I would have to research it. Do you not feel that 1.75g of DXM is overkill (especially when combined with another chemical)? When I used to experiment with the chemical, I do not believe that I ever went over 300mg. More is not always better. For example, I would much prefer to take two hits of LSD as opposed to 20. This is not a race, nor is it a game. You could kill yourself in the attempt to achieve an altered state.

I like bad trips, I also like overwhelming experiences.
My dxm tolerance is sky high, I have probably gone into the triple digits in terms of trips. I can hold a conversation on a gram and a half. The only real inhibiting effect I get anymore is blurred vision.
I'm not looking for praise, I'm writing a trip report.
In regards to my safety, don't feel concerned for my life when I'm not.
That's my business.

In regards to harm reduction, both of you have valid points. My doses are irresponsible and dangerous.
Any users seeking a positive experience, should not attempt dumb shit like this. It's reckless and a waste of a perfectly good life.

What can I say, you're free to continue to write these trip reports, and I'm free to continue to call them out for being dangerous and irresponsible. If you're not concerned about your life I certainly won't make it my problem. But there are people out there who might think repeating your actions might sound like a good idea.

Just because you have a mental tolerance to DXM does not mean that you have a physical tolerance. You are playing with doses where people sometimes (not usually, but sometimes) die. And grapefruit juice makes these super high dose trips all the more dangerous.

This is not a lecture for you, it's an observation I am sharing for other people who may be reading this with particular interest.

Nice report brother. As a fellow dexer with a high tolerance let me offer some observations...strictly out of love you understand :) First off, you can get to those same places without taking that much dex. The way is simple: Drink a half gallon of white grapefruit each day for three days before dosing. Next, you can add a little loperamide to the mix if you really want to potentiate that dissociative aspect of the thing. Now understand, this aint kid stuff here, and in no way is this harm reduction. Point of fact, you get messing around with that triple hitter of lope, white grapefruit and DXM, you're sure gonna get your ass kicked sooner than later my friend, so start small. As in, SMALL. Not to put too fine a point on it, be thinking less than 600mg DXM, less than 24 mg lope, and obviously don't gum up the works with alcohol or other unnecessary shizznit. Do things this way and I promise you can walk the red lady all along that watchtower in full three dimensional OEV's and never ever go over a gram of DXM. Oh yeah, don't forget to get that liver tested now and again and also take breaks my man...soon enough you're gonna be talking to Paul in prison when he was spreading the gospel, dig?

I read this! I liked it; reminded me of good times. I've had interesting journeys too. I like your talking about the lizard. I usually journey with classical elements like god and satan.