• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5mg oxycodone no apap...IV???

ZiggyBoy

Greenlighter
GOT A BUNCH OF THE LITTLE...oh sorry bout caps.....5mg oxy tabs...IR....ive been crushing and heating cuz i think the heat allows for more solubility and also im used to heating the oc80 pills..pluss its a ritual of sorts.....is this no good.....should just let dissolve...draw and slam...many thanks guys....

Zig

GOT A BUNCH OF THE LITTLE...oh sorry bout caps.....5mg oxy tabs...IR....ive been crushing and heating cuz i think the heat allows for more solubility and also im used to heating the oc80 pills..pluss its a ritual of sorts.....is this no good.....should just let dissolve...draw and slam...many thanks guys....

Zig

Never heat pills. Oxycodone dissolves in room temp water just fine. All that heating pills does is allow for the solid binders/fillers to temporarily dissolve into the solution, only to solidify and precipitate out of the solution once it's in your system. This thread shows what happens to the particles when heated.

The oxycodone makes up a very small percentage of the whole pill, so there is supposed to be a lot of stuff left behind. Also, you should really use a micron filter if you are going to IV them (the reasons for doing so are also mentioned in the link above).

The oral bioavailability of oxycodone is so high that the risks involved with IVing it does not outweigh the reward. You get a longer duration of the high when taking it orally, and you don't really lose much in terms of the high.

Last edited:
this is not advanced discussion

Oxycodone is very soluble in water, even cold water, but you shouldn't really be IVing 5mg tabs without micron filtration first.
Have you considered rectal or oral administration?

ADD -> BDD

In my opinion.. and I know I'm not alone in this thought.. the IV high from oxy is so weak, (really not any greater than oral as the BA is so high and it provides no real "rush" to speak of when IV'ed) that the risks and dangers associated with shooting a pill, especially without a micron filter, just do not make it worth it.