Bluelight

Thread: 5mg oxycodone no apap...IV???

1. Collapse Details
    5mg oxycodone no apap...IV??? 
    GOT A BUNCH OF THE LITTLE...oh sorry bout caps.....5mg oxy tabs...IR....ive been crushing and heating cuz i think the heat allows for more solubility and also im used to heating the oc80 pills..pluss its a ritual of sorts.....is this no good.....should just let dissolve...draw and slam...many thanks guys....

Zig

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyBoy View Post
    GOT A BUNCH OF THE LITTLE...oh sorry bout caps.....5mg oxy tabs...IR....ive been crushing and heating cuz i think the heat allows for more solubility and also im used to heating the oc80 pills..pluss its a ritual of sorts.....is this no good.....should just let dissolve...draw and slam...many thanks guys....

Zig
    Never heat pills. Oxycodone dissolves in room temp water just fine. All that heating pills does is allow for the solid binders/fillers to temporarily dissolve into the solution, only to solidify and precipitate out of the solution once it's in your system. This thread shows what happens to the particles when heated.

The oxycodone makes up a very small percentage of the whole pill, so there is supposed to be a lot of stuff left behind. Also, you should really use a micron filter if you are going to IV them (the reasons for doing so are also mentioned in the link above).

The oral bioavailability of oxycodone is so high that the risks involved with IVing it does not outweigh the reward. You get a longer duration of the high when taking it orally, and you don't really lose much in terms of the high.
    Last edited by Tommyboy; 29-11-2012 at 04:23.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    this is not advanced discussion

Oxycodone is very soluble in water, even cold water, but you shouldn't really be IVing 5mg tabs without micron filtration first.
    Have you considered rectal or oral administration?

ADD -> BDD
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28

4. Collapse Details

Nvm
    Last edited by jbgonnabe; 30-11-2012 at 04:52. Reason: feel stupid

5. Collapse Details

In my opinion.. and I know I'm not alone in this thought.. the IV high from oxy is so weak, (really not any greater than oral as the BA is so high and it provides no real "rush" to speak of when IV'ed) that the risks and dangers associated with shooting a pill, especially without a micron filter, just do not make it worth it.